Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Antigravitas posted:

Hey, let's look at what the eastern Bavarians are doing

:stare:
Honesty is a Bavarian's main virtue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Hey good news for once. The graph on Impfquitenmonitoring shows ~650k Impfungen on 7.4. That's actually great, seems like Hausärzte are on top of it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

On the "bad news" side of things:

:suicide:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The new p1 mutant from Brazil is spreading, my friend who works in a hospital is saying that we are pretty hosed as it's looking to be quite impfresistent. Guess we're looking at Corona 2.0 - Brazilian Boogaloo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Son of Rodney posted:

The new p1 mutant from Brazil is spreading, my friend who works in a hospital is saying that we are pretty hosed as it's looking to be quite impfresistent. Guess we're looking at Corona 2.0 - Brazilian Boogaloo.

:shepicide:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I mean nothing super sure yet but my friend is usually not one to exaggerate that much. If he's worried I'm not feeling too great about it :(

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

What I've heard is that it's not quite that bad?

https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundhe...p-1-coronavirus

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

What I've heard is that it's not quite that bad?

https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundhe...p-1-coronavirus

The only good news I see here is that the South African mutant is even more Impfresistent, and Impfstoffe still work on them. "As far as we know".

There's a lot of warnings about things we don't know for sure yet in that article, though.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Question to the biology nerds: assuming the virus keeps evolving, isn't it likely that eventually we will have one on our hands with 100% Impfresistenz, thereby resetting our pandemic clock to April 2020 or so?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Libluini posted:

Impfresistent, and Impfstoffe still work on them.

Wat

Is this an inflammable/inflammable situation?

Anyhow I thought with the mRNA stuff the big thing is you can develop new vaccines much faster as it’s basically just a container or something. So maybe we’re looking at half a pandemic which will be... checks memory/predictions... one more year. Lol

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

InappropriateJazz posted:

Question to the biology nerds: assuming the virus keeps evolving, isn't it likely that eventually we will have one on our hands with 100% Impfresistenz, thereby resetting our pandemic clock to April 2020 or so?

Not a biologist, just a nerd. Basically this would assume that there's a mutation that:
- evades immunity
- can still infect cells effectively
- still causes covid

It's not impossible, but there's only so many ways the virus can change and still do the things it does. And even if it happens, it's likely that we can have a vaccine update ready for distribution a few months later.
So I wouldn't worry about it.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

OK that's reassuring. My friend made it sound like it's this horrible wave of killer virus that's going to infect us all soon. Sorry for being sensationalist, it just fits into the entire feel right now that something like this is waiting right the corner.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Wat

Is this an inflammable/inflammable situation?

Anyhow I thought with the mRNA stuff the big thing is you can develop new vaccines much faster as it’s basically just a container or something. So maybe we’re looking at half a pandemic which will be... checks memory/predictions... one more year. Lol

The article says the virus mutants evolved to make antibodies caused by infection and vaccination less effective. But while both mutants have steep drops, it seems it's not enough to make the vaccination actually stop working. I'm guessing there's some biology-stuff involved, the Brazillian mutant is supposed to make the antibodies docking on those mutated receptors only about 1/3rd as effective, while the South African mutant lessens the effectiveness down to 1/9th.

It's possible that 1/9th effectiveness is still enough to effectively destroy the virus, since it's still drawing white blood cells to its position like blood in the water draws sharks, but at this point I'm blindly speculating. :shrug:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
You know how Grippeimpfungen are given every year because they are Impfing against the 3 statistically most active ones of the year before in the hopes to slow those and possible make others less dangerous?

Same is probably going to happen here. Only we need vastly more Impfstoff every year, because very one is at risk of severe co. plications.

Buy Pharma stocks is what I am saying, they can only go up...

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
These mutations will be really bad news for immuno-compromised people that cannot get vaccinated, because it makes eradicating the virus basically impossible. For most other people it's not so much of a problem because even if they can get infected after the vaccination, the disease will likely still be much less severe.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Oh yeah, covid will be killing people for the foreseeable future, but hopefully not more than the flu, ie not more than we can handle.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Impfeinladung for my wife finally arrived (Risk Group 2).
Termin, earliest opportunity, is mid June.

lmao Berlin

Extrapolating from this, if any of y'all think that Impfangebot by summer means that you'll be jabbed before 2022, I have some bad news for you

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Haramstufe Rot posted:

lmao Berlin

Extrapolating from this, if any of y'all think that Impfangebot by summer means that you'll be jabbed before 2022, I have some bad news for you

I am fairly sure that this is the worst time to schedule an appointment. Those huge new deliveries will open up a lot of new possibilities soon. So if your wife gets her date now, there will be a lot if people who are invited after she was, but get their appointment much quicker.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Haramstufe Rot posted:

lmao Berlin

Friend of mine received his code as well and got an appointment beginning of June. I heard that you can reschedule in Berlin. If that's the case I'd check the online system every once in a while, op.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

cant cook creole bream posted:

I am fairly sure that this is the worst time to schedule an appointment. Those huge new deliveries will open up a lot of new possibilities soon. So if your wife gets her date now, there will be a lot if people who are invited after she was, but get their appointment much quicker.

me in the covid bunker, totally calm: Mit der Impflieferung Steiners wird das alles in Ordnung kommen

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Now we're cooking with gas.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

chadbear posted:

me in the covid bunker, totally calm: Mit der Impflieferung Steiners wird das alles in Ordnung kommen

lol

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

chadbear posted:

Friend of mine received his code as well and got an appointment beginning of June. I heard that you can reschedule in Berlin. If that's the case I'd check the online system every once in a while, op.

Yes and no.

You can only know it is booked if it all goes through. Otherwise it happily throws you back to step 1 (pick your termin) if anyone was quicker.
I am 100% sure from this experience that if you reschedule, it'll

1. Cancel your Termin
2. Maybe let you book a new one

So I can only do this if I am 100% sure there's a termin available that will hold up until I am done booking. Otherwise my wife is left with no termin at all.

Probably gonna ask Arztpraxen though. God knows my wife has enough behandelnde Ärzte lol

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 8, 2021

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Yes and no.

You can only know it is booked if it all goes through. Otherwise it happily throws you back to step 1 (pick your termin) if anyone was quicker.

1. Cancel your Termin

So I can only do this if I am 100% sure there's a termin available that will hold up until I am done booking. Otherwise my wife is left with no termin at all.

Probably gonna ask Arztpraxen though. God knows my wife has enough behandelnde Ärzte lol

If Berlin is that bad with Gruppe 2, maybe your wife could ummeld to another Bundesland/Gemeinde where it's easier to get a Termin? Ummelden is free and every Hauptmieter is allowed to ausstell a Vermieterbescheinigung. Maybe some friends or family in other Bundeslands?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

chadbear posted:

:golfclap:

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/formschub/status/1380109538918072320?s=20

Echsenmenschenstatus of the FDP confirmed, all using the same bad human mask!

https://twitter.com/formschub/status/1380175611340193795?s=20

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mein Gott, Markus

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Ok now do that with amthor

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Yes and no.

1. Cancel your Termin

Thanks for the insight. So they really just took the normal appointment booking website and applied it to Covid vaccinations. I'd be wary to reschedule too if I were in your shoes.

Sounds like the Arztpraxen are your best bet. Fingers crossed.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

BabyFur Denny posted:

Whats he been up to anyway? After his scandal I haven't heard anything about him. Is he just hanging out in his dumb forrest now being a nerd rear end jäger?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The last thing I heard was that he was doing vexatious litigation: https://www.abgeordnetenwatch.de/blog/lobbyismus/augustus-intelligence-klagt-gegen-herausgabe-von-lobbyschreiben-an

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

BabyFur Denny posted:

Sure thing. Here‘s Amthor, looking like he‘s a prepubescent boy:

And here he is, looking like a 60 year old Sparkassenfilialleiter:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What a cursed individual

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Sure thing. Here‘s Amthor, looking like he‘s a prepubescent boy:

And here he is, looking like a 60 year old Sparkassenfilialleiter:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

Whats he been up to anyway? After his scandal I haven't heard anything about him. Is he just hanging out in his dumb forrest now being a nerd rear end jäger?

He is the CDU-Spitzenkandidat for MeckPomm, lmao

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/bundestagswahl-2021-amthor-auf-platz-eins-der-cdu-landesliste-gewaehlt-17231249.html

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

God damnit, if there's ever been a backpfeiffengesicht then it's this guys. I have a visceral reaction to seeing him, he is the antithesis of everything I stand for.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Now we're cooking with gas.

Is that just backlog from easter weekend, or are the number of shots really finally starting to take off? I've known for a while that its supposed to ramp up in april but I still can't really believe it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ika posted:

Is that just backlog from easter weekend, or are the number of shots really finally starting to take off? I've known for a while that its supposed to ramp up in april but I still can't really believe it.

I hadn't considered that, but if that were the case, they'd add up the numbers on the days where they (in retrospect) were reported, as they've been doing in the past, i believe.

For reference, here's the last two weeks+. There've been dips on-and-off before (including the A-Z "stay"), but if there were underreported Impfungen, then they were retroactively added to the days on which the arm was actually poked.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 9, 2021

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

No posting for 15 minutes at 8AM. Get all the furious posting out of your system ASAPst, Frühaufsteher-crew! :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

"Should we do literally anything?"
"Nah."

https://twitter.com/tagesschau/status/1380440232567398400