Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Levitate posted:

How loving petty do you have to be to challenge an offsides when you’re down 4-0 in the third and it’s a kids first NHL goal

Zodijackylite posted:

Lindy Ruff challenging a rookie's first NHL goal for being offside when it would've made it 5-0 with less than ten minutes left sure was petty.

This owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Mind_Taker posted:

This owns.

I mean duh any coach is probably gonna do that with some “we still had a chance!” And “need to do right by my team!” But it felt lame

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Levitate posted:

I mean duh any coach is probably gonna do that with some “we still had a chance!” And “need to do right by my team!” But it felt lame

Yeah, with 10 minutes left, I don't mind it. I'd want my coach to do it if the tables were turned.

If there were 5 minutes left, then yeah it's kind of a dick move.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
What’s being missed here is after last years debacle, Kravtsov looks fantastic.

The goals will come, and Lindy can kick rocks.

Legitimately enjoying watching all of the Rangers kids over the last 15 games, we might even get Zach Jones soon too!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Stamkos going on LTIR so I'm assuming Kucherov's return is imminent.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

who's house do I need to burn down when Fox doesn't win the Norris this year

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

That writer who said its not his turn

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Calling it now. Jackets are going to win the Lottery in a year where there doesn't seem to be any consensus number one pick because nobody's been able to do much of any scouting. :shepicide:

There will be a generational talent next year and they'll not win the Lottery because a) they make the playoffs or b) they don't and just straight up don't win it.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

The Pens did the job they needed to do tonight. Get a point to move forward and give the Flyers 2 to make their draft worse.

This is what I tell myself to accept this loss.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Calling it now. Jackets are going to win the Lottery in a year where there doesn't seem to be any consensus number one pick because nobody's been able to do much of any scouting. :shepicide:

There will be a generational talent next year and they'll not win the Lottery because a) they make the playoffs or b) they don't and just straight up don't win it.

That is the most Ohio-iest post I've seen on SA. Just straight up expecting to lose, and then lose at losing, when the season still has weeks to go.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Levitate posted:

Jim Benning's

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tonight was the first time in franchise history the Flyers beat the Penguins in a shootout

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

shyduck posted:

Tonight was the first time in franchise history the Flyers beat the Penguins in a shootout

How sad is it that I can't tell if you're joking or not?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

taytay

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

grack posted:

Jim Benning's

Sure

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

i love him already

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/pham1717/status/1382887752631476232?s=20

Sabres....good?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Washington Capitals are dogshit garbage.

Well at least last night when they phoned it in for whatever reason. Looks like the entire top of the East took a night off too.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Spelling Mitsake posted:

How sad is it that I can't tell if you're joking or not?
0-5 until last night.

Also today I learned the Pens have gone to 15 shootouts with the Isles :pwn:

Every other team vs the Pens is single digits besides the Rangers at 10

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Buffalo is simply coming back up to Earth a little bit after an historically terrible run. Don't worry, they're still all kinds of poo poo.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Devils are now 4th-worst in the league - Detroit has a better winning percentage. They are close to Anaheim for bottom 3. I'm down!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Fukkin lol

I want to believe that's really Hodgson

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I want to believe that's really Hodgson

It isn't because Hodgson was sidelined and traded by Gillis. Hodgson and Benning never crossed paths in any appreciable way and Hodgson has no connection to Vancouver or the Canucks organization.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nhl_watcher/status/1382875477317189634?s=21

The Sabres are back, baby

Imagine this team with a healthy Eichel. drat. Also McCabe/Borgen/Ullmark/another goalie worth a drat

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

i love him already

Hes so loving cool.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1383125555978076162
here we go!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Whys his face so red

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

The Blackhawks would like their logo back thanks

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/nhl_watcher/status/1382875477317189634?s=21

The Sabres are back, baby

Imagine this team with a healthy Eichel. drat. Also McCabe/Borgen/Ullmark/another goalie worth a drat
And sub Girgensons in for Eakin.

Push eakin, rieder, shehan, milller, irwin out of the line up and add a goalie and we're looking pretty decent for next year if the youth keep developing and they keep playing like this.

edit: They are just intentionally getting our hopes up by playing well now, just to crush our hopes again next season. Aren't they?

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 16, 2021

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Avs are getting shut down for the next 3 games at least, 3rd player in protocol. They just got their shots Monday too.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

They pushed the last Canucks game back to May 19th which means that we could very well see situations where playoff series in other divisions are completed before the playoffs even begin in the North.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
May 19th, Flames at Canucks.. what's... the...loving...point?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1383145429597032451?s=20

:toot:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/1383146906532999168?s=19

Lol god hates the Canucks

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

FANS! Tune in for exciting playoff action as the defending champion Tampa Bay Lighting look to even their series against their arch rivals the Florida Panthers. Then at 7pm Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals are poised to close out their series against the Boston Bruins and book a date with Sidney Crosby and the Penguins in the second round. Then in the late game the Canucks and Flames half rear end a meaningless regular season game for some reason.

TONIGHT ON NBC!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/1383050101741002753

Was gonna post this in the morning, but the forums were down.

Very Cool that at least one struggling North Division team is potentially bringing in their prospects to play NHL games.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ThinkTank posted:

They pushed the last Canucks game back to May 19th which means that we could very well see situations where playoff series in other divisions are completed before the playoffs even begin in the North.

Misanthrope posted:

maybe if playoffs are already set and neither make it they can start those before the flames and canucks finish their regular season

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A game between two eliminated teams with no lottery implication going on after the playoffs already started would be PEAK NHL.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

A game between two eliminated teams with no lottery implication going on after the playoffs already started would be PEAK NHL.

You mean a demonstration of how advertising rules the world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

xzzy posted:

You mean a demonstration of how advertising rules the world!

Hah, fair enough. Another reason why playoff OT is the most pure and beautiful thing in sport.