Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Iron Crowned posted:

These things are pretty good:

They cook like bacon, but aren't as fatty, so if you want to cook your eggs in your bacon fat, you need to add more when you pull them out of the pan. I like to use a pat of butter.

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

gschmidl posted:

Horse is good, donkey is better.

Donkey is legit one of the best meats. I haven't liked horse much when I've tried it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

How's kangaroo?

Just discovered that my regular supermarket carries Kangaroo meat (frozen but still) and I'm seriously considering trying it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

My favorite is the Chorizo one

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

They cook like bacon, but aren't as fatty, so if you want to cook your eggs in your bacon fat, you need to add more when you pull them out of the pan. I like to use a pat of butter margarine.
I can't believe this is neither bacon nor butter. You clown, what have you tricked me into eating.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

FreudianSlippers posted:

How's kangaroo?

Just discovered that my regular supermarket carries Kangaroo meat (frozen but still) and I'm seriously considering trying it.

It's good! Very lean and a bit gamey but definitely worth your time if you like red meat.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FreudianSlippers posted:

How's kangaroo?

It's decent. I wouldn't say it's anything special but it's tasty.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Y'all living in the stone age trying to spread cold butter and using butter bells and poo poo.

You need to step up your butter game, get an APW M-95-2 vertical toaster with integrated automatic butter roller, nothing else suffices in this modern age.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Grand Fromage posted:

It's decent. I wouldn't say it's anything special but it's tasty.

Yeah that's my experience with kangaroo too. Had it in a stir fry with a nice kinda-spicy sauce, was quite good.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

How's kangaroo?

Apparently it's easy to cook badly and made it chewy, so read up on that first if you plan to try it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Y'all living in the stone age trying to spread cold butter and using butter bells and poo poo.

You need to step up your butter game, get an APW M-95-2 vertical toaster with integrated automatic butter roller, nothing else suffices in this modern age.

I will put the $2000 toaster next to my margarita machine

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
seconding donkey bein a top tier meat and horse bein a lower middle tier meat. ostrich is very strange but delicious

the best part of the cow is the lung hth

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFoGGwCOC64

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Use mayonnaise

Have we learned nothing

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Why have you made the same identical post 3 times today are you ok

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Iron Crowned posted:

They cook like bacon, but aren't as fatty, so if you want to cook your eggs in your bacon fat, you need to add more when you pull them out of the pan. I like to use a pat of butter.

The gently caress is this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ninurta posted:

Well she's been awfully busy but you're gonna have to fight two other Ninurtas to get it back

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elviscat posted:

I worked at a place with a butter roller on the conveyor toaster and that thing was a bitch and a motherfucker to clean at the end of a shift, even with a dish pit. Greasy rear end ribbed drum

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Brawnfire posted:

I worked at a place with a butter roller on the conveyor toaster and that thing was a bitch and a motherfucker to clean at the end of a shift, even with a dish pit. Greasy rear end ribbed drum

Don't remind me.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Why use butter when you can use cream cheese?

(it's basically just saltier cream cheese really, doesn't even look all that different from normal cream cheese)

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Pretty sure that is cheater Swedish pancakes. Or at least, the crepe like pancakes we rolled up with butter and sugar and were told it was Swedish pancakes. Is it just me or does spelling Sweden correctly with only 2 e's in there feel wrong. Sweeden.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I need to know the price before I make any decisions.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/345889258503929856/832530968685969479/video0.mp4

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Goddammit, if you are going to do this, at least stuff the salami and cheese inside the pepper until compacted into a solid mass and eat it like an apple.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Could use some crackers. Ritz roasted vegetable.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/armcannon/status/1382857961048006658

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Well she's been awfully busy but you're gonna have to fight two other Ninurtas to get it back

gently caress me, my browser timed out and I don't know what happened to repost.

I still stand by my outrage over my cutting board, it deserves to be soaked in chicken juice, pizza grease and long pork drippings.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The gently caress is this

It's baconized sausage, you find it next to the bacon ant your local supermarket.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I'm so mad this breakfast sausage thing is so hard to find here.
We have sausages, but sausage is another word for greasy garbage, somehow flavourless meat tube, unless it's a hipster butcher sausage and more expensive than recognisable meat cuts.

I learned I love "sausage" from the Macca's breakfast menu, and I am so sad, because I know real breakfast sausage will be a thousand times better than that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Breakfast sausage is just ground pork with some seasoning, don't you know how to plop ground meat onto a frying pan?

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I do, but I want to buy it pre-done BC I am lazy, soz bro

Thx for ur help, some unspecified seasoning and ground pork will definitely end up the same

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I do, but I want to buy it pre-done BC I am lazy, soz bro

Thx for ur help, some unspecified seasoning and ground pork will definitely end up the same

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'd leave out the coriander, nutmeg, and syrup to get a more standard sausage, but that looks perfect. pork shoulder is a good cut for that

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I would consider upping the sage as well, but that's just me. Sage is the defining flavor of great breakfast sausage in my mind.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

steinrokkan posted:

Breakfast sausage is just ground pork with some seasoning, don't you know how to plop ground meat onto a frying pan?

lmao, sausage is just throwing some meat in frying pan. i will give you that this troll is great in that it's offensive to not just americans but every country with sausage

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

FFT posted:

Why use butter when you can use cream cheese?

(it's basically just saltier cream cheese really, doesn't even look all that different from normal cream cheese)

I am 38 years old, I am college educated, I have traveled to multiple countries and have enjoyed a broad range of food both home and abroad, and have prepared many dishes myself, ranging from the boring to the exotic, simple to complex.

Until this moment I have never thought to put cream cheese on toast. I've done it on toasted bagels plenty of times, but it just never occurred to me to put it on regular toast.

I'm glad I'm sitting down. I feel like the trajectory of my life has changed, and I need a moment.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Code Jockey posted:

I am 38 years old, I am college educated, I have traveled to multiple countries and have enjoyed a broad range of food both home and abroad, and have prepared many dishes myself, ranging from the boring to the exotic, simple to complex.

Until this moment I have never thought to put cream cheese on toast. I've done it on toasted bagels plenty of times, but it just never occurred to me to put it on regular toast.

I'm glad I'm sitting down. I feel like the trajectory of my life has changed, and I need a moment.

my ex was flabbergasted, even somewhat offended, that my family puts butter and cream cheese on English muffins, so you're not alone

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Cream cheese on toast with lox or smoked salmon is amazing, if you can get dill cream cheese and capers, even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Aardvark! posted:

lmao, sausage is just throwing some meat in frying pan. i will give you that this troll is great in that it's offensive to not just americans but every country with sausage

I mean his is what is typically considered sausage in the US:

So yes