Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
GODZILLA VS KONG MATCH 8 7.41%
TAY VS BUNNY MATCH 52 48.15%
DARBY VS DRAKE MATCH 28 25.93%
MOX AND BUCKS VS BULLET CLUB MATCH 13 12.04%
HANGMAN VS MAX MATCH 7 6.48%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

They should release the whole show as a series of Touts, to shake up the business.

Tout!
Tout!
Tout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I remember a time when I thought Max Caster was bad.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

They had a full production staff and commentary team. If they weren't planning on releasing it I'm not sure why they would bother with commentary. Production I can see the argument of wanting it for historical purposes but the commentary is what pushes it over the edge for me.

Who was on commentary? It could just as easily have been a “here’s an opportunity to get some reps in live but without worrying about a broadcast” if it wasn’t the usual dynamite desk.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

Who was on commentary? It could just as easily have been a “here’s an opportunity to get some reps in live but without worrying about a broadcast” if it wasn’t the usual dynamite desk.

Schiavone and Kingston. So not guys that need the practice.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And my guess for Team Taz is that Christian will say no, and Ricky's reactions to it will be the final straw for old man respecter, Brian Cage. And yeah, hopefully it happens quickly.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

And my guess for Team Taz is that Christian will say no, and Ricky's reactions to it will be the final straw for old man respecter, Brian Cage. And yeah, hopefully it happens quickly.

I think you're right, but Christian just joining and going full heel would be really funny.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
RE: announcers talking about "storylines", I don't watch a ton of 'real' sports but I feel like this has seeped into regular sports broadcasting, whether it's baseball or basketball or football or whatever. It doesn't mean it's scripted, but I've heard variations of like "the story here is that this coach is trying to win his first championship against the team that knocked them out three years ago, but this time [player A] has signed with the underdog team, and is looking to prove himself against [rival on other team], but will the knee injury he suffered earlier in the season make that impossible?"

I may be completely wrong on how commonplace it is, but I've absolutely seen real sports reporting discuss "storylines". Case in point.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Brian doesn't want to fight his brother

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Stroker Ace posted:

I remember a time when I thought Max Caster was bad.

Yeah it's good that AEW gives people time to grow and get their gimmick over. I didn't like them at first but I'm really coming around on them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited for the house show to come out as a Quibi series

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Too soon. RIP Quibi :cry:

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It feels like AEW have stopped caring about the impact end of that stuff tbh and good brothers/ callis are just merging into AEW. GB don’t have the tag titles any more and I don’t think the fact that Kenny was on Impact on Thursday was mentioned once on Dynamite this week.

The title belts are in Japan right now too, I doubt impact is gonna let all of their gold leave the promotion at once :lol:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This thread had an opportunity to talk about Nick Gage instead of the normal stuff and really wasted it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kunabomber posted:

The title belts are in Japan right now too, I doubt impact is gonna let all of their gold leave the promotion at once :lol:

It’s impact. I’m sure all 3 people watching the product will care but nobody else is going to notice.

Gumball Gumption posted:

This thread had an opportunity to talk about Nick Gage instead of the normal stuff and really wasted it.

To hope is to invite disappointment, but if Nick Gage ends up on Dynamite somehow I’ll print this post out and eat it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gage was supposedly getting the Sydal spot before he got hurt.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

don't know who that is

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

don't know who that is

Smdh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what's that mean

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

don't know who that is

We need to start gatekeeping and only let real fans in. Shameful.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the guy from National Treasure??

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Bury me... with my women's tag tournament medal.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yes! Exactly! Thanks for doing some googling. That guys a death match legend and is going to gently caress up Mox.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s impact. I’m sure all 3 people watching the product will care but nobody else is going to notice.

It certainly seems like every episode is testing whether or not Anthem execs are actually watching

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The guy from the Bad Seeds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lamuella posted:

The guy from the Bad Seeds.

the only "bad seeds" are joey janella's rear end cheels

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

But yeah, we're going to see Gage in AEW. Supposedly he was going to be in the Joker spot that Sydal ended up in and Tony very obviously thinks Moxley is one of the best in the world and gives him what he wants. We're going to see Gage in AEW.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

what's that mean

it stands for the "slaughter murder death hurt"

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Gage, Moxley, and Kingston vs Kenny and the Bucks?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Here's the strongest possible opinion I can conjure up about Nick Gage.

He should see an orthodontist.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

Too soon. RIP Quibi :cry:

Pouring one out for a real 1 :smith:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

I happen to know a wrestling promotion that offers excellent on-site dental care

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Yeah dude, Britt's another death match legend now. That would be a great match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Kunabomber posted:

i mean, they'd still have ace austin, deonna purazzo, and kiera hogan/tasha steelz. running shows with those belts for a bit isn't really all that wild, especially since they tape their weekly show in blocks, so it'd be easy for kenny to show up on a number of episodes in a row without needing to take out a ton of time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DocSampson13/status/1380805604252528640?s=20

I like how this implies that the half naked goblin man is a member of the medical staff

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PAC glares at muscles until they heal up for him

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

I like how this implies that the half naked goblin man is a member of the medical staff

I'll have you know that he's a licensed practitioner of traditional British medicine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

PAC glares at muscles until they heal up for him

"Get better so I can fookin hurt ya again."

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Procrastinator posted:

i mean, they'd still have ace austin, deonna purazzo, and kiera hogan/tasha steelz. running shows with those belts for a bit isn't really all that wild, especially since they tape their weekly show in blocks, so it'd be easy for kenny to show up on a number of episodes in a row without needing to take out a ton of time.

I forgot they tape all their shows in advance. Makes sense.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'll have you know that he's a licensed practitioner of traditional British medicine.

A spritz of ether and a dollop of cocaine will fix you right up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

But yeah, we're going to see Gage in AEW. Supposedly he was going to be in the Joker spot that Sydal ended up in and Tony very obviously thinks Moxley is one of the best in the world and gives him what he wants. We're going to see Gage in AEW.

I refuse to believe in this until the literal exact moment it happens.

Also, let's talk about Takeshita some more.