Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I'm one week out from my first Moderna shot as of today, and just have the hint of a bruise left on my shoulder. But for the last 3 days or so I've been having some pain or inflammation in my hand on that arm. It comes and goes. It hurts a bit to snap my fingers or grip something heavy. Occasionally I feel some joint pain when I curl my fingers, but most of the time it's fine, and I can type and play games on a gamepad without noticing it. Don't know for sure that it's related to the vaccine, but I've never had anything like this before and haven't done anything recently that might have caused a hand injury. Hope it goes away soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Baumann
Jun 2, 2013

En Garde, Fuckboy
Got my first dose of Moderna yesterday. Arm still feels like I got a decent punch where they put the needle in but it’s not painful unless I lift my arm in certain ways. Been pretty tired all day but that seems to be the extent of the side effects I’ve had so far

El Chupacabras
Oct 12, 2002

Redczar posted:

I'm glad they are getting it at least. Assuming your Argentinian, we are both pulling some really awful numbers atm

I’m Bolivian. Numbers aren’t that bad right now, something that really surprises me by the amount of unmasked people I see every day. Even at work most of my coworkers only use their mask 1/3 of the time at most, and they even have little coffee meetings. I’m the only one who wears an N95 and only takes it out to eat lunch.

Once my parents get their 2nd shot and build up their defenses I’m going to relax a little bit, if I catch it so be it, good enough to know I won’t kill them.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My arm was sore for like a day but that's the only side effect I've had from my first Pfizer shot so far.

I'm on an immunosuppressant for my mental problems which is just huge amounts of vodka all the time.

McDutchy
May 1, 2009
Pfizer gang checking in a few days after my first shot - only side effect for me was being kinda tired the day of the shot and the day after, then I was good to go. Can't wait to write a trip report for the second dose, lol

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I can now say Pfizer shot 2 for me was about half as bad as 1. I got the chills and fever but it came and went in a few hours. The arm pain wasn’t bad at all this time either. Totally back to normal about 36 hours later.

I was gearing up for it to be awful.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Shot two in an hour, gonna get it in the tuggin arm.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Derpies posted:

Good. Hope it's bad

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Derpies posted:

Going for that Presidential Medal of Freedom I see

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Heath posted:

Going for that Presidential Medal of Freedom I see

Only if Hunter Biden pins it on me and we both knowingly wink

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I just got my second Moderna.

I thought it was strange that they required everyone to buy a Microsoft surface pro before they could leave.

Even stranger was the fact that I didn’t have a problem with that. Hopefully it connects to the zune I bought after the first shot.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Zune fuckin ruled and I’ll fight anyone irl who says otherwise

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

meat glitter posted:

whoo got scheduled for this weekend to get a j&j - ive been daydreaming about getting wine drunk at peef changs and falling asleep in a movie theatre. also, you know, being able to go anywhere without the crippling anxiety of "maybe THIS is the outing that condemns me to certain death!!".

i have older co-workers who live out in more rural areas who teased me about it but they also tease me about getting a flu shot every year so :horse:

YEEAAAAA just got j&j arm hurts and a little disappointed i didnt get a sticker or something but i will settle for this dorky little proof card

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was told to consider getting my card laminated and to treat it the same way I treat my passport and other essential documents.

Fuckin' Mark of the Beast.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I was told to consider getting my card laminated and to treat it the same way I treat my passport and other essential documents.

i actually got told the opposite lol they told me not to laminate in case booster shots or something are introduced down the line and to just take a picture of it to keep on my phone

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
48 hours on from my first dose of AZ and still nothing worth noting.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

I slipped mine into my Passport book

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
They said I could just use my zune from here on out as a passport

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Yeah don’t laminate it. Put it in one of those snack size plastic bags in case it needs to be written on for boosters etc

Edit: get a fishing license holder

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Scan it and stick it in your password manager.

Also just do that for all your critical cards and official documents.

It's like having your fireproof safe in your pocket, lol.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Few hours after second shot and I feel like I'm being uploaded to the cloud

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
While tugging

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
My cell signal has gotten a lot better in the past 48 hours

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Rolo posted:

While tugging

I manned up and got the shot in my tuggin arm and I think that was a mistake

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Derpies posted:

it's like samson having his hair cut

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Trip report: got my 2nd dose yesterday. About twelve hours later, I got fever, chills, aches, shivers. The shivers tailed off over night, but it's been about 24 hours since I got vaccinated and I still feel fuuuucking terrrrrribble.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Derpies posted:

God loves us

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

covid19: all part of god's wonderful plan, hallelujah

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

My first dose (Moderna) four weeks ago made my arm feel like a god drat gunshot wound for a week but that’s about it.

Got my second dose six hours ago, I can feel the arm soreness creeping up but nothing other than that so far!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Do you think I'll test positive for Covid antibodies if I've just had my second dose of vaccine? I want to know if I've been infected with the virus before.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sucrose posted:

Do you think I'll test positive for Covid antibodies if I've just had my second dose of vaccine? I want to know if I've been infected with the virus before.

If you are vaccinated it can cause a positive result in some antibody tests. Here's an example test from Quest:
https://questdirect.questdiagnostics.com/products/covid-19-antibody-test/b580e541-78a5-48a6-b17b-7bad949dcb57

quote:

This blood test is a spike protein test which may detect antibodies from a prior COVID-19 infection or a vaccination, regardless of whether symptoms were present.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

So I’m now at the end of the first day post-2nd-Sinovac dose. Side effects have been very mild for me. I’ve only noticed fatigue, whereas I’m normally very perky on Saturdays. It was nothing a strong coffee and a stimulating activity couldn’t handle. Zero complaints, would let China put microchips in me again

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Got Pfized up today. Feeling pretty good so I assume the nanobots are assimilating nicely.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Spinz posted:

God loves us

Lol I will continue to tug friend gotta keep the muscle loose

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Derpies posted:

Lol I will continue to tug friend gotta keep the muscle loose

Yeah wheelbarrel 360 degree tugs until you fall asleep is the recommendation. Keeps the arm going.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Yeah wheelbarrel 360 degree tugs until you fall asleep is the recommendation. Keeps the arm going.

Doctor told me to remember ABT

ALWAYS. BE. TUGGIN.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The reason the vaccine cards are so basic is that coming up with more secure fancy ones would have delayed the rollout and they did the thing as fast as possible.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Pretty sure I had a reaction to my first Moderna shot. Fatigue, rash, intestinal issues.

Pretty sure the 2nd shot gave me a mild heart attack on the 2nd day...and the rash that was starting to clear up is back with full force. Also fever, chills, and general fatigue.

This thing is kicking my rear end.

(For the record: I’m glad I got vacc’d, it’s better than legit dying on a ventilator)

Rabble fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 11, 2021

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

i got covid back in december and im only now starting to feel relatively normal(i consider myself extremely lucky since there are a ton of long haulers that are still a disaster since the start of the pandemic), im one of those "long haulers" you've probably read so much about

covid pretty much hosed up every system in my body, I think the only symptom i didn't develop was pneumonia. 4 months of intense headaches, muscle aches, joint pain, pain in the neck and back of the head, severe GI problems for about a month(the pain was almost unbearable), brain fog, sore throat that still comes and goes, tachycardia, shortness of breath especially when going up hill. now i got mild tinnitus that popped in the last few weeks

get loving vaccinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Gresh posted:

i got covid back in december and im only now starting to feel relatively normal(i consider myself extremely lucky since there are a ton of long haulers that are still a disaster since the start of the pandemic), im one of those "long haulers" you've probably read so much about

covid pretty much hosed up every system in my body, I think the only symptom i didn't develop was pneumonia. 4 months of intense headaches, muscle aches, joint pain, pain in the neck and back of the head, severe GI problems for about a month(the pain was almost unbearable), brain fog, sore throat that still comes and goes, tachycardia, shortness of breath especially when going up hill. now i got mild tinnitus that popped in the last few weeks

get loving vaccinated
That sounds so horrible I'm so sorry. :(

We are getting vaccinated! As a group we're getting vaccinated as soon as possible and being very careful and we care about others.
:sympathy: