Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/dam_Cornwall/status/1381385825791926274

https://twitter.com/StevenReyCristo/status/1381497433268518912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Grondoth posted:

lol what the gently caress

Con media spinners are desperately refreshing for updates for SOME way to show this action didn't directly tie into the shooting

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

pro starcraft loser posted:

Can we go one loving week without a psycho shooting something up??

Just the price we pay for ARE FREEDUMS!!!

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Danny “Jenius” Trembo :smug:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i watched the video. why are you even pulling a taser over an air freshener...

it was an "accident". but also:
https://twitter.com/AndrewMannix/status/1381657517147746306

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1381710170326241285

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Philthy posted:

Quit posting pages of this poo poo.

Don't complain about people who post content, nerd!

Also, LOL!!!

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
I thought the TN gov just signed a bill so that literally anyone can carry a gun. Yet there was no good guy with a gun to save the day :thunk:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Oh man, she was holding that longer than I first thought.

How loving stupid are Minnesota cops?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ebola Roulette posted:

I thought the TN gov just signed a bill so that literally anyone can carry a gun. Yet there was no good guy with a gun to save the day :thunk:

the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to have a sentient gun made out of guns that holds multiple guns and fires guns into the bad guy

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why is it so hard to actually admit to a mistake and accept like... consequences

If I hosed up so badly someone died you'd have to stop me from resigning. Why is this so difficult?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Like what kind of insane person do you have to be to think "let's let like loving anyone just walk around with pistols" is a good idea?

a PATRIOT

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grondoth posted:

Why is it so hard to actually admit to a mistake and accept like... consequences

If I hosed up so badly someone died you'd have to stop me from resigning. Why is this so difficult?

Just a little oopsie. No reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

i watched the video. why are you even pulling a taser over an air freshener...

You've never heard the phrase "happy as a pig in poo poo"?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Philthy posted:

hes fine thread needs content, block him instead of whining

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

bird with big dick posted:

Is this guy earnestly suggesting to go to parties and walk up to people and start doing close up magic

Speaking of stand-up comedy: did you guys hear that Donald Trump was president? What's up with that?!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

rolleyes posted:

Speaking of stand-up comedy: did you guys hear that Donald Trump was president? What's up with that?!

What, is this a Jerry Seinfeld bit or ????

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Philthy posted:

Pour vous.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
How many gun events are we up to today? This is is just an evacuation, not a matter of shots fired

https://twitter.com/nbcla/status/1381714841040207873?s=21

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

rolleyes posted:

Booo! Get more plausible material!

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

This, on the other hand:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1381723823226171395?s=21

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

LordSloth posted:

How many gun events are we up to today? This is is just an evacuation, not a matter of shots fired

https://twitter.com/nbcla/status/1381714841040207873?s=21

wait... and I seriously dread to ask, but is this a different school shooting?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Can we go one loving week without a psycho shooting something up??

Sure thing! Oh, hmm... sorry. Just one quick little bit of paperwork. Should just take a second. Just a formality, really. Only applies to about 5% of people worldwide, but we've got to do it for everyone. You know how it goes. I know. It's silly, right? Anyway, what country do you live in?

I'm sorry, can you repeat that? Sorry, one more time? *pause* Um... okay, I'm going to need to get my manager on the line. Can you hold on for a second?

Yeah, hey. It's Timepants. Sorry to bother you, but I've got a customer here asking about the "no mass shootings" option. Yeah, I know. Really popular, right? *covers phone receiver, leans toward you silently mouthing "sorry"* Well hey, look, I know it's against policy, but they're asking if they can get it. They live in the US or whatever, and I'm wondering if that's really a big deal? Like, maybe we could go ahead and make an exce- uh-huh. Okay. Okay. Okay. Really?

Really?

Oh wow. Huh. No, I had no idea. Right. Okay, sure. No, I understand. Uh-huh. Okay, I'll tell them. Uh-huh. No. No, thank you for clearing that up.

*hangs up phone, takes a deep breath*

So let me show you some of the other packages we offer. How do you feel about fountain drinks in half-gallon sizes?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Should she be arrested? I dunno. Should she ever wear a badge again? No loving way.

As far as I understand killing someone, even by accident, is still manslaughter. That body cam footage was crazy too because, I know it was a tense situation all of the sudden but she was holding the gun right in front of her for a good chunk of time before firing. She really hosed up big time if it was actually a mistake.

I'm far from a prude but I find those ages of consent to be too low and kind of gross in their own right. Teenagers should gently caress teenagers if they want to gently caress, adults should gently caress adults. Seems pretty simple to me.

Yeah, you got me. I do default to the belief that the lives of black people matter, intellectual midget that I am

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Philthy posted:

Thank you.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Why would you give a cow a gun?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

The only thing stopping a poacher with a gun is a cow with a gun.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Steadiman posted:

wait... and I seriously dread to ask, but is this a different school shooting?

Yes, because as I said, no shooting. Just a person with a rifle near a school because america.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

Is this guy earnestly suggesting to go to parties and walk up to people and start doing close up magic

This is actually Bird with Big Dick-level advice:
"Watch me make your meat stick disappear!"

You know you would if you don't already.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1381727329681076225

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Do they make children sized body armor?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

How about you [also] start paying your athletes and let them get paid when their likeness is used in video games?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

The shooting in Knoxville was an officer involved shooting who went there on the call 'a guy may have a gun'.

Watch the cop have been the person to injure himself...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/shooting-knoxville-tennessee-high-school-204620007.html

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

wuffles posted:

Karl Urban Dredd is good though.

That's what I said. I think. I'm really stoned.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Play posted:

As far as I understand killing someone, even by accident, is still manslaughter. That body cam footage was crazy too because, I know it was a tense situation all of the sudden but she was holding the gun right in front of her for a good chunk of time before firing. She really hosed up big time if it was actually a mistake.

To me that explains why they're trying to call it an "accidental discharge" instead of "negligent." She had the gun out because that's what these stupid loving pigs default to when they want to get control of a situation/intimidate their victims, then her finger slipped in the commotion and she fired a round off. Hence the panicked "Oh poo poo I shot him."

HOWEVER this goes out the window with her stupid loving "I thought it was my taser" excuse.

IMO, she'd arguably be better off if she tried to play it off as the former finger slippage excuse. Sure, it still means she's a poorly trained and bloodthirsty idiot, but we've come to expect that from cops and it gives her more benefit of the doubt to pig-worshippers.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

infraboy posted:

idk but they make child-sized guns so the kids can shoot back. The American Way.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

infraboy posted:

They do make bulletproof backpacks.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

infraboy posted:

The answer is sorta yes.

Bulletproof backpacks have become a thing in the US and I'm fairly sure there is some under the clothing stuff parents can buy for kids to offer some protection as well.

Here's a several year article about it that directly references Sandy Hook as being the genesis for such things

Covered in princesses — and bulletproof: Inside the booming business of everyday ballistic gear

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/12/covered-disney-princesses-bulletproof-inside-booming-business-everyday-ballistic-gear/

Oh and in case your wondering how effective they are:

“This is pure marketing to exploit fear,” said Matthew J. Mayer, a professor at Rutgers University whose research focuses on school violence prevention. “We have no evidence that these things work. They’re giving kids and their parents a false sense of security.”

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I want a machine gun that shoots nukes so I can defend my right to shitpost

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

LifeSunDeath posted:

they've got to have gaetz dead to rights on these charges, ain't seen repubs not double ever, even roy moore had more supporters.

In that case it was going to result in the GOP losing a seat. In this case they'll just find some other awful piece of poo poo to take that superchud district

Batterypowered7 posted:

How about you [also] start paying your athletes and let them get paid when their likeness is used in video games?

That's the direction it's going, pretty rapidly. There are some lawsuits in progress and the ncaa itself now supports allowing athletes to profit off their names (no profit sharing yet though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I knew about the backpacks it would be interesting to see boys and girls packing some ceramic plate under their clothing because you know it's going to be .556 rounds flyin