Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic

margo has strong words about dark souls (sound)

https://i.imgur.com/yv2XgZY.mp4

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

FutonForensic posted:

margo has strong words about dark souls (sound)

https://i.imgur.com/yv2XgZY.mp4

wow, harsh!
li'l tail swish!

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

axolotl farmer

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

xcheopis posted:

Axolotls also welcome.

right now we have freshwater shrimp. they are filter feeders and like to stand directly in the jet from the filter.

xcheopis

axolotl farmer posted:

right now we have freshwater shrimp. they are filter feeders and like to stand directly in the jet from the filter.

:classiclol:

Gorging at the all you can eat buffet!

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Pretty good form for a round loaf

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Beans incoming:

Get a load of that dog

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

Beans incoming:

Get a load of that dog

*boop!*

GATOS Y VATOS

Extremely blessed

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Extremely blessed

Holy crap! That is amazing!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I want a Nutmeg in my life. I would be happy to be their people.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Nice pose, Harriett

Stoner Sloth

Achtane posted:

Nice pose, Harriett

:swoon: positively regal

xcheopis

The caped Avenger!

Achtane posted:

Nice pose, Harriett

Basking

Megabound

Meet Scoops:
https://i.imgur.com/wCYtW7B.mp4

and Poppy:

Gramps

nice cats orb

I give Scoops 10/10

I give Poppy an 11/10

Actually Scoops gets an 11 too.

I'm going to continue this post because it's aesthetically pleasing to me

I shouldn't get ripped and look at cat pictures on the internet. What am I saying of course I should

My kitty has taken to attacking my new shoes. To be fair they're real ugly, but he can't help himself. I walk into the room and he goes all shark eyes on me.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

These are fantastic cats.

I would like to pet them and I would also like to know more about the birds I could hear in the background please, thank you!!!!

Megabound

Those are 2 different kinds of birds that like to come visit the house. The small peeps are from rainbow lorikeets, they're real pretty and noisy.

The other song is from a Currawong

They're very handsome and I believe have the prettiest song of any bird! I made this recording of a huge flock of them we walked past:
https://lm.las.com.au/downloads/Currawongs.mp3

These guys also like to visit the house, they're Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and very loud

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Megabound posted:

Those are 2 different kinds of birds that like to come visit the house. The small peeps are from rainbow lorikeets, they're real pretty and noisy.

They're very handsome and I believe have the prettiest song of any bird! I made this recording of a huge flock of them we walked past:

These guys also like to visit the house, they're Sulphur Crested Cockatoos and very loud

I'm gonna need Australia to immediately stop being a loving magical island of wonder birds because this is a lot, I love every single one of those beautiful motherfuckers

Stoner Sloth

Megabound posted:

hello fellow australian poster!

these are all v good birds. where i am we get lots of galahs and honey eaters as well as the lorikeets.

up until recently where i was living had black cockatoos as well as sulphur crested and rosellas too - lots of noisey parrots!

some folks complain but frankly i always loved being around bird song (well song is a generous term for parrots lol but still)

Megabound

Nice! Australian birds are all kinds of lovely. We also get magpies, crows, noisy minors, blue faced honey eaters, kookaburras, bush stone curlews and have a tawny frogmouth that lives close by.

Black cockatoos would be amazing but I've only ever seen one in the wild.

Speaking of Tawnys I saw one yesterday while out taking photos.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I feel like we might need a bird crew thread I am feeling a mighty season of bird looking coming on

Stoner Sloth

Megabound posted:

Nice! Australian birds are all kinds of lovely. We also get magpies, crows, noisy minors, blue faced honey eaters, kookaburras, bush stone curlews and have a tawny frogmouth that lives close by.

Black cockatoos would be amazing but I've only ever seen one in the wild.

Speaking of Tawnys I saw one yesterday while out taking photos.

I love tawany frogmouths! Had a few of them around at various time. Magpies of course are always great - the ones where i lived were very friendly cause i'd saved a baby one from a swimming pool many years ago, amazing that they remember you and even bring their young uns around to learn who you are!

we got ravens here but everyone calls them crows (even the local football team lol) - same thing really i guess and they're great birds. kookaburras too, my old house had a bunch of them.

the black cockatoos are a lot more shy than the white ones - they don't let you get too close usually but they would come up from the local pine forest to sit in some pine trees we had. they'd do this in the hundreds and have a great time chewing up the pine cones and yelling at each other, lovely to watch.

we also had a bunch of little barn owls around, would always see them outside while having a smoke at night. great for keeping down the mouse population too

in conclusion birbs are great and thanks for sharing your awesome pictures with us!

Stoner Sloth

Teddy Thunders posted:

I feel like we might need a bird crew thread I am feeling a mighty season of bird looking coming on

this is a great idea - mostly got some old photos but could dig them up to contribute

hopefully i'll go fishing some time this year, would love to try and catch some shots of one of my all time favourite aussie birds: wedge tailed eagles!

even their nests are impressive as heck - you'll often see a lone tree in a paddock with this absolutely huge gently caress off nest made of small logs lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

this is a great idea - mostly got some old photos but could dig them up to contribute

hopefully i'll go fishing some time this year, would love to try and catch some shots of one of my all time favourite aussie birds: wedge tailed eagles!

even their nests are impressive as heck - you'll often see a lone tree in a paddock with this absolutely huge gently caress off nest made of small logs lol

I need to see if I can get some photos of the red tailed hawk mated pair and the nest,I don't want to get close but it's directly across from my bedroom window so if I get a stable zoom I might be able to see something.

Megabound

Bird crew would be dope. I don't use any zoom lenses or anything but have managed to capture some cool friends on film with wholly inappropriate cameras from time to time.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I am not very good at camera but I am definitely going to attempt to improve enough for clear shots of some birds this year, there's A LOT of changing biodiversity because of warming trends right now so I'm seeing birds I used to see much further south, regularly.

cruft

Wow, thread was pretty solid with the small mammals, then took a screeching high speed turn into cool birb territory like it just ain't no thang.

Not bad, thread.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Wow, thread was pretty solid with the small mammals, then took a screeching high speed turn into cool birb territory like it just ain't no thang.

Not bad, thread.

:cheerdoge:

GATOS Y VATOS

I just wanted to say that Scoops is an excellent name for an excellent cat.

biosterous

rear leg = pillow

gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

Pet birbs belong in pet thread and other birbs can have their own thread for wild birbs living it up on fermented berries and such.

Would fuss those fluffy felines all day, every day

biosterous posted:

rear leg = pillow

Show-off! :mad:

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just wanted to say that Scoops is an excellent name for an excellent cat.

Where are Lulu and Rokit?!?

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Rootkit is a solid pet name. Just putting this out there.

biosterous

xcheopis posted:

Show-off! :mad:

comfortably using your own leg as a pillow is a flex flex

gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

comfortably using your own leg as a pillow is a flex flex

Fuzzy jerk!

GATOS Y VATOS

cruft posted:

Rootkit is a solid pet name. Just putting this out there.

Thank you! His full name is Rokitansky J MacReady (after 2 of my favorite movie characters)

xcheopis posted:

Sorry I haven't posted them much lately. combo of busy and bad brain days. They are both well. Rokit unfortunately is insisting on waking up earlier and earlier to demand some food and attention. 5-5:30 I could deal with, but for the past few days he's getting going at 4am and I'm not thrilled with that. I'm a tiny bit anxious because his prescription food is becoming a bit harder to get because the company is having difficulty producing it. He prefers the dry food (?????) over the wet, so a lot of times he'll leave wet food mostly uneaten which leads to waste. I can get more wet food to stock up in case the dry continues to be unavailable but in the end it's going to cost more money :sigh:

Lulu is sleeping a lot as usual. She'll be 13 soon so that's not surprising. She's throwing up a bit now and then and I'm a little worried about that so I should make an appointment to have her looked at. She missed her annual last year due to covid so I gotta get that done soon.

I love them both very much.

xcheopis

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Thank you! His full name is Rokitansky J MacReady (after 2 of my favorite movie characters)

Sorry I haven't posted them much lately. combo of busy and bad brain days. They are both well. Rokit unfortunately is insisting on waking up earlier and earlier to demand some food and attention. 5-5:30 I could deal with, but for the past few days he's getting going at 4am and I'm not thrilled with that. I'm a tiny bit anxious because his prescription food is becoming a bit harder to get because the company is having difficulty producing it. He prefers the dry food (?????) over the wet, so a lot of times he'll leave wet food mostly uneaten which leads to waste. I can get more wet food to stock up in case the dry continues to be unavailable but in the end it's going to cost more money :sigh:

Lulu is sleeping a lot as usual. She'll be 13 soon so that's not surprising. She's throwing up a bit now and then and I'm a little worried about that so I should make an appointment to have her looked at. She missed her annual last year due to covid so I gotta get that done soon.

I love them both very much.

Can the vet recommend another food/manufacturer?

Aw, Lulu! I hope that's just because she's all old and stuff now and can't eat like a kitten any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS

xcheopis posted:

Can the vet recommend another food/manufacturer?

Aw, Lulu! I hope that's just because she's all old and stuff now and can't eat like a kitten any more.

I'm not sure- I'm going to ask the vet about that but apparently this is hitting a lot of prescription foods.

Also, Youtube just recommended this video and I hadn't thought of Live Circuit as a cat toy. I might have to get it after all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO2iQZ8tyXU