Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1382548044990742535?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/Coolio_Jonez/status/1382544822611763207

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

immaculate vibes only

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Luka also had a block in crunch time where he swallowed Morant whole.

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/1382545069060759553?s=19

Easily my favorite genre of block, simply taking it away with two hands.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bulls gonna land in the top 4 and keep their pick from the Vuc trade at this rate. Light years ahead

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 15, 2021

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Thanks man but FYI we lost like 9 straight

Not to be one note but Dame won and the blazers didn't even make the playoffs

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's an excellent question to ask me in the city of Temecula

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luka is great . There are a lot of great young players . Zion really pops too

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jayson Tatum is going to be great once he turns 20

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Ammanas posted:

i think nba writers are gonna be too shook by the embiid roy to not give it to lamelo because of how fuckin stupid they'll look in hindsight (again)

Same, I think they give it to Lamelo because of the Embiid/Brogdon year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

If the MVP award is which player is probably most responsible for his team's success it's Steph but I can't pretend to care enough to argue for it beyond that.

hopefully this does not cause the usual three or four people to wreck this thread for the next five pages but I'd have him in my top 5 I think, he's having an absurd season as a scorer and they're the worst team in the league by miles minus him. he won't actually get more than a couple votes though

Katana_Warrior posted:

no way lamelo wins it if brogdon won it over embiid in 2017. might be haliburton, might be antman, who knows.

lamelo will wind up playing a bigger percentage of games than Embiid did and doesn't have the "is this guy even really a rookie?" thing but I do think it will probably be Hali, he's been actually good and the number of games is going to be too hard to ignore. It does seem like more people are willing to consider just voting for LaMelo though even if he only plays 40 games.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Eh. He's second in Win Shares and Fourth in per 48 win shares. It could be crazier..

sure but some of that is the team he's on being really good and he plays a role that generally gets overvalued by the all and one stats to some extent. He's a top 15-20 player in the league but he's also going to be third team all nba again. No one except David Locke actually thinks he's better than Jokic or Embiid.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

No way LaMelo is coming back, even if they have a play in. No reason to risk your rookie star like that.

He’s scheduled to be reevaluated in five days, and there’s still a month left. I don’t think they’ll rush him back but I also don’t think they’d necessarily have to

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/LaurenMRosen/status/1382355104670572555?s=19

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

MourningView posted:

hopefully this does not cause the usual three or four people to wreck this thread for the next five pages but I'd have him in my top 5 I think, he's having an absurd season as a scorer and they're the worst team in the league by miles minus him. he won't actually get more than a couple votes though

This is my big gripe, and it's ol' Vinestalk on his soapbox time: change the award name. Make it Player of the Year. Most Valuable Player, purely as a literal interpretation of the name, is the player that singlehandedly has the biggest positive impact on their team. The one player a team could not win without. Which is a cool thing to award and recognize. But there's no award for best player in a season other than MVP, so we're stuck with sports journalists hemming and hawing about dumb stuff like "best player on the best team," and "narrative," while trying to shoehorn in players that are clearly the literal interpretation of Most Valuable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
“Most Valuable” in its most literal interpretation should be whoever most outperforms their contract

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

“Most Valuable” in its most literal interpretation should be whoever most outperforms their contract

Most Valuable Asset

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

then it’d just go to lebron every year

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Declan MacManus posted:

then it’d just go to lebron every year

Nah, it'd go to Luka this season and last.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Spacebump posted:

Nah, it'd go to Luka this season and last.

Luka...Dort?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Maestro posted:

Luka...Dort?

That's what it sounds like when a guy with nasal congestion says Luke kennard

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Just give it to Jokic so Denver fans can be happy about something after their title chances just got violently dashed across the rocks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Just give it to Jokic so Denver fans can be happy about something after their title chances just got violently dashed across the rocks.

I don't want to count out Playoff Facu just yet

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Katana_Warrior posted:

Most Valuable Asset

No one will ever beat Cash Considerations, but Trade Exception has been playing well this year

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1382707034026573826?s=20

what

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Weird! Also makes all the WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT BUYOUT GUYS GOING TO CONTENDERS teeth-gnashing even funnier

Edit:

https://twitter.com/aldridge_12/status/1382706719684444161?s=20

Not good

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/aldridge_12/status/1382706719684444161?s=19

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
drat that sucks. good for him for looking after his health hope hes alright

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dang. Solid career, hope he is healthy. That's pretty scary.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What the hell ???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He got one look at Embiid and quit

Rip

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh he has a health issue . That’s sucks

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

that really sucks about LMA, he deserved to do some ring chasing

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

e: duplicate

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 15, 2021

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
If the Nets win the chip would he get a ring?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The SituAsian posted:

If the Nets win the chip would he get a ring?

I think so. I think the players vote on it ?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Respects to the future hall of famer unfortunate Tony Parker ruined your chance to have a long run with kawhi

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Sad about LMA. I agree with Zach Lowe here, these were the games I'll always remember from him: https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1382709825231065092?s=20

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

i didn't notice the time stamps at first but lol at shams trying to pretend he's got the scoop a few minutes after the guy already announced his retirement himself. just hit retweet my guy woj must have him down bad

he even left out the heart condition part in his fake scoop!

Jota fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 15, 2021

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

big boi posted:

Sad about LMA. I agree with Zach Lowe here, these were the games I'll always remember from him: https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1382709825231065092?s=20

yeah i loving hated playing against him during those years, just drilling stupid midrange jumpers. always seemed like a good dude though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

LMA had a great career and it sucks that he had to retire only 49 points from 20k.