Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's cool and all but also lol at ridiculously cherrypicked stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

For real that’s a lot of qualifiers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the Astros home opener has the crowds packed together (there are empty seats but they're all in huge clusters) and almost nobody is wearing a mask

So I guess I'm not going to any games this season. Or I dunno, I get my second shot in a couple weeks. I'll have to see

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if they told the astros if 85% of the crowd is fully masked up they can do one Legal Can Bang per game

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/mets/status/1380332152110383108?s=21

iT’s A pERSoNaL dEciSiON!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i wonder how ballplayers deal with sore arms after getting the shot in the middle of the season

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

i wonder how ballplayers deal with sore arms after getting the shot in the middle of the season

Cubs offense

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

folks,

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
e: wrong thread

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 9, 2021

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Trout seems to take Covid pretty serious. I wonder if he gave any speeches.

It still is insane to me that MLB didn't acquire vaccines for all players/staff that wanted it all the way back in like February.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I refuse to believe that losing Davis and Semien made the A's this much worse

What the heck happened to them

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Running lots of poles.

Intruder posted:

I refuse to believe that losing Davis and Semien made the A's this much worse

What the heck happened to them

Davis has been lovely for a bit too.

I have no answers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Is this some kind of time traveler from 1976

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is this some kind of time traveler from 1976

I hope he pitches a game on acid.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

MorrisBae posted:

BUFFALO

BLUE

JAYS

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/1380238618019631111

They’re moving the bullpens out of foul territory so there’s no repeats of Rowdy getting hurt again

Hold on a second are the Blue Jays on the road for 2+ months right now?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

kumar rocker started strong but wound up getting rocked tonight

if his slide continues and his velo dip doesn’t rebound i have a hard time seeing a case for him over Leiter

I feel for Rocker, the presumptive #1 pick coming into the season. He was very dominate early on but has been losing velocity. I'm sure he's still a a top pick but it's gotta be a bit of a gut punch to lose the #1 spot to your teammate whose just gone into cheat mode this season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Hold on a second are the Blue Jays on the road for 2+ months right now?

Their home field is their Spring Training site in Florida right now

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

With the extra-inning runner rule, who goes on second base?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

With the extra-inning runner rule, who goes on second base?

Last out from the previous inning.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Next you're gonna tell me he's only 22 years old or something.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Gardner Minshew apparently has a brother who pitches for the Cubs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

seiferguy posted:

Next you're gonna tell me he's only 22 years old or something.

I was going to make some smug post about his age but then looked it up and found out Chafin is basically the same as me, and now I just feel a deep, sinking depression.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Boy I sure do love that my team has had 3 scheduled off days in the first week of the season, 2 of which came in the middle of a homestand

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A face only a lizard could hate.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

GPTribefan posted:

Boy I sure do love that my team has had 3 scheduled off days in the first week of the season, 2 of which came in the middle of a homestand

It's to prevent opening day rainouts and then Thursdays are one of the normal days off for baseball teams when they have them.

The off days after home openers in open air stadiums literally happens every year.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's to prevent opening day rainouts and then Thursdays are one of the normal days off for baseball teams when they have them.

The off days after home openers in open air stadiums literally happens every year.

I get that but come on... one in the homestand is enough. Tuesday and Thursday is a little excessive

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

rod beck outta retirement

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007

Know what he’d do if he played Major League Baseball? 2 games at the same time, man.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mike_V posted:

rod beck outta retirement Hell

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Would like to see the Yankees shitkick the Rays today.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Good Dog posted:

Trout seems to take Covid pretty serious. I wonder if he gave any speeches.

It still is insane to me that MLB didn't acquire vaccines for all players/staff that wanted it all the way back in like February.

Taking vaccines from nursing homes to put into peak condition young athletes probably would not have been a great look

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Taking vaccines from nursing homes to put into peak condition young athletes probably would not have been a great look

Just like paying for their own lab in Utah to distribute and process hundreds of thousands of COVID tests last year?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Just like paying for their own lab in Utah to distribute and process hundreds of thousands of COVID tests last year?

What? Was that actually hurting anyone by doing it or just really expensive?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Intruder posted:

Doctoring balls is one of the lesser things he's done. Most/all pitchers do it

Craig Kimbrel pretty obviously has pine tar or some such on the bill of his cap every time he comes out.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

What? Was that actually hurting anyone by doing it or just really expensive?

I mean, it absolutely took resources from *somewhere*. There wasn't an infinite supply chain of covid testing. Sure they paid for it and it was private, but it consumed resources and lab space that could have been used for other purposes such as educators and/or essential workers.

But, SPORTS!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The more people vaccinated the better

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are you really arguing that baseball players should have been vaccinated in February when shots were limited to high-risk people? Think real hard about how gross that is

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Are you really arguing that baseball players should have been vaccinated in February when shots were limited to high-risk people? Think real hard about how gross that is

Enough high-risk people are refusing to be vaccinated that we're never going to hit herd immunity anyway.

Four+ months in and we've got 18.5% of the US population fully vaccinated. That's horrendous.

gently caress it, vaccinate baseball players, I don't give a poo poo about Qanon grandpa who thinks the vaccine is a Bill Gates mind control serum.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Baseball players are unavoidably traveling around the country and coming into contact with lots of people, they are high-risk carriers especially for variant strains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Astros and gross behavior are a pretty good matchup in case you haven't been following the last couple seasons