Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Ainsley McTree posted:

the chat was SO ANGRY at him, I kind of wanted to see what happened when they turned it back on to look at it during the break. I guess dave decided it was best not to preserve that conversation for posterity lol

Which episode is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

hyphz posted:

Which episode is that?

First half is episode 2.27, Would You Be Upset If I Killed You?. Second half is...well you can guess

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I usually put on the draggo twitch VODs but the one from the second session a week and a half ago has a weird lag issue that makes it unwatchable. What are the equivalent podcast episodes, is it 3 and 4?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

I usually put on the draggo twitch VODs but the one from the second session a week and a half ago has a weird lag issue that makes it unwatchable. What are the equivalent podcast episodes, is it 3 and 4?

3 and 4 yeah. 3 just came out last week, 4 is still pending.

Apparently it’s an issue with the WiFi at the venue, they couldn’t get a stable stream going and it hosed up the vod as well. I think they said they’re going to look into recording them differently to get around the issue. I hope they do, watching the full uncut video is a lot of fun.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
spotted rgd in dave's google chrome 'most visited' during the latest vod 👀

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I'm going to the Saturday show in Melbourne, I'll be the fat white guy with a beard.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Finally caught up on Gribbits, I had forgotten how good a player Carlo is. Managed to bring humor while also moving the plot forward (admittedly said plot was...interesting, but that's on Edan). Despite their individual Chaos Energy it was interesting that Hing and Demi didn't really cause much trouble together. Maybe they go easy when it's not Dave in the DM chair.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

exmarx posted:

spotted rgd in dave's google chrome 'most visited' during the latest vod 👀

A good search for rgd brings up arginylglycylaspartic acid.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

Finally caught up on Gribbits, I had forgotten how good a player Carlo is. Managed to bring humor while also moving the plot forward (admittedly said plot was...interesting, but that's on Edan). Despite their individual Chaos Energy it was interesting that Hing and Demi didn't really cause much trouble together. Maybe they go easy when it's not Dave in the DM chair.

I was thinking the same thing, Carlo is incredibly good, it’s always a treat when he’s on.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Gribbits stream yesterday featured the feared power couple:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/978511715?filter=all&sort=time

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1379644871095459843

I haven't watched it yet, but I imagine it'll be just utter chaos.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that wonderful power couple, Selma Farte and Dipshit

posting this from twitter here because it's extremely good:

https://twitter.com/echidnite/status/1380138858495373314/photo/1

eke out fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 8, 2021

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SubNat posted:

The Gribbits stream yesterday featured the feared power couple:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/978511715?filter=all&sort=time

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1379644871095459843

I haven't watched it yet, but I imagine it'll be just utter chaos.

I’ve been binging through bst.png in reverse order for the past week and it’s really funny but it’s making me feel pretty insane.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ve been binging through bst.png in reverse order for the past week and it’s really funny but it’s making me feel pretty insane.

If it's any consolation, it's not any more sane in proper order. You just have ever slightly more context.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Haven't watched the latest GDA stream yet either, but i just finished last week's, where Dave teases the next one by kind of exhaustedly saying that Tom will be on, playing a goblin called dipshit, and Edan just kind of shakes his head and says "...big stretch"

can't wait to see it

e: lol

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 8, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

update: dipshit is unironically the best character

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

This and Demi's hog coffee really made me laugh this past week.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

same

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I've been listening through the older podcast seasons, and I'm amazed that acast here in norway has so few active ads (for dragon friends' audience, possibly?) that they just keep running the 'YO YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN PODCAST.' one.
Which I take as a diss on the Draggos. 'Look at this, even these fuckers can do it, make your own podcast today!'

And yes, Dipshit was unexpectedly wonderful, and I'm curious how Dave is going to handle the progression between sessions considering how much of the cast won't be there for the next one.

But next week they'll be streaming another set of podcast recordings, by the way.
They learned their lesson and they'll be recording it, then streaming the recording to twitch after the fact, because the internet at the venue is terrible.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah i'm still finishing the last gda vod, but the energy is much less itchy than expected (although there is definitely a markedly different vibe before and after Demi took her ritalin), and dipshit is much less of a chaotic character than you would have expected based on...the entire back catalog of this podcast

I think Ben and Hing have usurped the itchy energy power couple crown

none of this is a complaint in case it came off that way, i am enjoying mature Tom

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

dipshit has very high emotional intelligence given, well, everything about them

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

SubNat posted:

I'm curious how Dave is going to handle the progression between sessions considering how much of the cast won't be there for the next one.

I think he decided at some point that they will level up when specific characters play sessions, but then also realized that means sometimes you'll end up with a totally mismatched party level wise so who knows

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/tomwalkerisgood/status/1380856510826258435?s=21

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNjjaM2AUsv/?igshid=1eymsjjodkw73

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1382222923956514818

So, they're doing a watch-stream for the podcast ep 5+6 live session.
If my watch-checking is right, it should be going live roughly 4.5 hours after this post. / in 4.5 hours.

I'll probably just catch it on VOD after the fact, but for anyone who wants to catch it 'live', there's the option.
(They're explicitly trying to do this at a US-friendly timeslot too.)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

highly recommend everyone tune into tom's twitch for the incredibly cursed and less-ironic-by-the-day bit where he has become a vtuber

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

eke out posted:

highly recommend everyone tune into tom's twitch for the incredibly cursed and less-ironic-by-the-day bit where he has become a vtuber

what the gently caress

e: I can't stop looking at this goddamned mouth, was this half designed by Demi?
e2: does mime make Tom actually the perfect vtuber?

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 18, 2021

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It seems very hard to be Michael Hing’s friend.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

first 15 minutes of ftagh just hing describing the various times he's been extremely mean to tom and how he barely remembers them

Not Operator posted:

what the gently caress

eke out fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 18, 2021

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oh, wig-less Tom is enormously more upsetting to look at.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

update:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

This is what the ancient greeks called 'apotheosis'.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

The most recent two episodes of Free to a Good Home have Tom taking the place of first Ben, and then Michael, and jesus *gently caress* they are fantastic. This most recent episode in particular, hearing how BST.PNG fans have wrecked Hing just about killed me on my drive home from work.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ArchRanger posted:

The most recent two episodes of Free to a Good Home have Tom taking the place of first Ben, and then Michael, and jesus *gently caress* they are fantastic. This most recent episode in particular, hearing how BST.PNG fans have wrecked Hing just about killed me on my drive home from work.

the part about the bst.png fan telling him that he should've previewed some of his jokes so they could know what to expect

was one of the single funniest things i've ever heard. if it's a bit it's an absolutely incredible bit

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ArchRanger posted:

Just listened to them both and can confirm, they are great episodes. I assume that when Hing kept saying that Tom "spent two days trying to suck his own dick" he was baiting Tom into correcting him that it actually would have been four, but he never went for it

Lumbermouth posted:

It seems very hard to be Michael Hing’s friend.

this is also my takeaway from the most recent one. Hing seems like a guy who chooses his close friends very selectively, and then works very hard to alienate them, whether on purpose or not I can't say

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
There was a Q&A at a convention (can't remember which one, but it had Dave and Hing along with Adam from D&D is for Nerds and a few other Australian AP show hosts), where Hing prefaced something he did with "You absolutely shouldn't do this, because it's very toxic. But it's also very funny."

That has to be Hing in a nutshell.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what's doubly funny to me is that Hing, being a JJJ host is technically paid by the government

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
They popped this live show from the Melbourne International Comedy Festival up on youtube

https://youtu.be/DGmL8muP-zw

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

it's funny, and fun to see mark playing a more grounded character; i'm only familiar with him through aunty donna sketches and his twitch stream which is...less grounded

all of the hyper local melbourne and australian comedy scene-centric jokes went careening over my head, but i mean, if a melbourne comedy festival isn't the right time for that kind of material then when is, the audience seemed to love it and that's what matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Yeah, it's the second one. They had some issues sharing it on Patreon due to vimeo issues.
Which makes me wish they'd just post both, since the first one was great fun as well.

There's also some more Gribbits-ing afoot.
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1384743736723210241
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/995314649?filter=all&sort=time