Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
i wonder how COVID is going in BC today. let me check the news...

“Bleacher Report” posted:

The outbreak of COVID-19 among the Vancouver Canucks is continuing to spread.

According to Darren Dreger of TSN, more than 20 players and coaches have tested positive for the virus, and family members are also contracting it.

Vancouver has been dealing with issues related to COVID-19 since March 31, when two players and a coach were named to the COVID-19 protocol list, per Jimmy Hascup of USA Today. The team has not played since March 24.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939367-report-more-than-20-vancouver-canucks-players-coaches-test-positive-for-covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Not to mention the 2000+ new cases over the last 2 days

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Squibbles posted:

Not to mention the 2000+ new cases over the last 2 days

Surprisingly, the 20 canucks players are what is in the news.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Crow Buddy posted:

Surprisingly, the 20 canucks players are what is in the news.

I see it as a sign they’re losing control of the situation. 2000 cases in two days is less surprising to me than a bunch of millionaires getting it. If it’s creeping into elite wealthy circles, it’s going to be much worse for ordinary working folks.

They can’t even keep the bread and circuses going because everyone at the circus has COVID.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sorry todays the day everything has to stop so we can think about the guy who said "gently caress traditions, save a life"

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

BGrifter posted:

I see it as a sign they’re losing control of the situation. 2000 cases in two days is less surprising to me than a bunch of millionaires getting it. If it’s creeping into elite wealthy circles, it’s going to be much worse for ordinary working folks.

They can’t even keep the bread and circuses going because everyone at the circus has COVID.

It also shows just how transmissible the P1 variant is. It spread this far in a group of people who are tested regularly and who take a whole host of extra precautions (e.g., only private flights; no leaving hotel rooms or socializing in other team mates' hotel rooms when on the road). If it can spread like wild fire there, imagine how quickly it could spread in schools, workplaces etc. that don't have constant surveillance and where people are more relaxed about/don't have access to the same kind of preventative measures (like high quality masks).

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

You know poo poo's bad for the provincial conservatives when Tom Broadbeck of all loving people is calling them out.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Goosed it. posted:

It also shows just how transmissible the P1 variant is. It spread this far in a group of people who are tested regularly and who take a whole host of extra precautions (e.g., only private flights; no leaving hotel rooms or socializing in other team mates' hotel rooms when on the road). If it can spread like wild fire there, imagine how quickly it could spread in schools, workplaces etc. that don't have constant surveillance and where people are more relaxed about/don't have access to the same kind of preventative measures (like high quality masks).

Whew good thing we aren't doing something stupid like having kids in classrooms, right?

Right?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Whew good thing we aren't doing something stupid like having kids in classrooms, right?

Right?

Good thing almost all the kids I teach didn't tell me they are going to or being visited by relatives this weekend.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Glad that Churches were open this weekend and breaking the occupancy limit! It's what jesus would have wanted!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fried Watermelon posted:

Glad that Churches were open this weekend and breaking the occupancy limit! It's what jesus would have wanted!

For the first time in my life I'm wondering if nailing my doors shut with planks of wood is on the table.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who would stop you?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Another Bill posted:

For the first time in my life I'm wondering if nailing my doors shut with planks of wood is on the table.

of course it's not on the table, it's on the door

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Nail your table to the door

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's cool that the cops will show up and crack skulls to evict poor people, but small business owners can just look at an order to close down fully and be like "nah" and nothing happens lol

https://twitter.com/cbcbriandance/status/1378706933192921092

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

It's cool that the cops will show up and crack skulls to evict poor people, but small business owners can just look at an order to close down fully and be like "nah" and nothing happens lol

If we were to base expectations on how long it takes the VPD to evict homeless encampments from Vancouver's public parks, they must have at least another 18 months or so before the heat comes?

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Sassafras posted:

If we were to base expectations on how long it takes the VPD to evict homeless encampments from Vancouver's public parks, they must have at least another 18 months or so before the heat comes?

:aochloe:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the Gusto guy owned another establishment that closed at the beginning of the pandemic because he failed to pay his rent for like 3 years

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Juul-Whip posted:

the Gusto guy owned another establishment that closed at the beginning of the pandemic because he failed to pay his rent for like 3 years

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Corduroy owner is going full sovereign citizen on the province lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
legally airtight :rackem:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
sovcit posters make me wonder if they think the actual photons of red light are what prevent cars from entering the intersection

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
It's the gold fringe on the amber.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh yeah they also have a bunch of health violations :laugh:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

You CAN NOT come in here and arrest us also if you come in here you will BE ARRESTED

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Booourns posted:

You CAN NOT come in here and arrest us also if you come in here you will BE ARRESTED

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh_gIxTitMM

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Juul-Whip posted:

oh yeah they also have a bunch of health violations :laugh:

That's relatively inconsequential - was going to say Gusto's weren't when I saw the "7" but most were "distancing" and they got it back to one by a couple days later -- look up ten of your favourite places and probably nine would be rife with similar. It's an exceedingly rare place run by someone anal (who has similar managers / really good luck re: presence and circumstances on inspection days) that doesn't get hit with a bunch of violations by inspectors.

Same thing with childcare facilities.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

so do they have their own court system in corduroylandia or what

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
lmao at Canadian lunatics attempting to import US gold fringe legal hystrionics

That monarch the US did a revolution to free itself from? oh yeah that's our literal head of state today right now. Not even titular, royal power is literally invoked whenever necessary here as in other countries

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Sassafras posted:

That's relatively inconsequential - was going to say Gusto's weren't when I saw the "7" but most were "distancing" and they got it back to one by a couple days later -- look up ten of your favourite places and probably nine would be rife with similar. It's an exceedingly rare place run by someone anal (who has similar managers / really good luck re: presence and circumstances on inspection days) that doesn't get hit with a bunch of violations by inspectors.

Same thing with childcare facilities.

Evidence of rodent activity/breeding seems pretty damning for Corduroy though tbh

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lmao at Canadian lunatics attempting to import US gold fringe legal hystrionics

That monarch the US did a revolution to free itself from? oh yeah that's our literal head of state today right now. Not even titular, royal power is literally invoked whenever necessary here as in other countries

Not really importing it I don't think. We've had this kind of thing here for quite some time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

[wo]man

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lmao chris sky tried to board a plane and was told he’s on a no fly list. Goes on to whine on Instagram and looks like the bitch-made rear end in a top hat that he is.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Squibbles posted:

Not really importing it I don't think. We've had this kind of thing here for quite some time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land

Yeah but most Canadians are completely ignorant of both civics and corresponding legal precedents in Canada and cite US poo poo instead ie Bill of Rights vs Charter of Rights and Freedoms

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

pokeyman posted:

sovcit posters make me wonder if they think the actual photons of red light are what prevent cars from entering the intersection

i mean they do. they hit the retina causing the human driver's brain to interpret it as a red light and send electrical signals down to the calf to contract the muscle causing the brake to be applied causing the brake pad molecules to rub against the spinning axle, causing a force on the axle that slows its rotation, causing the tires to apply a force on the road opposite the cars direction, causing the entire car to slow down.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

human garbage bag posted:

i mean they do. they hit the retina causing the human driver's brain to interpret it as a red light and send electrical signals down to the calf to contract the muscle causing the brake to be applied causing the brake pad molecules to rub against the spinning axle, causing a force on the axle that slows its rotation, causing the tires to apply a force on the road opposite the cars direction, causing the entire car to slow down.

right. it's the "human" part of that system that seems to be missing from sovcit reasoning. laws are only what gets enforced, and red lights only work if the operator reacts to them

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:keke:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 17:15 on Jun 28, 2021

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

ZeeBoi posted:

lmao chris sky tried to board a plane and was told he’s on a no fly list. Goes on to whine on Instagram and looks like the bitch-made rear end in a top hat that he is.

I love it. You can really hear the fear in his voice when the cops approach him. As much as it is maddening to see idiots like him, Skely and this sovcit resto owner in BC flaunt the law, I think it's only a matter of time before it all catches up with them, someone with power gets tired of their poo poo and wants to set an example, and we all get a nice dose of schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yeah but most Canadians are completely ignorant of both civics and corresponding legal precedents in Canada and cite US poo poo instead ie Bill of Rights vs Charter of Rights and Freedoms

in my defense the us has poo poo like the fifth amendment which tells you pretty unambiguously what you need to do when dealing with the law (shut the gently caress up until they beat it out of you)

as far as i can tell the canadian equivalent is pretty nebulous; like i remember looking it up briefly once and it involves legal precedents and if you don't cooperate with the cops that's bad for you but also if they push you too much then maybe that's bad for them if the judge says so? gently caress if i know