Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Outriders being disappointing as hell to actually play has me back here. Stopped playing in the second half of the last season, and I guess we're in the second half of the following one now; so I haven't really missed anything I can't catch up on in the next month, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Outriders being disappointing as hell to actually play has me back here. Stopped playing in the second half of the last season, and I guess we're in the second half of the following one now; so I haven't really missed anything I can't catch up on in the next month, right?

The majority of stuff can be caught up on and will last through the entire year.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I just want to know how costly/grindy transmog is going to be.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I just want to know how costly/grindy transmog is going to be.

Enough that they're selling the currency for it, but given that they also sell upgrade modules, I have no idea what that actually means. My gut says 'rather'.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tried Harbinger solo. Most of the mission is ok if you have Hard Light, the survive room is doable if you switch to witherhoard & a piercing scout, but that final room I have no loving idea. I couldn't even seem to damage the arc shielded centurion on the left cliffs no matter what I tried.

Incredibly frustrating after taking 2 hours to carefully pick through the level only to get to the final room and get screwed like that.

I felt like this after getting to the final room of presage before though, so I expect there's a way of doing it I'm just not aware of.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Tried Harbinger solo. Most of the mission is ok if you have Hard Light, the survive room is doable if you switch to witherhoard & a piercing scout, but that final room I have no loving idea. I couldn't even seem to damage the arc shielded centurion on the left cliffs no matter what I tried.

Incredibly frustrating after taking 2 hours to carefully pick through the level only to get to the final room and get screwed like that.

I felt like this after getting to the final room of presage before though, so I expect there's a way of doing it I'm just not aware of.

Yeah this weeks Harbinger boss is total bullshit especially solo, I wouldn't bother with it. The other two weeks are totally fine so just wait for those.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh there's different bosses? What makes this weeks' bad and why are other weeks easier?

Got a few feathers anyway, so not a total waste of time. Watched a video by esoterickk and while I refuse to believe he wasn't using some kind of cheat, he seemed to get very good mileage out of falling guillotine.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Great TWAB. I'm looking forward to Linear Fusion, and very likely some Fusion Rifle buffs on top of it. If not use by mods.

Today I decided since it's been a while to test my Coriolis Force Ambitious Assassin / One For All vs my Cartesian Coordinate Feeding Frenzy / Thresh. Everything my brain tells me the Coriolis is just better. It's stats are better, the archetype is superior to rapid fire, it has great traits for add clear and single target damage.

...But when I actually USE the Cartesian Coordinate it just....FEELS great. I don't know what it is about it but feeding frenzy on CC just really is terrific.

quote:

Little heads up, once you get caught up you'll stay caught up. Going forward the light level of each season will only go up by 10. Big light level swings will happen in expansions.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Falling Guillotine nerf, while it does suck, is totally understandable. It is just such a good weapon that there really is no point in using a lot swords.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

The Falling Guillotine nerf, while it does suck, is totally understandable. It is just such a good weapon that there really is no point in using a lot swords.
Temptation's hook is pretty obscene on arc burn weeks if you can get vorpal on it, but they seem to have fixed whatever interraction with witherhoard was making it burn things down in seconds. Obviously Lament is still pretty good but takes up your exotic slot.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I mean, actually addressing weapon balance instead of relying on sunsetting to make them irrelevant on their own is exactly what I wanted Bungie to do for a year now, so yeah these are all good changes.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Mesadoram posted:

The funny thing is even when it's nerfed I still see zero reason to run any sword other than my Tireless/Whirlwind FG. Oh no, I can only do 10 spins from full instead of 15 - okay, I've never needed even close to 10 spins of burst in so little time I can't get more ammo, so this basically doesn't affect me at all.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It is kind of funny though how the DSC boss has the donut / flying mechanic as a very specific "I will kill you if you come near me with that thing."

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Every time I load up Shuro Chi to get a bit more progress on the riskrunner catalyst I get a bird error, I'm guessing they added some kind of server protection that cuts you off after too many kills in rapid succession.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Every time I load up Shuro Chi to get a bit more progress on the riskrunner catalyst I get a bird error, I'm guessing they added some kind of server protection that cuts you off after too many kills in rapid succession.

BIRD is Riskrunner’s very own error code! I had to stop using it in Glassway because of it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've been in there just yesterday and not had any issues. Hell, I've say in there for HOURS just this past few days with no issues. Sounds like a bug to me, I'm log in again later this evening and test but I can't see that being intentional.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PERMACAV 50 posted:

BIRD is Riskrunner’s very own error code! I had to stop using it in Glassway because of it.

Oh lol, loving christ bungie

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Should be the Hawkmoon error code

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Ah, fair enough . I spent a while listening to podcasts and unlocking the Drang catalyst and then decided to finish off Riskrunner and got kicked to orbit when I was surrounded by freshly spawned enemies. Reloaded, waited to get hit by Shuro Chi, and the second I hit the first thrall got booted again.

It's great that they've decided rather than limit the number of chains, they're just going to boot you to orbit if you use it too well.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That reminds me of the Gambit Guitar error. You get that when there’s too many motes on the ground.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Guitar is possible throughout the whole game if too many physics objects have spawned. There was an issue that lasted for months in year 2 where players would pretty consistently get guitar’d in Riven’s stomach, turns out it was because the raid wasn’t despawning physics objects consistently.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh there's different bosses? What makes this weeks' bad and why are other weeks easier?

Got a few feathers anyway, so not a total waste of time. Watched a video by esoterickk and while I refuse to believe he wasn't using some kind of cheat, he seemed to get very good mileage out of falling guillotine.

One boss is a knight/captain. You do damage, it goes invincible and vanishes, adds spawn, you kill all the adds, it comes back.

Another boss is a captain/knight (I can't remember which is which). You kill some fancy goblins or acolytes for orbs, throw them at boss to break shield.

Basically the adds for both those bosses spawn much less, and are generally less threatening. You can also hang out at the entrance and snipe stuff much more successfully.

This week's boss is actually two bosses, and the adds continuously respawn, and there's snipers and seeker bolts that are very dangerous. The bosses also take cover from the entrance so you have to head into the room, which is dangerous thanks to the infinite adds.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Knight boss spawns shielded mobs which can be a pain with Match Game. The Captain boss spawns the acolytes that drop the orbs necessary to break its immunity shield.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

so THAT'S what kept nuking my Reaper progress. what a gently caress

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Scyantific posted:

The Knight boss spawns shielded mobs which can be a pain with Match Game. The Captain boss spawns the acolytes that drop the orbs necessary to break its immunity shield.
Match game is less of a problem with Hard Light, so I might wait for the knight. Just want to get a Hawkmoon that doesn't have the missing slot.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I wish they'd let you do strikes on your own (without resorting to network fuckery) and maybe give you different rewards based on score/speed. I really enjoyed scooting through Presage solo.

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Any tips on the boss fight in this week’s GM NF? Some buddies and I can clear it pretty well up to the boss, but never really got a good strat down for the boss fight and kept wiping. :smith:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

hattersmad posted:

Any tips on the boss fight in this week’s GM NF? Some buddies and I can clear it pretty well up to the boss, but never really got a good strat down for the boss fight and kept wiping. :smith:

You can kind of jump up into the holes on the columns of the wall you slide in on. You're decently safe there although you can't really shoot out very well though you can anarchy. When the boss goes into the third electric mode it can hit you. I'm not super sure how useful that is but it's there.

Big one I think is to try and burn the boss in the final two health bars (ideally skip the electric one entirely). Use stasis + geomag cr or whatever, ideally with the season mod that boosts light ability damage against frozen targets + the other mod for more arc super damage when cast while critical.

Riskrunner is nice for clearing shanks quickly (and is good during most of the strike anyway). The stasis warlock turrets are super useful. I think ward of dawn might be more useful for the boss room than ursa banner but I'm not sure.

back left side is also pretty safe I guess, as long as someone's getting the shanks that come in behind you (you're standing in front of one of their spawny holes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rUpGCACTLE

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 10, 2021

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Oddly we had a ton of wipes in the run-up but not one in the boss room. Personally I carried Reconstruction/Vorpal Succession, Killing Wind/Frenzy Imperial Needle, and Anarchy. All three of us had overload bow rather than SMG since as fun as Riskrunner is in a fallen-heavy area, you really really need a bow's range to stay safe from the overload champs. There aren't that many arc captains anyway, one person with Anarchy is enough to handle them.

We had a Phoenix Protocol warlock (me), an Ursa Furiosa titan, and a revenant hunter which worked pretty well. The titan and the warlock can pretty much charge each other's supers infinitely with orbs and the hunter's ice tornado makes excellent crowd control/champion containment. For the third phase hide behind the flappy dealies on the left side of the room and pick off exploder shanks while someone works down the boss. Don't worry about saving your well for the last phase as you absolutely do not want to stand still, ever. I wish I had something intelligent to say otherwise but I was just running backwards away from the boss chasing me, panic magdumping anarchy bolts into it.

But hey, he died and we didn't :toot:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Oddly we had a ton of wipes in the run-up but not one in the boss room. Personally I carried Reconstruction/Vorpal Succession, Killing Wind/Frenzy Imperial Needle, and Anarchy. All three of us had overload bow rather than SMG since as fun as Riskrunner is in a fallen-heavy area, you really really need a bow's range to stay safe from the overload champs. There aren't that many arc captains anyway, one person with Anarchy is enough to handle them.

We had a Phoenix Protocol warlock (me), an Ursa Furiosa titan, and a revenant hunter which worked pretty well.
Was one of you running a solar bow? With all the shanks having strong solar shields because of Hot Knife, I wouldn't want to rely on just the warlock's abilities to kill them.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Paracelsus posted:

Was one of you running a solar bow? With all the shanks having strong solar shields because of Hot Knife, I wouldn't want to rely on just the warlock's abilities to kill them.

No solar shanks in GM last I checked. I remember people making a big deal of it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

Our titan did have Ticuu’s but it was more to hip fire and burn as many adds at once as possible. The hunter was using Le Monarque.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I do a quick crucible game, first in a while, to get the cabal gold to move on with the challenger quest and it's one red bar, 3 top 1-5% players, and one guy shooting everyone else through walls :thumbsup:

At least that guy made it quick to move on

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I do a quick crucible game, first in a while, to get the cabal gold to move on with the challenger quest and it's one red bar, 3 top 1-5% players, and one guy shooting everyone else through walls :thumbsup:

At least that guy made it quick to move on

yeah its fun going up against floating titans impermeable to damage in Gambit these days but uh as one of my clanmates says its "just a glitch"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Challenger's Proving VII the last one? I'm about caught up, want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Bideo James posted:

yeah its fun going up against floating titans impermeable to damage in Gambit these days but uh as one of my clanmates says its "just a glitch"

lol

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Should I claim my IB bounties before the reset?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Should I claim my IB bounties before the reset?

I would, just so that if you have a repeat this coming week you can pick it up. There's not a good reason not to if you'll have time to finish this next round this week.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can hold on to the final IB bounties for the season and turn them in next season in hopes of getting one of the new weapons Bungie teased.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

There's no saladman Vigil so gently caress them weapons

I hope they do some cool minor buffs to fr along with lfr coming up

Ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Something odd going on with the stasis Titan special. I hear the noise of the ground smashy and I lose the energy for doing it, but no animation. Happening about 1 in 3 times in Crucible.

Vexing.