Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should do Swoletron during the next ppv cinematic match.

I'll let the posters decide what Swoletron is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

blast0rama posted:

I’m now picturing Dave using Siri to dictate his texts and it’s my new favorite mental image.

Dave dictates his texts, gets off track, and every text has a 25 minute ramble in it about early 80s Southern California Lucha Libre

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It's like Mecha Shiva but with kilynn and red velvet attaching to swoles arms.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Live shot of Swole talking poo poo throughout a match up on the jumbotron during matches.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

smarxist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywSyg4wv44M

this is worth watching if only for the Dustin wholesomeness on the second half

Dustin seems like he might be one of, if not the biggest factor in AEW's culture success, he's so sweet and humble and just loves being able to give of himself for the young people he's working with, it's so sweet :3:

I think I've mentioned this before but every time I see something positive about Dustin Rhodes I'm so happy for him because I always flash back to that interview he gave at one point (I can't remember with who) where he was talking about being so broke he can't even watch wrestling because they shut his cable off during one of his extreme low points and it's amazing to see him not only in shape and loving his work but also loving working with the next generation of talent that loves learning from him. He's one of AEW's (and to a lesser extent WWE's) biggest success stories.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

smarxist posted:

this is worth watching if only for the Dustin wholesomeness on the second half

Dustin seems like he might be one of, if not the biggest factor in AEW's culture success, he's so sweet and humble and just loves being able to give of himself for the young people he's working with, it's so sweet :3:

Aw man, got chills hearing Dustin speak here.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I believe the thought process went:

1) AEW has been down for the past several weeks with women [because of the Challenge] but not nearly as down overall
2) AEW has had two heavily promoted 'blood and guts' matches in the past month (Omega/Moxley, Britt/Rosa)
3) Ergo, women must be turned off by the blood and guts, not because of anything external

The texting his ex was just confirmation bias, it wasn't the source of the theory. It's still pretty dumb regardless.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

don't sleep on this blessed content

This is making me log in to instagram and I do not have an instagram because it is the devil's work but not the cool devil like the one Ryzin worships or the one Abadon probably hangs out with.

Please paint me a picture with your words about what I'm missing here.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lethrom posted:

This is making me log in to instagram and I do not have an instagram because it is the devil's work but not the cool devil like the one Ryzin worships or the one Abadon probably hangs out with.

no

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lethrom posted:

Abadon being measured by AEW's seamstress in charge and staying in character the whole time.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Rude, I even said please :(

Lamuella posted:

Abadon being measured by AEW's seamstress in charge and staying in character the whole time.

Excellent

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hope everyone is having a lovely friday :) smile

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rarity posted:

All Abadon content is blessed content :hai:

Tragic, really. All her output is super effective on herself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every so often I stop and think about how Penta has merch on his online store describing him carrying the corpse of a vampire lady he was forced to murder into a Church and laying her on the altar before swearing vengeance on God. I think of that, and I smile.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Every so often I stop and think about how Penta has merch on his online store describing him carrying the corpse of a vampire lady he was forced to murder into a Church and laying her on the altar before swearing vengeance on God. I think of that, and I smile.

I thought they canceled the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1380667348609339394

"Last time we were in front of a big crowd they.... weren't... very fond of us."
"Let's be honest they thought we sucked."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1380667348609339394

"Last time we were in front of a big crowd they.... weren't... very fond of us."
"Let's be honest they thought we sucked."

10: in my defense i wasn't here yet

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The Challenge likely ends next week but sometimes they do two episode finales so it would be (I guess) interesting to see how the demo changes then, if you’re into that. Not sure what MTV will replace it with until they wheel it back out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1380668047267143681

Obvs won't happen, but I kinda would love if the house show leads to 1 major shakeup that we only get to see through tweets

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Despite him being kinda slow and botchy, Luchasaurus is still extremely over.

https://twitter.com/williamrbr/status/1380667102110101506?s=21

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Pylons posted:

That's because Luchasaurus owns

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I can't get over this shot of Dustin from that YouTube clip:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

yea ok posted:

Hope everyone is having a lovely friday :) smile

thank you hope all is well with you and everyone who posts in this fine thread

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pylons posted:

I don't like Luchasaurus but he's clearly very over with the kids and that's a good thing for AEW so I'm happy he's part of the show.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I constantly get surprised by how good luchasaurus' kicks are and I'm happy to see him around for that at least

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Have to say these last few Dynamites have felt way too cluttered and my interest in the product is waning. Theres is just too much of it and rather than things being given time to breathe the shows have felt draining. They need the second major show badly at this point because currently i'm unfortunately being reminded of the Russo tactic of "give everyone something to do" which hust leaves everything diluted.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't care if the dinosaur is sloppy as long as he makes people happy and he doesn't hurt anyone

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rantmo posted:

I can't get over this shot of Dustin from that YouTube clip:

This may be my new favorite AEW thing

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/status/1380665998395781120?s=20

EDDIE ON COMMENTARY

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TuesdaytheTenth/status/1380700047067676672

I can't loving believe Tony flew Takeshita out for a house show!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/TuesdaytheTenth/status/1380700047067676672

I can't loving believe Tony flew Takeshita out for a house show!

tweet's already gone lmao

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/1380700286486986752

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edit: That's a better image

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

What’s the story with that guy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mons Hubris posted:

What’s the story with that guy

DDT's ace and one of the best wrestlers in the world

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know takeshita was on aew but it seems like everyone should be focused on the "case and point" guy and taking a big piss on him

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Takeshita is a drat good wrestler and I hope they let him get a TNT Title match while he's over, he could really toss Darby around like mad.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Depending on when he got to America, he should be around for a taping of Dynamite and that would be awesome to see.

I miss CIMA and the Bravehearts.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Depending on when he got to America, he should be around for a taping of Dynamite and that would be awesome to see.

I miss CIMA and the Bravehearts.

DDT is saying he’s gone for all of April and won’t be back on a show until 5/4, so he might appear during the next dynamite tapings if he hasn’t already taped something while he’s here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What's the angle for Takeshita here? Is he feuding with anyone? Did he join Kenny's faction?