Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I can tell what they're going for but I think a lot of people are going to play through this and go "gee, this doesn't look all that good in places"

No, for sure. This won’t have the attention to detail a game built from scratch with a whole art team would have. On the whole it’ll probably be better, but something’s going to be lost along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Pathway was brought up the other day as an Indiana Jones x XCOM game that went through a lot of post-launch improvements, and it looks like in celebration of hitting its 2 year anniversary it's been added to Gamepass. Again, I haven't played the game yet but it was a surprise to see it pop up under Recently Added in the Xbox app.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

13 sentinels:

i’m at 48% remembrance completion and i am growing increasingly less convinced that this is actually a time travel story at all. i think it’s at least as likely that all of these different “time periods” are simulations occurring at the same actual time, the different ages/versions of the kids are clones or androids, and the “time travel” process is actually teleporting the person and/or transferring their consciousness to another body elsewhere

game’s good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the ME remaster looks better in some aspects, but loses a bit in others. I don't think it's like ruined or anything, but yeah.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the ME remaster looks better in some aspects, but loses a bit in others. I don't think it's like ruined or anything, but yeah.

I'm pretty excited because I didn't play any of them, so I can just play the updated ones without any history or preconceptions.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

mutata posted:

I'm pretty excited because I didn't play any of them, so I can just play the updated ones without any history or preconceptions.

I hope you enjoy the best Mass Effect - Mass Effect 1 - which is the best Mass Effect because it is the best one (Mass Effect 1, that one). Not Mass Effect 2, which is the second best Mass Effect (after Mass Effect 1, which is the best Mass Effect (one)).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They called the first mass effect mass effect 1

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

haveblue posted:

To separate it from the gritty reboot "The Mass Effect"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mass Effect (2021)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have no interest in the ME trilogy remaster cuz nothing they can do to those games will ever make them as good as the best mass effect game - Andromeda

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I have no interest in the ME trilogy remaster cuz nothing they can do to those games will ever make them as good as the best mass effect game - Andromeda

:eyepop:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the best mass effect game is dragon age 2

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried to like Mass Effect but just could not get into it. Same with Dragon Age. I bought it for my brother for his birthday, he was like "woah this is cool" and then never finished it. :v:

Something about Bioware's writing just doesn't grab me. Dunno if it was the same writer for all of those, though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/spikedonline/status/1381970754745548802?s=20

gamers really play all kinds of games huh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The heated board gamer moment

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't even think of 400 slurs

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i miss when there were only 151 slurs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

boardgaming (and especially wargaming) is rife with... uh, let's say players with certain perspectives on history

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Board game groups are weirdly varied in how accepting and unaccepting they are.

Like, there are some groups (like here on SA) that are super accepting of anybody and others from other sites who will get upset if you so much as point out that colonialism is a bad thing or that women can wear clothes or that people who aren't cis white men exist

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

drat, they made scrabble harder

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I remember at one tournament in 2015, I had the letters T R Y H A R D with a free S on the board... thank god I got to play it before the ban

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mutata posted:

Just remember, at some point you will face the final boss. His name is Marauder Shields. It's not the first time you see him. In fact, he shows up many many times. But the last time you see him will be very near the end of the game. You will know he is the final boss because all of a sudden he just walks out for no reason. At this point, turn the game off and think about how you would end the game. Go with that. It will make you happier.

Then think about the stupidest way you could possibly end the game. The way the game actually ends is stupider than that.

Also, when Joker invites you out to dinner, don't go. Wait until you are done playing then go back and load a save and do dinner. Pretend that's the true ending to the game. Because it is. It was basically a gift from the devs who wanted to give the fans a last happy memory of the series and a way to end it on a good note.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress Spiked. Don't give them oxygen.

I'm surprised how little desire I have to play the Mass Effect remasters. I must have put at least 300 hours into the original trilogy having started a new save from scratch every time a new one came out (and playing Paragon every time because I'm broken). I think Andromeda must have broken my spirit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No multiplayer = no care.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Just remember, at some point you will face the final boss. His name is Marauder Shields. It's not the first time you see him. In fact, he shows up many many times. But the last time you see him will be very near the end of the game. You will know he is the final boss because all of a sudden he just walks out for no reason. At this point, turn the game off and think about how you would end the game. Go with that. It will make you happier.

Then think about the stupidest way you could possibly end the game. The way the game actually ends is stupider than that.

Also, when Joker invites you out to dinner, don't go. Wait until you are done playing then go back and load a save and do dinner. Pretend that's the true ending to the game. Because it is. It was basically a gift from the devs who wanted to give the fans a last happy memory of the series and a way to end it on a good note.

Don't listen to this person. Kill them all. Destroy the relays. Shepherd, show the reapers what they did to every sentient species before you.

Do it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Marauder Shields was even dumber than the original endings

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Weedle posted:

13 sentinels:

i’m at 48% remembrance completion and i am growing increasingly less convinced that this is actually a time travel story at all. i think it’s at least as likely that all of these different “time periods” are simulations occurring at the same actual time, the different ages/versions of the kids are clones or androids, and the “time travel” process is actually teleporting the person and/or transferring their consciousness to another body elsewhere

game’s good

:allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqB1lOiH6A

N O F U T U R E

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Does this guy know that he can still house rules his precious slurs if he really wants to? The Scrabble rules are not legally binding.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who gives a gently caress about Based Twitters

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:sickos:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Does this guy know that he can still house rules his precious slurs if he really wants to? The Scrabble rules are not legally binding.

Ah but he can no longer smugly tell people "What, I'm not racist! There's no rule stopping me from playing the n-word and it's my highest scoring option! "

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Better comply with all the scrabble rules because non compliance is justification for being murdered

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
AEW Games has a show in a little less than half an hour, hopefully they'll have new footage of the Yuke's game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4Rexi-rF0

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

EFFECT 4 : AN EFFECTIVE MASS

War! Tensions run rampant throughout the Asari Empire as a trade dispute with the Salarians tests Shepard's patience...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

AEW Games has a show in a little less than half an hour, hopefully they'll have new footage of the Yuke's game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4Rexi-rF0

No news on the console game, Kenny Omega has quit has host of their games show and the General Manager phone game is coming out this year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okami: we got sent back in time to the event 100 years ago that started it all and we screwed it all up and now we need to fix history and this is really rad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

also featuring baby Sakuya :3:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

EFFECT 4 : AN EFFECTIVE MASS

War! Tensions run rampant throughout the Asari Empire as a trade dispute with the Salarians tests Shepard's patience...

The dead speak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

Okami: we got sent back in time to the event 100 years ago that started it all and we screwed it all up and now we need to fix history and this is really rad

I think you're half done now?

Seriously this game is crazy long