Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"Natchitoches" Louisiana in (I think) the Bill Cooper episode stuck out to me, because the first time I drove through there I likewise assumed it was pronounced like it was spelled, but it's not because Louisiana.

Nack-uh-dish, for the record.

It's fun because there's a city in Texas with almost the same name, but pronounced differently.

https://www.nactx.us/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GunFondler42069 posted:

It's fun because there's a city in Texas with almost the same name, but pronounced differently.

https://www.nactx.us/

i'll be the rear end in a top hat and say the south has alot of hard to pronounce city/town names and etc and i kinda like that. like i come from Pennsylvania Dutch lands and we have some weird ones but they are mostly "pick name from England/Europe/bible and add New to it OR just copy the name directly.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm from Connecticut and it's almost entirely a mix of England or Bible place names, with the occasional standout.

Probably the most notable of which is East Berlin.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The quack doctor episodes are always the funniest

Gonna start shoving fire hoses into people’s colons and calling it rational

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

The quack doctor episodes are always the funniest

Gonna start shoving fire hoses into people’s colons and calling it rational

Time to blow out tafts rear end in a top hat with a fire hose.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i'll be the rear end in a top hat and say the south has alot of hard to pronounce city/town names and etc and i kinda like that. like i come from Pennsylvania Dutch lands and we have some weird ones but they are mostly "pick name from England/Europe/bible and add New to it OR just copy the name directly.

The Welsh Tract outside of Philly has some good ones, my favorite being Uwchlan (Yuke-lin)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

The Welsh Tract outside of Philly has some good ones, my favorite being Uwchlan (Yuke-lin)

never heard of that one. i know everyone fucks up Schuylkill.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The only time I've been to Haarlem, I had a brief thought of "Hollywood lied to me again. There's an awful lot of pink skinned, Dutch looking people walking around here"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Quack doctors are fun episodes. I fear it may get molest-y, tomorrow, though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The chiropractic episode was the first time I had to take a break from the series for a month or two. That screaming baby audio haunts me to this day.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The chiropractic episode was the first time I had to take a break from the series for a month or two. That screaming baby audio haunts me to this day.

i need to listen to that episode. an extended family member is one and while a nice guy he spews alot of anti vaxx poo poo and other weird hosed up poo poo and i get tired of hearing about how he is a real doctor and poo poo.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I know they said shirts but drat do I want some stickers that say

EAT SPICE

CUM HARD

Maybe with a big 🚫 over Kellogg's face.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i just wanted to say i love the kellog episode. i like anything to deal with weird religious types that are part of the various awakening movements in the US. id love to see you do one on Joseph Franklin Rutherford because he basicaly took over a harmless bible study club and turned it into the Jehovah witnesses and made all the insane and bad poo poo thats part of that faith cornerstones of it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i just wanted to say i love the kellog episode. i like anything to deal with weird religious types that are part of the various awakening movements in the US. id love to see you do one on Joseph Franklin Rutherford because he basicaly took over a harmless bible study club and turned it into the Jehovah witnesses and made all the insane and bad poo poo thats part of that faith cornerstones of it.

Same, love the guest and the subject. Haven't played Part 2 yet but Part 1 was a delight. My only knowledge of Kellogg before this was an episode of Drunk History which does depict his weird sanatarium and a feud with his brother, but not all the, uhm, other stuff.

But god. Thinking of some stuffy well-to-do 1800's socialite paying for the right to have FOUR GALLONS A MINUTE of water pumped up their rear end for their health gives me the goddamn giggles, I'll tell ya what. The sounds they must have made!

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I could swear there was already an episode or segment about Kellogg. I don't know where else I learned this anti masturbatory rhetoric. I still sleep wearing boxing gloves.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

timp posted:

Same, love the guest and the subject. Haven't played Part 2 yet but Part 1 was a delight. My only knowledge of Kellogg before this was an episode of Drunk History which does depict his weird sanatarium and a feud with his brother, but not all the, uhm, other stuff.

But god. Thinking of some stuffy well-to-do 1800's socialite paying for the right to have FOUR GALLONS A MINUTE of water pumped up their rear end for their health gives me the goddamn giggles, I'll tell ya what. The sounds they must have made!

yeah, i knew about him from the dollop episode and that was mostly the "dont jerk off" and shooting water up famous peoples asses.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

xtal posted:

I could swear there was already an episode or segment about Kellogg. I don't know where else I learned this anti masturbatory rhetoric. I still sleep wearing boxing gloves.

There was an early Dollop about it, may have heard that one.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

xtal posted:

I still sleep wearing boxing gloves.

Sounds like a good way to develop a kink for brick layers, or other guys with rough hands.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
The Road to Wellville is a fun movie about Kellogg and weird health crazes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

There was an early Dollop about it, may have heard that one.

The Dollop episode is great because Dave shatters Gareth's childhood 3 times in a row

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If you're taking recommendations for topics I nominate the Dulles brothers.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1380343195989639173?s=20
:(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jesus. sorry for your loss rob.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Aw gently caress. Sorry, man. I'll be thinking about you.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’m so sorry, Robert. Take time for yourself and your family.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Stay safe, Rob.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Thoughts are with you and your family mate.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goondolences sir to you and your family. Losing a parent is very hard, I lost my pop as a boy. Wishing you strength, take all the time you need.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Thinking of you Robert, and sending sincere sympathies.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
drat, Robert. Sorry for your loss - take care of yourself and your family.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sorry for your loss Robert.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
much love, Robert, and if there’s something to do in her honor, let us know.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry for your loss, Robert. My condolences.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I’m sorry for your loss Robert, losing family sucks, I hope you stay well during this time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So sorry to hear it Robett. Best wishes to you and your family.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I just finished reading King of Confidence, and it feels like a good general book recommendation for this thread--some top-quality old-timey Mormon grifter poo poo, if you're into that kind of thing.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The International Jewish Conspiracy that wrote the Protocols should have taken a lesson from Stringer Bell

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who hopes that LeBron James runs for president after he retires from playing ball

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who hopes that LeBron James runs for president after he retires from playing ball

Unfortunately, his association with known sexual abusers like Pepe Le Pew and the Droogs might make that difficult.

EDIT: And we got a shoutout to the OG Space Jam in this last ep! Probably the only time in history in which Space Jam and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion were mentioned in the same conversation.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Michael Jordan story I always heard was his year off Basketball to play baseball was a stealth ban because of his gambling.