Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Trabant posted:

The original had audio but I removed it because it was awful:

https://i.imgur.com/h450lTj.mp4

:australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Data Graham posted:

What the gently caress

I've gone all this time having heard and taken on faith that Sean Astin was a huge Tolkien nerd and that being cast as Sam was like the culmination of his life. What

That's Elijah Wood. He sent in an audition tape recorded in his backyard of him reading lines from the book and dressed in a hobbit costume

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Elijah Wood skipped out on the official premiere afterparty to go to a Lords of the Rhymes house concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhAXG0_WNU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
O don't know if stealing the elf ears was a continuation or the start of her movie prop kleptomania but she's shown off all the other stuff she's taken from the sets of movies she's been on. She kept Galadriels sword, took shooting copies of Sting, Eowyn's sword, Hafnir's sword, a bunch of jewelry and she has two Mjolnirs from Ragnarok.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

flavor.flv posted:

Elijah Wood skipped out on the official premiere afterparty to go to a Lords of the Rhymes house concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhAXG0_WNU

Aaahahaha hello 2001 :911:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

O don't know if stealing the elf ears was a continuation or the start of her movie prop kleptomania but she's shown off all the other stuff she's taken from the sets of movies she's been on. She kept Galadriels sword, took shooting copies of Sting, Eowyn's sword, Hafnir's sword, a bunch of jewelry and she has two Mjolnirs from Ragnarok.

I forgot the best part of that, which was at the end of filming the crew gave her a box of chocolates. She opened it up and they had already eaten all the chocolate, but replaced them all with ear tips painted chocolate brown.

Liv Tyler said that on days off she used to go hang out at the workshop with all the prop and sfx people and just watch them work. She became friends with some of the artists and they cast her a ring in silver and sapphire with her face, as Arwen, on it.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
There’s a difference between suggesting a funny premise for a take to the director and being a controlling piece of poo poo who’s upset that they’re not being lit correctly by the DP.

I’m not saying that’s what Norton would do, but when I hear “creative control” I think of idiots who nitpick things that are way out of their lane.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Please let"
"Yes"
"me know"
"Yes"
"when"
"I can see it"
"you are able"
"yes"
"to see"
"we got it"
"my screen"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rozzbot posted:

I've got $50 riding on ol' Phill making it to 100, this bet is several years old now and the last few months are turning into a real roller coaster

Sorry for your loss.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

drat, two months to the date

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Yup, I've heard every one of these

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Trabant posted:

The original had audio but I removed it because it was awful:

https://i.imgur.com/h450lTj.mp4

hey man NWS that

because it is pure sex

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nick Offerman is a huge Tolkien nerd as well and wanted to audition for the part of Sam.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

amogus

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

canyoneer posted:

Liv Tyler said that on days off she used to go hang out at the workshop with all the prop and sfx people and just watch them work. She became friends with some of the artists and they cast her a ring in silver and sapphire with her face, as Arwen, on it.

My former father in law was the second unit director for the trilogy and said that Liv Tyler was hated among the cast and crew. She was apparently constantly drunk while filming and was always getting into fights with everyone. This resulted in a lot of her lines being cut as well as having to film some scenes she shared with other actors separately or with stand ins. He also gave me a fancy $500 toaster oven he jacked from one of the actors trailers after principal photography has wrapped. This was apparently pretty common. He had other poo poo in his house he'd liberated while working on the original Star Wars trilogy and Blade Runner. Cool dude.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

kiimo posted:

hey man NWS that

More like NSW amirite?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mirror Universe Sgt. Chowdown.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/GayRodney/status/1380613142057730048?s=20

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

It's dark, and Hell is hot.

What I'm saying is, this guy is deffo in Hell.

Not DMX, tho. :angel:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

phil is not going anywhere near a black guy without calling him some sort of obscure racial slur from 200 years ago.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/lodgepolepines/status/1380575569285427201?s=19

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

is revachol forever the fascist questline?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The general rumour about Norton is that he always wants more creative control over everything he does and gets lovely when he doesn't get it.

That's exactly why he stopped being Bruce Banner. Apparently his Hulk movie was a loving nightmare for everyone else to work on, apparently he demanded to rewrite it

El Gallinero Gros has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Apr 10, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OwlFancier posted:

phil is not going anywhere near a black guy without calling him some sort of obscure racial slur from 200 years ago.

Maybe you can't in the afterlife. Like that scene in Liar, Liar when Jim Carrey physically cannot say "this pen is red." Phil will just be like "I shan't associate with this nnnnnnnnn-! Nnnnnnnnnnnn-!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Data Graham posted:

What the gently caress

I've gone all this time having heard and taken on faith that Sean Astin was a huge Tolkien nerd and that being cast as Sam was like the culmination of his life. What

sean astin also comes across as a bit of a snob of the very serious man type

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's exactly why he stopped being Bruce Banner. Apparently his Hulk movie was a loving nightmare for everyone else to work on, apparently he demanded to rewrite it

And there's absolutely no way that'd gel with the MCU structure.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

hawowanlawow posted:

That's very clear from the commentaries, SHUT UP WITH PHILOSOPHY SEAN ASTIN! HAVE FUN!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

rodbeard posted:

Nick Offerman is a huge Tolkien nerd as well and wanted to audition for the part of Sam.

Gimli, not Sam. And he did audition.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

hawowanlawow posted:

Sean Astin is one of those weirdos who became a dad, and now thinks he's everyone's dad.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

Dude's home life was basically the plot of Mamma Mia.

Clitch posted:

Sean Astin is one of those weirdos who became a dad, and now thinks he's everyone's dad.
Also true, happens to some dudes.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

I always forget about that. Being actually raised by Gomez Addams is rad on top of it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

lol that was a good read, thank you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ask him if he knows tony hawk, quick

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Kheldarn posted:

Gimli, not Sam. And he did audition.

Isn't 'frens' a massive nazi dogwhistle?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OzyMandrill posted:

Isn't 'frens' a massive nazi dogwhistle?
According to knowyourmeme it started out as a cutesy "I can haz cheezburger"-esque thing, but then it moved onto Dolan and from there it got adopted by 4chan for their Pepes so ....... maybe????? If its not accompanied by a racist frog its probably still okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nick Offerman = cancelled.