Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

I think wolves fans definitely thought they were gonna be something around when they made the butler trade and all they got out of it was getting smoked in the first round once and then immediately going back into the dumpster forever. And wasting KAT seems worse than anything the bulls have done

When they trade KAT in a year and a half they should get a haul, though, and Edwards is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If only Chicago had a cam payne

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

When they trade KAT in a year and a half they should get a haul, though, and Edwards is fun

I mean okay but how can you have any faith in that team to not waste it lol. And the Bulls could probably get a decent haul for LaVine now if they really wanted to.

Edwards is fun as a rookie but is the kind of player who is either going to get really good or become really not fun really fast. Wiggins seemed fun at one point too!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Cavs got at least a decade to go before they can claim that mantle again.

yeah well it hurts now!

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Maybe the world is flat...never thought I'd be agreeing with Kyrie on something.

Aldridge: Kyrie Irving says it’s time for all of us to retire the N-word — and he’s right https://theathletic.com/2518117/202..._shared_article

You guys are being way too hard on Aldridge here, dude literally just retired

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I know there's something to be said about disappointment and all that but the Wolves might be literally the shittiest franchise in the history of major American pro sports aside from like some baseball teams that folded in 1898 maybe. At least a Bulls fan can watch MJ clips and just relax in a nostalgic haze, even if a Wolves fan wants to watch peak KG you have to do it remembering your franchise GOAT won his title in Boston and is currently alienated from the franchise in general because of your owner

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who would even want KAT that has anything to trade for him

Among the good teams? Phoenix would def trade Ayton plus for him I think.

Charlotte has a lot of stuff if you go dither down to the non contenders. Boston could send Brown or Tatum. Ooh Atlanta is a good fit. Dallas ??

I guess there is decent market for him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dutchy posted:

I know there's something to be said about disappointment and all that but the Wolves might be literally the shittiest franchise in the history of major American pro sports aside from like some baseball teams that folded in 1898 maybe. At least a Bulls fan can watch MJ clips and just relax in a nostalgic haze, even if a Wolves fan wants to watch peak KG you have to do it remembering your franchise GOAT won his title in Boston and is currently alienated from the franchise in general because of your owner

The Knicks are really pathetic

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

The Knicks are really pathetic

The Knicks have had some of the most awful disaster stretches I can possibly imagine and in the time the Wolves have existed the Knicks have made the Finals as many times as the Wolves have won a playoff series

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Kings gotta be up there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dutchy posted:

The Knicks have had some of the most awful disaster stretches I can possibly imagine and in the time the Wolves have existed the Knicks have made the Finals as many times as the Wolves have won a playoff series

Yes but the Knicks could actually be good !! Its like set up for them to be good !

The wolves were always a bad idea

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

I mean okay but how can you have any faith in that team to not waste it lol. And the Bulls could probably get a decent haul for LaVine now if they really wanted to.

Edwards is fun as a rookie but is the kind of player who is either going to get really good or become really not fun really fast. Wiggins seemed fun at one point too!

Would still rather have the Wolves' situation, where they have one blue chip guy and some very good prospects, vs the Bulls, who are selling out for competence in the hopes of theoretically scoring in free agency but are still bad

This opinion is informed by following the Hornets for several decades

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was thinking of the perfect coach for the Timberwolves and then I remembered that the Hawks scooped Nate McMillian up.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is Lavine not blue chip?

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

as a wolves fan, i would gladly take our past decade + our future (even if we lose the pick this year and KAT leaves) over having to have watched boogie and ben mclemore dump rear end for 5 years

the jimmy year was really fun and we had a super efficient offense despite shooting 5 three's a game!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

They should shut Vooch down for the season and tank for better odds at a lottery pick

that pick is going to Orlando so why bother with that

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Kings gotta be up there

screw you Kings are awesome and all 3 Kings fans here agree

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Algund Eenboom posted:

You guys are being way too hard on Aldridge here, dude literally just retired

:golfclap:

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bullsposting....is BACK

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The Bulls GDT for vucs first game is a work of art and perfectly encapsulates bullsposting to me.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
With how bad things have gone for kat since uhhhh being drafted im fully assuming he trips over a crack in the sidewalk and breaks his back or something since his mom already passed away

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ENHANCE

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Vooch kinda looks like l*wtax IMHO.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

thrilla in vanilla posted:

lol I kinda see it

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

whoa

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

screw you Kings are awesome and all 3 Kings fans here agree

drat right.

I need Fox to have severe tummy troubles or something and get shut down for the rest of the year. All of these other injuries are making me nervous. Let Haliburton and Ramsey and Woodard get some shine.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

the thought that the wolves might not keep their pick this year entered my head an hour ago and I've been going through one ever since

June 22

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I should've added 'so far'

If Orlando gets a 5-10 pick that's a heist. So many options to pick a bouncy 7 foot wingspan bust in that range.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

morestuff posted:

Would still rather have the Wolves' situation, where they have one blue chip guy and some very good prospects, vs the Bulls, who are selling out for competence in the hopes of theoretically scoring in free agency but are still bad

This opinion is informed by following the Hornets for several decades

I'd rather be the Chicago team regardless, the Wolves are deeply cursed

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That was a great game. The big guys went after each other all night. Iirc KAT fouled out

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

morestuff posted:

I get why Bulls fans talked themselves into the deal but Vuc just never actually looked to me like a guy that affected winning that much

It's not the only metric to go hy, certainly, but he is legitimately fifth in the league on VORP. Somehow.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

He has the exact same WS as Ben Simmons!

Today I am happy to report that Benjamin Simmons has 4.68 WS and Brandon Ingram has 4.55 WS.

euphronius posted:

I guess Lonzo is getting better, but they have to pay him too and is he a #1 or #2 star on a finals team?

Not close to it at the moment. Still way too young.

Dutchy posted:

Here is a list of NBA/ABA franchises with a WP% below 40%:

San Diego Sails
Toronto Huskies
Sheboygan Red Skins
Baltimore Bullets
Detroit Falcons
Waterloo Hawks
Indianapolis Jets
Providence Steam Rollers
Pittsburgh Ironmen
Minnesota Timberwolves

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Shades of Apollo Creed in Rocky III (1982).

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wait, how is Zogo scoring our playoff picks with the play-in teams?

The four winners of the play-in tournament will be the playoff teams rather than the 7-8 seeds at the end of the season.

ScumLord69 posted:

God drat the Bulls suck! Are they ever gonna get it together?

It could happen at some point this century.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It's too bad this isn't a full season. Jokic would be on pace for 18 WS at age 25. The last time a center had that many was Shaq in 2000 at age 27. The last time an NBA center had 18+ WS at age 25 (or younger) was KAJ in 1973.

Katana_Warrior posted:

2a. no team will be dumb enough to trade for either klay or draymond, unless they're sending back someone equally old/broken

Miraculously, there's usually a team dumb enough. Expansion looms ahead as well.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

LMA had a great career and it sucks that he had to retire only 49 points from 20k.

Should've gone for 20K and then retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Zogo posted:

Here is a list of NBA/ABA franchises with a WP% below 40%:

San Diego Sails
Toronto Huskies
Sheboygan Red Skins
Baltimore Bullets
Detroit Falcons
Waterloo Hawks
Indianapolis Jets
Providence Steam Rollers
Pittsburgh Ironmen
Minnesota Timberwolves