Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Haven't run into the shotgun problem but the teleport definitely is super buggy. Also shotguns do A LOT of damage. But they only come online once you have the +50% clip passive and some way to get free reloads. They are pretty bad weapons until then. But then they become the BEST weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I haven't seen that but did notice that if you have a damage boost on your gun, like the claymore thing for example, that the Perpetuum whatever ammo mod doesn't proc if the damage mod is what does the damage to kill the enemy. So if I blast an enemy with 1 shotgun shell left and the bullets don't kill them but the secondary claymore hit does, I don't get my magazine refilled. I guess it makes sense but it's annoying when I'm moving around at lightspeed to try and avoid getting shot while earthquaking everyone and I don't get my ammo refilled despite killing dudes.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah, you gotta be careful with perpetuum and those on kill effects. It's not so bad with an LMG/AR because you can ding one enemy to trigger the effect, then kill something else during the cooldown if you know you're going for the refill, but it's rough with shotguns.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

organburner posted:

Nothing. I suspected this was due to lag but I'm getting it in single player as well.

FYI, you can also get lag in single player :v:

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

organburner posted:

Has anyone else noticed an issue where shotguns just... Don't do damage now and then?
I'm using a trickster and I need to experiment more I think but now and then I'll teleport to someone and shoot them with a shotgun after taking a few steps back so I don't shoot past them and... Nothing. I suspected this was due to lag but I'm getting it in single player as well. I haven't encountered this with rapid fire weapons as far as I can tell but maybe now and then a shot from those also doesn't register.
The shotguns already don't do a whole lot of damage and have limited ammo so this just hurts a lot.

It's kind of annoying to play this game now and then. I'm addicted to the melee classes because gotta go fast, but the teleport sometimes just doesn't teleport me despite triggering the cooldown and mod effects on the target, I can't tell which covers I can and can't vault which gets me killed, enemies sometimes not taking damage from shotguns, bad drops and random crashes... It's a lot.
When I tried out the devastator I kept getting stuck in geometry with the leap ability :/

Yep been running into that since release. The slow status seems to make it worse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah, you gotta be careful with perpetuum and those on kill effects. It's not so bad with an LMG/AR because you can ding one enemy to trigger the effect, then kill something else during the cooldown if you know you're going for the refill, but it's rough with shotguns.

Plus you have about 20 more bullets to trigger it compared to the shotgun's shells.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

organburner posted:

I'm using a trickster and I need to experiment more I think but now and then I'll teleport to someone and shoot them with a shotgun after taking a few steps back so I don't shoot past them and... Nothing.

I had this in the demo as well. You need a good 10 feet or so in front of you to actually make the hitboxes align. Anything closer and you wind up having to aim wildly off center. I was shooting at air with shotguns and getting crits. It's like the gun is A) in first person and B) positioned in front of you a few feet. After I got used to it I ran around aiming at nothing and murdering everything but the range for convergence with the crosshair sucks.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Alright, at least I know I'm not going crazy!
Maybe I should use SMG's instead, but this shotgun I have has the roll to reload mod!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I am absolutely pouring my heart into every expedition as a trickster, have optimized the hell out of my build to handle CT12 with some level of comfort but I still die enough for it to be annoying. My techno friend was regularly doing like 10 million more damage if not significantly more than that with sometimes 20% worse accuracy and last night I found out he wasn’t using perpetuum mobile so was out of the magic bullets like half the time.

He’s absolutely going to start doubling my damage by just walking through a level holding the trigger while I have to throw knives and teleport into danger just to keep up.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

organburner posted:

Has anyone else noticed an issue where shotguns just... Don't do damage now and then?
I'm using a trickster and I need to experiment more I think but now and then I'll teleport to someone and shoot them with a shotgun after taking a few steps back so I don't shoot past them and... Nothing. I suspected this was due to lag but I'm getting it in single player as well. I haven't encountered this with rapid fire weapons as far as I can tell but maybe now and then a shot from those also doesn't register.
The shotguns already don't do a whole lot of damage and have limited ammo so this just hurts a lot.

It's kind of annoying to play this game now and then. I'm addicted to the melee classes because gotta go fast, but the teleport sometimes just doesn't teleport me despite triggering the cooldown and mod effects on the target, I can't tell which covers I can and can't vault which gets me killed, enemies sometimes not taking damage from shotguns, bad drops and random crashes... It's a lot.
When I tried out the devastator I kept getting stuck in geometry with the leap ability :/

I get the no damage hits sometimes using an LMG after a teleport as well and I suspected lag. The teleport also bugs out and either doesn’t teleport me or gets ornery about not being able to get behind someone.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I am absolutely pouring my heart into every expedition as a trickster, have optimized the hell out of my build to handle CT12 with some level of comfort but I still die enough for it to be annoying. My techno friend was regularly doing like 10 million more damage if not significantly more than that with sometimes 20% worse accuracy and last night I found out he wasn’t using perpetuum mobile so was out of the magic bullets like half the time.

He’s absolutely going to start doubling my damage by just walking through a level holding the trigger while I have to throw knives and teleport into danger just to keep up.

:sigh: Yeah I might just come back to this game later to see if they've made any changes with this stuff instead of dig into the postgame if everything pales in comparison to technomancer ammo builds.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Y'all know how ilevel affects base stats, and keeping your ilevel matching your maximum wearable level during levelling is the best practice? Well there seems to be something happening at the opposite end of the spectrum, where there's a stat squish when you try to use ilevel 50 gear in World Tier 15 (ilevel 42).

Reddit thread with a full breakdown but the game seems to be reducing anomaly and weapon damage by as much as half of its intended amount.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 13, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Me, an intellectual: started the game as a technically
Technomancer

Also me: Ima use both turrets and the minigun

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Tech doesn't need perpetuum mobile. They have a mod for the ammoskill that does this: "While the skill is active, killing shots grants you 30% extra bullets in your mag."

Also you have the tier 2 mod that gives back bullets for toxickills, which is all of them.

There's a reason Techno i op.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Picer posted:

Tech doesn't need perpetuum mobile. They have a mod for the ammoskill that does this: "While the skill is active, killing shots grants you 30% extra bullets in your mag."

Also you have the tier 2 mod that gives back bullets for toxickills, which is all of them.

There's a reason Techno i op.

I’ll have to bug my friend about it but both using LMGs he was out of magic ammo enough to run out of regular ammo in longer segments using the bullets for toxic kills, where me using perpetuum I was in magic ammo unless we had a long segment with no adds and only bosses to melt or my attention lapsed long enough that I didn’t tag someone with the end of my magazine.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are folks still having connectivity issues?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

gently caress maybe I need to dehumanize myself and face to technomancer instead then. Just didn't like how targeting the skills works on pc, feels clumsy as hell.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Lol I don't even use the ammo skills I just love having the option to use a minigun / rocket launcher on demand with sme e added help of a proxy sticky grenade.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My only problem with Technomancer is. I am a really bad videogame player, so my builds suck has much my skills, so I am not nearly has unkillable has Technomancer has the internet say. But I am much better than my Trickets.

One thing my Trickster have that the technomancer don't, is a incredible unkillable build. I don't have one of that yet for TM.

Also, I don't know if is intended or not, but you can put mods on blue weapons, then put in the stash. Break these guns with other character. Transfering that way mods from one character to other.

Edit:

after posting this, I climbed to iLvL 37 withouth much effort, first try , eeeek.. with blue items

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 13, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I installed this and played through the first few hours, it's pretty fun. It allowed me to start playing at 40% installed and it's been glitch city.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I cannot overstate how good Bone Shrapnel and Fireworks are on shotguns. I prefer shrapnel as it also procs bleed which can be very nice for the "damage bleeding enemy" mods (one heals one does damage iirc)

If you are up to par, the on kill proc is powerful enough to instakill regular mooks (riflemen, perforos, etc)

Folks that mention it fucks with perpetuum: it shouldn't - the gun has to get the kill for both procs to occur. It's the on-hit mods like Dark Comet and Claymore that are an issue.

For tricksters, optimal max murder is a pump shotgun with Perpetuum and Executioners Frenzy (crits increase crit damage) - this deletes bosses like crazy - but suffers a bit against crowds.

If you have enough (30+) CDR it can be viable to have a secondary gun for trash clear: best for this is an autoshotty with Perpetuum and Bone Shrap or Fireworks.

I just use Shrapnel on my primary: Executioners is nice but at most will make a difference of 1-2 shots on a boss that normally takes like 4-5 to kill. Nothing should take more than half a mag in any case. A lot of bosses encourage you to play hit and run so taking 2 shots and retreating between casts of Knife and Teleport is perfect anyhow.

Statwise you are after Crit Damage, Close Range Damage and ~dealer's choice~ on your guns. Armor Pierce is okay at best.

---
Bone Shrap and Fireworks both have Ultimate versions that turn it into an on-crit proc which can make some automatics absolutely ludicrous crowd cleaners. I have a doublegun with Anomaly Ammo and Ultimate Fireworks and it deletes things like Snipers without a hassle. Anomaly Ammo is a mod I feel a lot of folks might dismiss despite being a very significant raw damage boost.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 13, 2021

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Yeah I really don’t think bone shrapnel is working as intended atm. It is doing like 20-30 million damage a run for me and completely wipes out entire groups. I also think level 2 is better than level 3 somehow

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Just another fun thing anomaly power builds can't do since they will never in a million years get a kill with their pea shooters.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Think I'm tapping out on this game for a while after getting my money's worth 45 hours in. The endgame content is, weirdly enough, nowhere near as engaging as the campaign itself and, sitting at CT 11, I just don't have the interest in grinding out appropriate gear to slowly work my way up the last 4 tiers solo, nor do I think repeating world quests to go from WT 13 to 15 sounds all that engaging either.

It's a good game that, I think, could lead to a great sequel and I don't regret giving it so much time or the equivalent of $1 an hour after my GMG purchase. But I think anyone who stands up for the endgame as it currently stands is tossing a willfully blind eye at its severe limitations. 15 expeditions that all follow a similar model of kill, kill, king of the hill, kill just isn't a great way to keep your audience engaged, imho. I could go through the other 3 classes, but why do that when the endgame is such a snore to arrive at?

Still, no regrets at all. Really fun game to solo, maybe better in groups but that's not my bag. I'll keep my eyes peeled on its continued development and see if they get around to making this one worth a return or if I should just wait for the now seemingly inevitable Outriders 2.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

explosivo posted:

I keep trying to explain to my friend who played a Technomancer from the start and nothing else that no other class can melt things like he does and he just doesn't believe it lol. I beat the game last night as Devastator and I think I might just start over now as a Pyromancer or something. Sounds like the Expeditions might just not be worth attempting as Devastator at this point.

I did the campaign one time on Trickster and it's like night and day doing it as Technomancer... I literally critted through the first phase of Chrysaloid so fast I didn't realize why I had stopped doing damage and almost beat the second phase before adds came out lol

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
From the Stronghold zone onward my friend and I both killed every single boss with one reload or less with Trickster. Except the last boss. We were at T12 at that point and had to turn it down to T10 to beat him.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Memnaelar posted:

Think I'm tapping out on this game for a while after getting my money's worth 45 hours in. The endgame content is, weirdly enough, nowhere near as engaging as the campaign itself and, sitting at CT 11, I just don't have the interest in grinding out appropriate gear to slowly work my way up the last 4 tiers solo, nor do I think repeating world quests to go from WT 13 to 15 sounds all that engaging either.

Yeah, same. I enjoyed the game the whole way through but hearing all the stuff about the endgame and everything I think I'm okay leaving this as it is for now. Maybe revisiting down the line if some major changes happen or they put it on PC Gamepass and I could re-play through it with my friends but this is pretty much how I feel about the rest of it too.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My friend and I tried the last boss on WT15 and while we absolutely could have done it, we got sick of wiping and having to go back to the start because of how spongey he was. It was really funny, though, going back to just finish him up on WT1 with my crazy build and killing him in less than 15 shots because of being geared for WT15 content, lol.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I really love that at high tiers they decided that Alpha Perferos were a good choice for a horde mob. So much fun getting stagger locked.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Um, so I was doing poo poo in the jungle world yesterday and met that bluman named august

Then I joined my friends game where he just got past the prologue and learned how to be altered

Now Jakub only has the first city opened up for me, I lost all my quest progress/markers

Still have level 20 gear, though

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

moist turtleneck posted:

Um, so I was doing poo poo in the jungle world yesterday and met that bluman named august

Then I joined my friends game where he just got past the prologue and learned how to be altered

Now Jakub only has the first city opened up for me, I lost all my quest progress/markers

Still have level 20 gear, though

Have you tried changing your story point manually from the main menu before logging on as your character?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah that worked

That's uh, super unintuitive

It didn't take me back to exactly where I was but it got me most of the way

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I got the fire wave set on my pyro and I don't really like the gameplay of the set as of right now. I might like it when I find more set parts because I just got the boots for it where overheat can consume ash and burn to do 150% dmg. The fire wave set bonus caps out at 200% increased anomaly power also, I would go from 125k anomaly power to 371k anomaly power.

I went back to using the eruption set because I really love the volcano. Clearing t14s in gold time is good enough for me on my pyromancer I guess.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Started seeing some weird graphical glitches like NPCs not loading in or only partially loading in. It only seems to happen in one area though and a reload seems to fix it.

I got sick of shooting stuff to death and decided to run an anomaly Trickster. It's pretty cool that melee attacks trigger the Untamed Power mod.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope they fix the character wipe bug soon. I want to play with people. Least thing I want to do with a coop game is to play the endgame solo.

I want no-lifers to carry me to sweet gear.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm really enjoying Pyromancer. I've been primarily doing Overheat / Feed the Flames ash build. Any suggestions for other Pyro builds? I'm currently just going through all the side quests and hunts right now to get to WT15, I haven't really done many Expeditions on this character yet, but would like to start working towards a Expedition build so any suggestions on T2 mods to look for would be appreciated.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SalTheBard posted:

I'm really enjoying Pyromancer. I've been primarily doing Overheat / Feed the Flames ash build. Any suggestions for other Pyro builds? I'm currently just going through all the side quests and hunts right now to get to WT15, I haven't really done many Expeditions on this character yet, but would like to start working towards a Expedition build so any suggestions on T2 mods to look for would be appreciated.

Bottom tree shoot the volcanos from your hand!!!

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
What's the most efficient way to get titanium at end game? Is it dismantling purples from expeditions or selling those purples for cash then buying titanium from the vendor?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nigulus Rex posted:

What's the most efficient way to get titanium at end game? Is it dismantling purples from expeditions or selling those purples for cash then buying titanium from the vendor?

Selling seems to be much more efficient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmatikone
Sep 30, 2009

explosivo posted:

Yeah, same. I enjoyed the game the whole way through but hearing all the stuff about the endgame and everything I think I'm okay leaving this as it is for now. Maybe revisiting down the line if some major changes happen or they put it on PC Gamepass and I could re-play through it with my friends but this is pretty much how I feel about the rest of it too.

I eked out a solo technocheeser EOTS silver run and uninstalled. Between the demo and live I put about 120 hours in, not bad for an early access game.