Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

How’s the body holding up today?

Getting up this morning was both hilarious and painful. It feels like i've pulled every muscle attached to my pelvis so I was shuffling around like I was 120 years old.

Its loosening up when I keep moving but Im conscious of not overdoing it. The bruising is coming out too on my legs from where I hit the the tree too so that should be lovely soon.

Basically everything hurts but im getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
There used to be a guy in town who rented storage units and would sell secondhand bikes he'd fixed up and give some away for little kids. My wife got her old Univega with full suntour drivetrain from him for a real deal of a price. I've been keeping an eye out lately for a fixed gear frame and looking online is a mess, and a buddy is looking for a steel road bike. I managed to get the guy's phone number and gave him a call. He doesn't have a space in town anymore, but he said we're welcome to drive out 40min to his main shop on one of his days off, where he has some 700 goddamn bicycles stashed away to see if he might have something that suits our needs. I think we're going to be able to go next week. I'm real excited to see if there's anything special in there, but I expect to find my fair share of cheapo bikes and 40lb schwinns.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

If you don't come home with 4 awesome whips you don't actually need but couldn't pass up are you even trying

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's here :siren:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Teaching a child to drive in the bike thread? Shameful behaviour

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Not usually a fan of lugged carbon, but that is really nice.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have some spare 38c tyres and I don’t know how wide my touring road bike’s rims are without taking the beaded Schwalbe Marathon 25c off :(

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That is very stupid and very amazing.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Looks really good.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

bicievino posted:

lmao it was awful today

as punishment for complaining about this, the wind called in some backup yesterday and it was twice as bad as saturday

but very pretty out at least:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-nMGtaAoXw

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'm having a slight panic as there doesn't seem to be any holes on the frame for the derailuers. The person I bought it off used etap but I didn't think colnago did etap only frames. Would really rather avoid drilling holes in the frame but I can't find any manuals online.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm having a slight panic as there doesn't seem to be any holes on the frame for the derailuers. The person I bought it off used etap but I didn't think colnago did etap only frames. Would really rather avoid drilling holes in the frame but I can't find any manuals online.

What year is it? This is 2015/2016 but looks similar to yours.

https://road.cc/content/review/170707-colnago-c60-road-bike-frame

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Oh -

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=145921

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

grats on your upcoming etap upgrade :toot:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Skarsnik posted:

grats on your upcoming etap upgrade :toot:

I think if you try to put that on a Colnago instead of EPS the factory sends the boys round

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

now I wanna build up a microshift (or nashbar-branded 9-speed microshift :q:) carbon colnago to gently caress with people

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

LAC is running EPS v3, he's fine re: the electronic frameset.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3338931018...D4aAhCKEALw_wcB

This ebay auction appears to be EPS on a C60 electronic if you're wondering where things go.

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 13, 2021

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Vando posted:

I think if you try to put that on a Colnago instead of EPS the factory sends the boys round

They'll zip tie the cables to your frame if they have to.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Much like a shop did for my mate's bianchi aquila di2 junction box:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

MrL_JaKiri posted:

LAC is running EPS v3, he's fine re: the electronic frameset.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/3338931018...D4aAhCKEALw_wcB

This ebay auction appears to be EPS on a C60 electronic if you're wondering where things go.

Oh yeah, I’m just pointing out that there is a mechanical and electronic only frame, and it appears he’s got the electronic only version

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

It's definitely missing a hole for the FD. Maybe it came from the factory with SRAM (🤢) and they couldn't be arsed to drill it. I'll double check on weight weenies but looks like the drill is coming out.

I was thinking about getting for Venn rims built up for wheels but I'm increasingly coming to terms I'm going to have to buy WTO 45's and hope my wife doesn't find the receipt

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So will it not even work with Di2? Wireless only?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

kimbo305 posted:

I thought EPS had full wireless now or is that something I've completely made up

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Vando posted:

I thought EPS had full wireless now or is that something I've completely made up
Campag doesn't have wireless at all.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

It's not a superbike if there's no drillium anyway

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'll double check on weight weenies but looks like the drill is coming out.

You truly haven't lived until you're seeing thousands of dollars go up in carbon dust.

e: ah, small correction -- neither have I, as my Carbonda frame was only $700

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 13, 2021

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Much like a shop did for my mate's bianchi aquila di2 junction box:

:laffo:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

He claims that they told him that it was the way that Jumbo Visma did it, which lead to a long series of pictures in the groupchat of people showing it under the saddle

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Nice Archer D1X.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Ah well, it's not like manufacturers specifically reinforce the areas where cables enter/exit th frame :shrug:

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

It's definitely missing a hole for the FD. Maybe it came from the factory with SRAM (🤢) and they couldn't be arsed to drill it. I'll double check on weight weenies but looks like the drill is coming out.

How big of a hole?

Also, you might want to start with a tiny bit and work up.

Or if you're willing, get a diamond drill bit or something so you're less likely to get strands of carbon pulling away tho the exterior looks like 3k weave so it might be ok. And consider a bitty chamfer or sand a little radius after you drill the hole.

Just make sure you start with a tiny hole or notch to guide the largest final drill size you use!

God speed goon.

simmyb posted:

Ah well, it's not like manufacturers specifically reinforce the areas where cables enter/exit th frame :shrug:

Sometimes it's already thick enough in that area to begin or the stress in that area is low or adding material would just create stress risers!

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 14, 2021

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
:munch:

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
That poor frame :rip:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Just AXS it! Don’t drill it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The evergiven, the ship with all the bike parts and PS5s on it just got impounded by Egypt.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

But my dildos!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

learnincurve posted:

The evergiven, the ship with all the bike parts and PS5s on it just got impounded by Egypt.

My sex arses!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Get ready for shortages of everything forever as states tell their citizens everything's just fine while they impound ships and dicker over what goes where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
I seem to have a tendency of of getting some strain in my left Achilles on long rides. I have booked a bike fit to try to alleviate the issue but it is not for a month, is this a common problem that I can adjust for in the meantime?