Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i hope someday this thread is not 90% posts about outer wilds and disco elysium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

sorry for the snipe. they are good games its just funny to me that ill ignore this thread for months and come back and its the exact same topic of discussion

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

THS posted:

sorry for the snipe. they are good games its just funny to me that ill ignore this thread for months and come back and its the exact same topic of discussion

DE Final Cut just came out :shrug:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Same but only because it would mean something else came out that was just as weird and good that we will never stop talking about

Plus what the hell else is there to talk about? Everything is just corridors and long boss fights anymore

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
We'll talk about good games when they release good games. If you want a change of topic, be the change you want to see in the world.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anodyne 2 is a really cool game to play and discuss imo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

THS posted:

*finger curls on the Monkey's paw and for the next six months the thread is singularly devoted to weird hentai games on Steam*

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Anyone else here play The Surge? I bought it for five buckaroos and I'm really liking the combat and the corporate aesthetics, it feels like a casual Soulslike game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

THS posted:

2 days until SaGa Frontier Remastered.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

THS posted:

I'm doing my part with dark souls 2 chat

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

MonsieurChoc posted:

2 days until SaGa Frontier Remastered.

I am so embarrassingly excited for this old dumb game

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

THS posted:

There was that solid stretch of Hades chat

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is that anime store rpg game recacetter good

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

THS posted:

I missed out on hades chat because I played it like six months after it was the new hotness

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

nah, that was Catacombs

Hovertank3d over in the corner staring at you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've been replaying No More Heroes on the switch and it's a lot of fun
I also impulse bought Mr. Driller because it was on sale and I've never played. I love puzzle games though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

DE Final Cut just came out :shrug:

When will the Dote Up A Detective Kim DLC get released?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

WrightOfWay posted:

I remember watching this back in the day. I really enjoyed it!

I'm glad I am leaving a mark on the world. :)

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The contra hard Corp soundtrack ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FIKowgvIfY&t=31

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I have yet to have time to go back to DIsco since getting it day one and it’s like patch five(?) now. what dem new patches do

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0eBTZaMEk

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1382058277098426375

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so uh is anyone playing disco elysium? it's a pretty good piece of interactive fiction

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Du Ckhunt

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The Voice of Labor posted:

so uh is anyone playing disco elysium? it's a pretty good piece of interactive fiction

you play a cop right? sounds like liberal trash

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

I have yet to have time to go back to DIsco since getting it day one and it’s like patch five(?) now. what dem new patches do

mostly bug fixes

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

I didn't like how you play as a racist, sexist fascist so I didn't get very far

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Aidan_702 posted:

one of them added full voice acting and the ability to resurrect Aeris

e: okay real DE talk again, but I keep laughing my rear end off at some of the dialogue options and want to find out what they say really badly. Like when I was talking to the girl outside the bookstore I saw the game kept giving you every opportunity to just dump all your middle aged alcoholic drug addict problems on this young child, which I thought was hilarious, but refused to go that direction for this first playthrough since it's pretty far from what I'd do. Or any of the other number of insane things you can make Harry do.

I've got two more runs in mind after this first one just so I can see what else the game has in store: manic pixie hobocop, and fascist supercop

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Apr 13, 2021

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

christmas boots posted:

you play a cop right? sounds like liberal trash

yeah and the union's depicted as hopelessly corrupt and as bad a capital and also less polite so it is unironically liberal trash, but the gatekeepers of resources and culture are lib trash so really everything that is allowed to get made is lib trash or acceptable to the standards of lib trash

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lugubrious posted:

I didn't like how you play as a racist, sexist fascist so I didn't get very far

ah yes, the reviewer conundrum

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there is no corruption in the ungoverned bloc noir of martinese only justice

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

yeah im absolutely dominating it. got the meta game down perfectly so that i can get about 400 points before noon on the first day

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Does anyone have links to DE reviews where people miss the point or tell on themselves? Seems like they'd be fun to read

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Evrart haters can log off permanently

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Evrart/fishing village spoilers-ish

Evrart could more explicitly voice some plan for the folks in the fishing village because as it is his goal is to gentrify them out of their homes and that's still bad
if he promised them housing in a new complex or something in exchange for their cooperation that'd be something at least but as it is it...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

that's not fair

sometimes we talk about death stranding a lot, and bloodborne. and dark souls. and bayonetta

i talk about other smaller indie games like dyson sphere program and factorio and other stuff, but it's often pretty niche and not a whole lot to say. smarxist talks a lot about his new colony or 4x game. meanwhile there is a whole lot to say about DE

Xaris has issued a correction as of 23:53 on Apr 13, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Does anyone have links to DE reviews where people miss the point or tell on themselves? Seems like they'd be fun to read

a lot of them have been retconned now after falling on their face screaming about cuno and slurs and then quickly trying to tidy things up after everyone else had said it's good. it was also a lot of medial-adjacent kotaku/polygon/resetera libs as well

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

one of them added full voice acting and the ability to resurrect Aeris

e: okay real DE talk again, but I keep laughing my rear end off at some of the dialogue options and want to find out what they say really badly. Like when I was talking to the girl outside the bookstore I saw the game kept giving you every opportunity to just dump all your middle aged alcoholic drug addict problems on this young child, which I thought was hilarious, but refused to go that direction for this first playthrough since it's pretty far from what I'd do. Or any of the other number of insane things you can make Harry do.

I've got two more runs in mind after this first one just so I can see what else the game has in store: manic pixie hobocop, and fascist supercop

The three Thinker/Psychological/Physical archetypes they present you with can fit into the Communsim/Moralism/Fascism ideologies pretty well and between the three of them you have enough variations in skills that you can cover a pretty wide variety of the content and get a lot of different input from your brain.

I'm still trying to figure out a good build for my fourth, shamelessly ultraliberal build.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

the original quick look Giant Bomb did was pretty bad. Abby said every woman was hyper sexualized after speaking to Klaasje and the gardener and maybe the cryptozoologist's wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I wish my union leadership were as proactive as Evrart