Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

drat, everyone sleeping on Men in Black, and only one mention of Blade? For shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Stop making 3 hour long superhero movies ffs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mystery Men is due for a comeback. It's a good send-up of superhero stories that was released at absolutely the wrong time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Beastie posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

Yeah. Starting in '98 with Blade and going through '08 you have Daredevil, Hulk, Elektra, both Fantastic Fours, Spiderman III, Xmen III, Blade III, Ghost Rider, Catwoman, Superman Returns and Constantine. DC actually went on to make terrible movies for several more years. (Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, Watchmen)

Ehh, that's like saying "Before Terminator 2, people thought all action movies were terrible" and then listing every bad action movie that came out between 1980 and 1991. Most movies, regardless of genre, are terrible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

feedmyleg posted:

Interesting is always better than bland, regardless of quality. Obviously you want it to be both interesting and good, but I'll take interesting and bad over bland and good any day.

e: Interesting superhero movies do occasionally happen, but they're the rare exception. But yes, punish the Marvel likers with 4,000 more thematically empty formulaic films that they must watch.

I don’t think you get how punishment works.

Generally giving someone what they want is. Not really that

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Can we shut the gently caress up about superhero movies for one thread and laugh at the grifter who might actually have been stupid enough that he only just realized most of the world sees him as step one in the modern Neo-Nazi pipeline?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

Can we shut the gently caress up about superhero movies for one thread and laugh at the grifter who might actually have been stupid enough that he only just realized most of the world sees him as step one in the modern Neo-Nazi pipeline?

In slight fairness, he probably has some form of brain damage now.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I like when two immortal being with unlimited resources and magical powers just punch each other real hard in the face.

I really like when nerds happily share that they've seen each MCU movie a bunch of times and read all the comics so they can jizz out a self satisfied "ahh" during the 4th end credit scheme of Iron Man 6: Pepper's Revenge. I mean, like whatever you want and that's fine, but you don't need to tell on yourself like that.

Uuuuhhh, tweets. I don't have one right now but you should follow Cody Johnston of some more news. He's good at ripping bad people on the internet.

E: yeah, as said above, Aquaman 4: Revenge of the Fish King has no reason to be 3 loving hours long.

E2: sorry for extending this derail. Pretend I shopped JPs dumb loving face on arewethebaddies.gif

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Apr 6, 2021

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

A bold gambit, but I think it'll work considering goons can't help but respond to reverse psychology.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

mind the walrus posted:

Lmao thanks for this. I scrolled back to look for it because I skimmed over it. Funny stuff.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Kerbtree posted:

Funny you should mention that. The company that bought the smoking ruins of SCO after IBM were done with them are trying to sue IBM and Red Hat. :tviv:

Aren't quite a few of the SCO cases still ongoing after twenty years?

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I liked the Constantine movie a lot, as well as the TV show, but I think I was in the minority.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

And there's a cute end to the story. The street dog that stole the empanadas got adopted by the kid doing the interview and is named "Orejón" ("Big Ears").

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Is that the dog where a group of anarchists had to have a protest march to a vet so he'd go to the vet and get treatment?

No, that's a different one. Negro Matapacos died a few years ago, peacefully in his adopted home.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/ronnui_/status/1379440546914127872?s=21

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/DrWahtwee/status/1379313381312618500

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Captainsalami posted:

I liked the Constantine movie a lot, as well as the TV show, but I think I was in the minority.

The movie at least has a bit of a cult following. I liked the actors in the show, but the writing and everything was just boring.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Constantine is a perfectly good movie with three or four truly great performances and a bunch of solid support. It's just a crap Constantine adaptation.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I like Constantine the movie :)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked the show. Thought it was entertaining at least

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Biplane posted:

I like Constantine the movie :)

Same, never read the comics or seen the TV show but I enjoyed the movie when I was a teenager and I enjoyed it when I saw it again as an adult.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

darkwasthenight posted:

Constantine is a perfectly good movie with three or four truly great performances and a bunch of solid support. It's just a crap Constantine adaptation.

See, this is what I hear but having never read the comics I also just enjoyed the movie, and I will straight up skip a movie I read the book on unless I feel like the movie can approach the book.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I felt Constantine the movie suffered from Keanu at the time being a dude movies happened around (see also Ben Stiller). I think he was going through some poo poo at the time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean Keanu is visibly doing his best and the actual look/tone isn't bad for a US Hellblazer at all, but the ugly truth is that no matter how nice a guy he is Keanu's never had a wide range and he's not able to pull off Constantine.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Oh yeah, great movie on its own, just had some baggage.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Blade was a masterpiece

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/lotusfishicoot/status/1379589609437429764?s=20

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHBohm/status/1379355647419027458

https://twitter.com/isosteph/status/1379583015463002112

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What a baffling thing to remember

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

ultrafilter posted:

Mystery Men is due for a comeback. It's a good send-up of superhero stories that was released at absolutely the wrong time.

Tom Waits is in this movie and it rules hard.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Skwirl posted:

The movie at least has a bit of a cult following. I liked the actors in the show, but the writing and everything was just boring.

The actor rules when he shows up on Legends of Tomorrow

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Theophite/status/1379618544627843075

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I haven't thought of that movie in years and now I'm depressed.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

What a baffling thing to remember

Hey that movie loving ruled

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Somfin posted:

Hey that movie loving ruled

Vacation?

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

ultrafilter posted:

you. I like you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/NinjaEconomics/status/1379509214066933764

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol, Seattle is Nagaseattle, or "namedseattle"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I like the little noodle of Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Beastie posted:

I’ve got some good news, and some bad news for you.