Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol democrats are hosed in the midterms because their entire electoral strategy is appealing to suburban college educated voters. they haven't done poo poo for them but republicans are going to promise them another tax cut which they will actually vote for. shaming people into voting for you doesn't work if you're in the majority.

"but but but some people on cspam said trump was going to win that means there dumb and democrats will win :qq:"

biden sitting at 52% approval isn't gonig to be enough to keep their majority lol

Bush gained seats in 2002 but he was also popular because of uhh I forget what happened but that's like the only time the party in power didn't lose seats

The Gop is also going all-in on redistricting, which is the real reason they don't need to appeal to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

loquacius posted:

Biden would have eaten so much poo poo without COVID lol

A quarter million Americans died on Trump's watch and Biden limped to a win a week later

"I wish Trump would lose!"

*entire monkey's paw curls*

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Often Abbreviated posted:

"Clean cars/China" plan? are they bundling the China war up with an electric car program to make it greener?

no burgess just sucks at posting lol

from the article:

It’s an opportunity, Schumer said in an interview this week, that comes around “maybe twice a century.” And he’s not wasting his hot hand, ensuring that the White House infrastructure plan includes two of his long-sought personal goals to reshape the economy: a clean-cars plan with more than $100 billion for electric vehicles and a sweeping measure designed to crack down on China’s influence. That’s not to mention his continued pressure on the White House, alongside Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), to enact major student loan forgiveness.

that's it. that's shcumer's plan lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's been a while but was cable news trying to sell Obama in 2008-2010 as hard as they obviously are for team Biden right now? Like it's insane we keep having these "he is such a bright and special boy!" articles about Pete when he's the Transportation secretary and not doing anything except proposing regressive taxes. I feel that's a factor but I'm not sure how much of one.

Bush 2002 was definitely riding a wave of insane nationalism from every angle and every newspaper while the Democrats only answer was how much they could help so it makes sense they ate poo poo then.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fame Douglas posted:

The Gop is also going all-in on redistricting, which is the real reason they don't need to appeal to anyone.

who don't have to appeal, the democrats?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

no burgess just sucks at posting lol

from the article:

It’s an opportunity, Schumer said in an interview this week, that comes around “maybe twice a century.” And he’s not wasting his hot hand, ensuring that the White House infrastructure plan includes two of his long-sought personal goals to reshape the economy: a clean-cars plan with more than $100 billion for electric vehicles and a sweeping measure designed to crack down on China’s influence. That’s not to mention his continued pressure on the White House, alongside Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), to enact major student loan forgiveness.

that's it. that's shcumer's plan lol

I googled that phrase because I was also confused and just got articles about China promoting hybrid car use.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Liz Warren is going to ask Biden to forgive students loans something he's already said he won't do. Clearly we're looking at democrat control of the WH and Congress for a generation.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fame Douglas posted:

Voting third party like a pansy in a two-party system, you certainly deserved that. No one respects third-party voters, might even be a sign of an inflated sense of self-importance. Do not engage.

wow I bet if someone carried an inflated sense of self importance about them then everyone would tell them to stfu and go away wherever they posted. would you know anything about that dougie?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
truth is many people underestimated the american electorate's thirst for rapists and concentration camps you can hardly lay that at the feet of CSPAM

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Liz Warren is going to ask Biden to forgive students loans something he's already said he won't do. Clearly we're looking at democrat control of the WH and Congress for a generation.

Now, be fair, he's asked the Secretary of Education to study whether he's allowed to or not and when it turns out aw shucks he can't do this in spite of every legal precedent saying otherwise, welp, they did try!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

wow I bet if someone carried an inflated sense of self importance about them then everyone would tell them to stfu and go away wherever they posted. would you know anything about that dougie?

I don't usually listen to what idiots are saying, no. That's just a sign of being a reasonable adult.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
please stfu and go away

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I remain incredibly glad I have not sullied myself with a vote for Joseph Biden

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

loquacius posted:

i'm sure you've sullied yourself in many other ways

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

The big brain choice was picking your favorite rapist to vote for. Picking your favorite rapist was the only valid choice for the adults in the room.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

comedyblissoption posted:

lol saying the quiet part out loud she's so bad at this
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1379603832888381443

Her doing the "water water" quote from her mocking prisoners, but it's everyone on the planet

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

i'm sure you've sullied yourself in many other ways

Exactly, who needs one more

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/DOGDICK420CUM/status/1379252875759587333?s=19

Friend of the thread lena dunham doesn't want actually attractive people to feel attractive

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Often Abbreviated posted:

"Clean cars/China" plan? are they bundling the China war up with an electric car program to make it greener?

I've always felt like if someone had the stones for it and was willing to fight people on it you could get a ton of the green poo poo done under the guise of national security, same with infra and such

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/shigbit5/status/1379254444190167040

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Voting for people who hate your guts and want you to die is just being pragmatic

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Voting for people who hate your guts and want you to die is just being pragmatic

G1: Grow up and be pragmatic and realistic, please!

G2: What's pragmatic and realistic is full-blown oligarchy and climate megadeath. We need to change what's po--

G1: Unf, I'm so pragmatic and realistic mmm ooooh

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
There's doing what's possible, and there's changing what's possible.

If you sacrifice the latter to the former, what's possible will never become what's necessary.

And never arriving at historical necessity is the entire point of the Democrats.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Accretionist posted:

G1: Grow up and be pragmatic and realistic, please!

G2: What's pragmatic and realistic is full-blown oligarchy and climate megadeath. We need to change what's po--

G1: Unf, I'm so pragmatic and realistic mmm ooooh

It's pragmatic and realistic to accept that the heat death of society is on the horizon and we are all literally powerless to stop it, yes.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

docbeard posted:

Now, be fair, he's asked the Secretary of Education to study whether he's allowed to or not and when it turns out aw shucks he can't do this in spite of every legal precedent saying otherwise, welp, they did try!

It's weird they make these plans without seeming to look into the executablity of the plans. A year ago the biden plan was to forgive all student debt for people making up to $125,000 that graduated from a public college or private historically black institution, this plan was adopted from bernie after he was muscled out of the primaries. I guess it felt more real since it was a bernie plan, but it was something that would have helped people immediately so obviously it was bunk.

Today, a year and 1 election later, we are "looking into" cancelling up to $50,000 in student debt.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Voting third party like a pansy in a two-party system, you certainly deserved that. No one respects third-party voters, might even be a sign of an inflated sense of self-importance. Do not engage.

You voted for Joe loving Biden. You and SpiderHyphenMan can sit down and shut up.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

I don't usually listen to what idiots are saying, no. That's just a sign of being a reasonable adult.

Turn off your audio monitor

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fame Douglas posted:

who'd you vote for

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a key concept to getting something out of electoralism (lmao) isn't voting for someone to make them win, it is not voting for someone to make them lose. Dems have an amazingly faithful voting bloc who time and time again drop their nominal progressive issues and vote for the machine.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Giving trillions of dollars to banks and big businesses is great policy

If people are just handed money, they will end up smoking a cocktail of crack cocaine and parmesan cheese like Hunter Biden

Proper channels

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wanting poor people to die is simply the mark of maturity

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Voting blue no matter who is just reaffirming to our leaders that we are spineless and will do as told no matter what they do to us

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

If you don't vote, you don't exist.

If you vote third-party, you're an active voter in that direction whom they may need at some point.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol imagine actually voting for a rapist and being proud of it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

Voting blue no matter who is just reaffirming to our leaders that we are spineless and will do as told no matter what they do to us

also it confirms what politicians rely on: that liberalism is entirely insincere

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Vote Green!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wait is fame Douglas just posting unsourced succ?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

My favorite VBNMW moment was the idiots that paid to go to a fundraiser dinner Obama was at, sang him a little song about how he was not living up to his campaign promises, and then ended the song with the line that "what choice do they have but to vote for you anyway?"

Literally paying a politician to tell them that every one of your grievances and issues can be ignored since you are locked in no matter what. Totally worm brained.