Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m going back to work as a bar manager.

https://youtu.be/G29DXfcdhBg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You know drat well I'm going to a theater to watch Fast 9

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
As long as everyone is wearing a mask and being socially distant, that's chill. Nobody wearing a mask at Pierce's.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Pierce should have ended the video as a PSA to get vaccinated and you can party with strippers too.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Hold on everyone I need to put my mask on before this strippers butthole is six inches from my face

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

i am a moron posted:

Hold on everyone I need to put my mask on before this strippers butthole is six inches from my face

You need goggles for that. You don't want to get pink eye.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Pierce should have ended the video as a PSA to get vaccinated and you can party with strippers too.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Lakers filled that last roster spot. So many Klutch Sports players. What’s that make now? Half the team?

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1379508351789334528?s=21

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

:guillotine:
https://twitter.com/TrueHoop/status/1379522185874829313?s=19

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

N:

V: If James wants to embody the Big Ticket mentality, he should stop co-opting a nickname he didn't earn and instead go by Slim Jim to explore partnership opportunities

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Katana_Warrior posted:

N:

V: If James wants to embody the Big Ticket mentality, he should stop co-opting a nickname he didn't earn and instead go by Slim Jim to explore partnership opportunities

He can go by Slim Jim, but he has to talk like the Macho Man in every interview he gives. OOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
im convinced wiseman has comically low self esteem exacerbated by draymonds incessant berating

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you consider that Draymond is responsible for making KD leave, he is the net least valuable player in nba history.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

euphronius posted:

If you consider that Draymond is responsible for making KD leave, he is the net least valuable player in nba history.

didn't he recruit him? if so, it balances out

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

No he's the nets' most valuable player

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The number of people in other places who say that Wiseman is still the right pick without offering any kind of qualifiers or explanations is amusing. Not Bagley at #2 amusing but still amusing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

didn't he recruit him? if so, it balances out

gently caress

Good point .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It takes years for non HOF bigs to get good . He’s played like half a year

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

What's more detrimental to an NBA offense? Draymond standing out at the perimeter with noone within 20 feet of him because he can't shoot or do floaters anymore, or rookie-year Collin Sexton before the all star break?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

KD leaving was a good thing

ok go

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paperback Writer posted:

ok go

For the nets

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
The kind of take you expect from Warriors fans imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone ever think about how absurd OJ Mayo’s name is

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Paperback Writer posted:

ok go

i want to make fun of you, but i would always choose cheering for a lovely team with guys i've loved for years over a contender with a leader who i think is a dickhead every time given the choice

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

It takes years for non HOF bigs to get good . He’s played like half a year

Yep, centers are basically never good in their rookie year. Year three is when they start to show. defense at the five is vital to the proper functioning of a team and there's a lot of geometry and footwork to learn. Wiseman didn't even play a college year, this is his first year of real basketball.

I'm sure he should still have some trade value, and he's not on their timeline in any way

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yep, centers are basically never good in their rookie year. Year three is when they start to show. defense at the five is vital to the proper functioning of a team and there's a lot of geometry and footwork to learn. Wiseman didn't even play a college year, this is his first year of real basketball.

Plus he’s 19!!

Well he turned 20 last week

But he’s a baby

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1379464835562414083

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think james wiseman should choose the unclaimed rhyming nickname of "Dames"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

James Wiseman should start bringing frankincense to games, at least until he earns some gold

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Maestro posted:

I’m going back to work as a bar manager.

https://youtu.be/G29DXfcdhBg

¡!!!!!!!!!!!¡

https://hoopshype.com/gallery/nba-players-loyalty-longest-stays/

This is filler, but it's interesting, the longest tenured player in the NBA for his current team is Steph curry, if you don't count player coach udonis haslem. He's been on the warriors since 2009, that's crazy. Number two is klay, three is patch mills, four is Brad Beal.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 6, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: can you imagine retiring Charles Oakley's number
https://theathletic.com/2487846/2021/04/06/one-night-at-the-garden-charles-oakley-the-knicks-and-a-lasting-feud/

quote:

“And I take that to heart,” he said. “I’d rather for it to be on the outside than the inside, because I wasn’t welcome inside …

“They came to me and said they were going to retire my jersey, do this and do that. And I’m like, ‘Nah, you can’t buy me that easy. If you retire the jersey, that benefit you, that ain’t benefitting me.’

“If you want to put it outside with the flag, and people don’t have to pay to come in and see it … let them drive past and see it. Let it be a tourist spot.”

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

¡!!!!!!!!!!!¡

https://hoopshype.com/gallery/nba-players-loyalty-longest-stays/

This is filler, but it's interesting, the longest tenured player in the NBA for his current team is Steph curry, if you don't count player coach udonis haslem. He's been on the warriors since 2009, that's crazy. Number two is klay, three is patch mills, four is Brad Beal.

it'd be cool to see a list like this put together from the vantage point of 10 years ago or so. I guess it'd mostly just be franchise guys like kobe, dirk, the horny unemployed shorts-pooping man, and udonis haslam at the top

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
i am hugely patient on wiseman. the biggest concern i have isnt footwork or defensive iq, its psychological stability. too many expectations. too much criticism and too many self-defeating thoughts destroy more potential in people before they can actualize.

support wiseman and chill on him. the warriors are gonna be rear end this year and next, barring some wild trades, so there isnt that much at stake right now.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Why not? Knicks fans talk about Oak like he won them 6 rings

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Id be more surprised if Harris and Blitzer were not bribing Manchin

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Katana_Warrior posted:

i want to make fun of you, but i would always choose cheering for a lovely team with guys i've loved for years over a contender with a leader who i think is a dickhead every time given the choice

Hard pass

Dejan Bimble posted:

¡!!!!!!!!!!!¡

What’s a good emoji for being excited about getting back into challenging and creatively fulfilling work but also bummed about the prospect of having to manage people and customers and stress? At least it’s not a full on bar, it’s a “distillery”/tasting room/grubbery adjacent to the brewery, and I’ll have somewhat normal people hours, and got my second dose last week
:11tea:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Id be more surprised if Harris and Blitzer were not bribing Manchin

They should reap what they sow.

https://twitter.com/damanr/status/1379467648304521217?s=19

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Why not? Knicks fans talk about Oak like he won them 6 rings

We should put up a statue for Shane Larkin and Cleanthony Early if that is the metric

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

We should put up a statue for Shane Larkin and Cleanthony Early if that is the metric

Respect Shane Larkin, he was the 2019 All-Europe Player of the Year after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Maestro posted:

Hard pass

What’s a good emoji for being excited about getting back into challenging and creatively fulfilling work but also bummed about the prospect of having to manage people and customers and stress? At least it’s not a full on bar, it’s a “distillery”/tasting room/grubbery adjacent to the brewery, and I’ll have somewhat normal people hours, and got my second dose last week
:11tea:

this sounds cool