Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Oof, must be hard to take considering he hides in CSPAM all the time being on the 'right' side of the dogma line. Being outgrouped must really freak those types out. Politics has been reduced to cliques complete with bullies and the bullied. It would be funny but I fear this shitshow is actually mirrored in real political circles. No wonder everything has gone to poo poo and is getting worse.

Has been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

oh god yeah that was hosed up, because she didn't see anything wrong with it? there was like some weird bit where :nms: she said it was super normal that her dad would let her play on him while he had sex with her mom or something. glad i still remember that! :nms:

Okay good I'm not the only one with that distinct memory. I want to say E/N back around 2010?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

oh god yeah that was hosed up, because she didn't see anything wrong with it? there was like some weird bit where :nms: she said it was super normal that her dad would let her play on him while he had sex with her mom or something. glad i still remember that! :nms:

Like someone else said, I'm pretty sure it was even more than that, but I could be wrong. Christ, I hope I'm wrong.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I think I need links for both of these threads

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Shortest Path posted:

The only relation between the two things afaik was Tashi helping out with bnr because she had already left SA over the fyad stuff, getting made a mod, and then almost immediately getting shitcanned for being a sex pest in the goon FFXIV discord.

I’m pretty sure Tashalicious was posting on SA up until the perma, though the last day of it was mostly spamming BnR links.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

2019-20 was a hell of a time for the forums. We had the whole Lowtax getting caught a second time, then a forums revolt, then Lowtax being caught a third time, then a forums buy out, then an exposure of just how crazy the first forum's coup actually was.

third time, actually.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wait, it's ArfJason?

Well that name just doesn't make sense.

Arf Json.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Acerbatus posted:

third time, actually.

Arf Json.

what a great hacker name

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m pretty sure Tashalicious was posting on SA up until the perma, though the last day of it was mostly spamming BnR links.

It happened pretty fast and a lot of that concentrated vitriol was centered around attacking Renee for her role in allegedly "outing" CB which I was never clear on.

It was right around the time the Renee's insane stalker ex started spamming here and BnR(or they just repeated what he said) a bunch of really creepy poo poo that a couple of people immediately ran with like it was Aatrek's criminal record and crowed about her getting comeuppance or some gross poo poo.

It was a weird turning point where "believe women" was either used to score debate points or ignored outright when you like what is being said about them all in the same short time frame.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Is Some Guy TT the dude that everyone PMs when they want to try and grudge against mods? He was the guy who tried to champion Deathray or whatever his name was and he's been making every mod-grudge thread in QCS lately.

He's lucky they haven't all gone as poorly as the Deathray thread.

pentyne posted:

It happened pretty fast and a lot of that concentrated vitriol was centered around attacking Renee for her role in allegedly "outing" CB which I was never clear on.

It was right around the time the Renee's insane stalker ex started spamming here and BnR(or they just repeated what he said) a bunch of really creepy poo poo that a couple of people immediately ran with like it was Aatrek's criminal record and crowed about her getting comeuppance or some gross poo poo.

It was a weird turning point where "believe women" was either used to score debate points or ignored outright when you like what is being said about them all in the same short time frame.

It wasn't CascadeBeta, but Cuntellectual. Also it wasn't her outing Cuntellectual, but her permabanning her.

Cuntellectual's thing was incredibly confusing and as far as I can tell, Queen Combat was asked by her to get her into the trans discord or something, which involved vouching to the trans discord mods that Cuntellectual was indeed trans, since... trans discord. Cuntellectual got mad at this and ran to QCS and started a thread shouting that she was outted, apparently confused and thinking that the discord was official SA discord and thus she had been outed to SA? I can't really be sure. She grudged about it for a while and acted like a jerk until Renee perma'd her, and a bunch of people with a grudge against Renee claimed that she perma'd Cuntellectual for being outed, when the outing happened like... a year before. This also resulted in Renee permaing Queen Combat for the outing and also promoting BnR, which led to even more stalking and harassing and a lot of BnRers being banned, which was very good, but also Renee quitting, which wasn't so good.

EDIT: Also Cuntellectual has constantly claimed that FAU was the one who changed her name to that awful name, but I have no confirmation. If so, FAU did a bad.

Kchama has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Apr 6, 2021

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kchama posted:

EDIT: Also Cuntellectual has constantly claimed that FAU was the one who changed her name to that awful name, but I have no confirmation. If so, FAU did a bad.

There were definitely a lot of tasteless vulva-related usernames applied during that era of name changes, so yeah, I believe it

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

the hasidic ask/tell was fascinating because it featured several people in the hasidic community hearing about the thread (it became infamous in brooklyn hasidic circles apparently) and sharing their own experiences, including a woman who enjoyed her experiences and a guy who said he was an atheist but couldn't tell anyone because he'd lose his family

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

2019-20 was a hell of a time for the forums. We had the whole Lowtax getting caught a second time, then a forums revolt, then Lowtax being caught a third time, then a forums buy out, then an exposure of just how crazy the first forum's coup actually was.

Was the whole blowup around Lady Ambien and I think D&D that resulted in people saying Lowtax had been powercucked off his own forums 2019 or was that 2018? My sense of time has been warped as poo poo the last year.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Shortest Path posted:

being a sex pest in the goon FFXIV discord.

Lmao wait really? What was their character name

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

There were definitely a lot of tasteless vulva-related usernames applied during that era of name changes, so yeah, I believe it

I believe her, too. She did have a much less terrible name in the old days I remember. It's a real hosed up thing to do. The only question was if FAU did it or someone else.

Kchama has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Apr 6, 2021

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Kchama posted:

I would have taken that any day over we are the funyons. I'll never participate in a name change thread again.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Cuntellectual is a punny vulgar SA name it’s classic. Idk what’s so wrong about the name itself, although if FAU just slapped it on without a justification (name change thread, moderation) that’s lovely IMO.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FilthyImp posted:

Meet the new boss, same as the old.

I'm someone that got suckered by KM and the Fake Alt thing was absolutely amazingly good at destroying any credibility she had.

Plus also the whole "The Admins wil ban me for speaking truth!" and no one doing anything to her account .

The thing is that Fake Alts, when used with some restraint and forethought, can be extremely useful tools in certain situations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Lmao wait really? What was their character name

No idea. Also afaik the people she did gross stuff at would prefer it just kinda be left alone.

notoldpainless
Apr 6, 2021

oldpainless posted:

The thing is that Fake Alts, when used with some restraint and forethought, can be extremely useful tools in certain situations.

Good point. No, GREAT point. Another great post by you. Always enjoy reading your posts good sir. By far the best poster on here and no mistake. Anytime I see your name I know another entertaining and thought provoking post is incoming. Boy howdy they just make my day. Holy loving goddamn they’re so great

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Owlspiracy posted:

the hasidic ask/tell was fascinating because it featured several people in the hasidic community hearing about the thread (it became infamous in brooklyn hasidic circles apparently) and sharing their own experiences, including a woman who enjoyed her experiences and a guy who said he was an atheist but couldn't tell anyone because he'd lose his family

I don't know if it was the same thread but this reminded me of a poster who was so fundamentalist Jewish that he would tell other Jewish posters that they were not Jewish. Then when called on it would say things like "I didn't say you were not Jewish, I said that your entire belief system is so incredibly wrong that it could not be Jewish and therefore your entire life is a lie."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

notoldpainless posted:

Good point. No, GREAT point. Another great post by you. Always enjoy reading your posts good sir. By far the best poster on here and no mistake. Anytime I see your name I know another entertaining and thought provoking post is incoming. Boy howdy they just make my day. Holy loving goddamn they’re so great

more like altpainless

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Zero One posted:

I don't know if it was the same thread but this reminded me of a poster who was so fundamentalist Jewish that he would tell other Jewish posters that they were not Jewish. Then when called on it would say things like "I didn't say you were not Jewish, I said that your entire belief system is so incredibly wrong that it could not be Jewish and therefore your entire life is a lie."

That was Ari I think. He was definitely fond of being the Arbiter of Jewishness.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

notoldpainless posted:

more like newpainless.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

oldpainless posted:

More like oldfollowingless.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Kchama posted:

Is Some Guy TT the dude that everyone PMs when they want to try and grudge against mods? He was the guy who tried to champion Deathray or whatever his name was and he's been making every mod-grudge thread in QCS lately.

He's lucky they haven't all gone as poorly as the Deathray thread.

It wasn't CascadeBeta, but Cuntellectual. Also it wasn't her outing Cuntellectual, but her permabanning her.

Cuntellectual's thing was incredibly confusing and as far as I can tell, Queen Combat was asked by her to get her into the trans discord or something, which involved vouching to the trans discord mods that Cuntellectual was indeed trans, since... trans discord. Cuntellectual got mad at this and ran to QCS and started a thread shouting that she was outted, apparently confused and thinking that the discord was official SA discord and thus she had been outed to SA? I can't really be sure. She grudged about it for a while and acted like a jerk until Renee perma'd her, and a bunch of people with a grudge against Renee claimed that she perma'd Cuntellectual for being outed, when the outing happened like... a year before. This also resulted in Renee permaing Queen Combat for the outing and also promoting BnR, which led to even more stalking and harassing and a lot of BnRers being banned, which was very good, but also Renee quitting, which wasn't so good.

Is QC still perma'd for that? She was good people.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Zero One posted:

I'm flashing back to the guy in the Buddhism thread, many years ago, who insisted he was totally enlightened and was enough of a crazy rear end in a top hat about it to make Ruddha break kayfabe and start yelling at him about it.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

notoldpainless posted:

:golfclap:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

notoldpainless posted:

:hmmyes:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I'm flashing back to the guy in the Buddhism thread, many years ago, who insisted he was totally enlightened and was enough of a crazy rear end in a top hat about it to make Ruddha break kayfabe and start yelling at him about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3548558&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=21

Ruddha posted:

At one time there was a master and his disciple walking in the mountains. They passed two boys with a stand, selling live frogs for people to take home and eat. The young disciple told the old master to take a rest, saying he'd be right back. He bought all the frogs from the boys, who happily returned home. He threw the frogs one by one back into the river, who very happily swam and jumped. He returned to his master, who asked him, "You look happy, what happened?" the young monk replied "Oh, no problem! I saved the frogs!" The master said mournfully, "Oh, YOU saved them? Too bad! Now YOU go to hell!"

Ruddha posted:

Buddha raised a flower. None knew, save one. Mahakashyapa smiled, before his face wrinkled up, and he started shouting "Wow, are you guys seriously like this? Oh my god. Wow, forgot how dumb everyone is, except for me. You guys, holy guacamole."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kchama posted:

Also Cuntellectual has constantly claimed that FAU was the one who changed her name to that awful name, but I have no confirmation. If so, FAU did a bad.
Shortly after I became admin I started a name change thread in GBS and changed like 200 names. I made some good and some deliberately bad and some were just garbage I threw in because it was about 200 names in like two days. I'm surprised anyone kept theirs, and it's fine with me if people didn't like that one.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Ruddha was a goddamn treasure and it's fitting that our simple dead comedy forum could not contain him. Godspeed you golden bastard

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Is QC still perma'd for that? She was good people.

She was never perma'd. She was banned and brought back but never posted again. Having found the thread where it all happened, basically all the B&R people who weren't perma'd (I think it was mostly Addamere and Benghazi 2 who got perma'd)largely came back and have been posting under new accounts. Can't tell you if Queen Combat did that though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kchama posted:

Cuntellectual's thing was incredibly confusing and as far as I can tell, Queen Combat was asked by her to get her into the trans discord or something, which involved vouching to the trans discord mods that Cuntellectual was indeed trans, since... trans discord.

Y'know, I did post full receipts for the DM conversation with QC that showed that topic never came up to begin with, though you could argue I might've photoshopped them or something. :shrug:

My complaint at the time was that several people whom I hadn't discussed the topic with at all started PMing me accusatory things about how I was fake trans or lying or a gender traitor. It wasn't a big deal to me since when you troll people yeah sometimes people hit back, but I was concerned when one of my friends pointed out that there were vulnerable people posting in TGRS who might not take it the same way.

Think what you will about me otherwise, but that entire episode was 100% out of genuine concern for other people.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Shortly after I became admin I started a name change thread in GBS and changed like 200 names. I made some good and some deliberately bad and some were just garbage I threw in because it was about 200 names in like two days. I'm surprised anyone kept theirs, and it's fine with me if people didn't like that one.

I didn't care much either way, but I did find it funny how much hate it got considering there were and are people with way more edgy names than 'Cuntellectual'.

My favorite was HP Hovercraft.

Acerbatus has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Apr 6, 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not sure what those would have been but I'm glad you missed pissflaps and that someone x-ed :iamafag:

And that someone put all the "downs" smilies on the chopping block. :downsgun:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Legitimately dont blame anyone who went to BnR as at least something away from all the Lowtax poo poo for awhile there. Granted, easy to blame them if they stuck around as BnR also went to hell.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

Y'know, I did post full receipts for the DM conversation with QC that showed that topic never came up to begin with, though you could argue I might've photoshopped them or something. :shrug:

My complaint at the time was that several people whom I hadn't discussed the topic with at all started PMing me accusatory things about how I was fake trans or lying or a gender traitor. It wasn't a big deal to me since when you troll people yeah sometimes people hit back, but I was concerned when one of my friends pointed out that there were vulnerable people posting in TGRS who might not take it the same way.

Think what you will about me otherwise, but that entire episode was 100% out of genuine concern for other people.

I never heard about the receipts, to be honest, and I've never had bad thoughts about you on the whole subject. So you don't have to worry there.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can't remember specifically it was this thread but I wound up with 'drowned in pussy juice' as a username for more than a year because of a GBS namechange thread and I survived as awful scum in more than one mafia game just because people were so annoyed by how dumb it was they just stopped ever referring to me so thank you if that was you

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can't remember specifically it was this thread but I wound up with 'drowned in pussy juice' as a username for more than a year because of a GBS namechange thread and I survived as awful scum in more than one mafia game just because people were so annoyed by how dumb it was they just stopped ever referring to me so thank you if that was you

"too annoying to think about, much less target" is the reason why i've managed to survive several coups (long story), can confirm it works

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Beamed posted:

Legitimately dont blame anyone who went to BnR as at least something away from all the Lowtax poo poo for awhile there. Granted, easy to blame them if they stuck around as BnR also went to hell.

I joined it because, frankly, for a while there it was not clear Lowtax was going to go away (and wasn't going to nuke SA if he did), and I wanted some other forums with at least some people from here in case this site went down. If that happened I figured goons would rebuild elsewhere and even if that wasn't it, word would get around.

But I also don't really interact with the politics/gender issues side of the forum (I don't disagree with the general leftist political slant I just don't feel much need to discuss it). I just follow some of their games threads so any drama is well outside my knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

it was worth checking out BnR at least for a bit to play with xenforo which genuinely seemed pretty dang cool