Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Still not gonna watch the LE raw and uncanceled video but she seems correct here lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Farm Frenzy posted:

hey honest thief. what was the bigotry lindsay posted lol

https://twitter.com/JustinWhang/status/1375854127511695360?s=19

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
anime is ftw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Farm Frenzy posted:

so you don't even know lol. this is the tweet you moron

LOL there is nothing wrong with this tweet.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

mcmagic posted:

Tell me who your friends are so I can call them and yell at them for being friends with you.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I'm blaming this thread for how suddenly i can read dms but can't reply or open tweets anymore

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Tell me who your friends are so I can call them and yell at them for being friends with you.

Literally the first thing that the person I was watching Raya with and I said afterwards was how it was disney's answer to Avatar.... It's obviously based off some of the same mythology and setting. People on twitter will get mad about literally anything.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zedhe Khoja posted:

She's just pale with dark hair. She doesn't look Asian at all

her eyes tho

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

its incredible how thin skinned YA people are

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

the YA community is really fun to watch from behind the safety glass

i'd put some lead down too, that poo poo is radioactive holy gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smdh real problematic of that lady to do that video while wearing a dashiki

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Lindsey wad 100% okay but the power of the hand wringing dweebs has grown exponentially which is also very funny so who is to say what the right answer is

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the reason the video is so long is because she goes through some insane person's twitter thread that catalogued all the supposed injustices that she got away with and while thats insane, so is compiling a huge list of specific grievances from 10 years ago

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

It’s kind of wild because I’ve seen multiple people who’ve been canceled use the Justine Sacco example, which I know of because of a book Jon Ronson put out about public shaming and one of the conclusions of the book from what I remember is “if you don’t engage and go about your life it just goes back to normal.” Sacco just finds another job and the mob forgets. Except in the last case in that book where someone like flips off a dead soldier or something on FB and it like follows them for a ridiculously long time.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
justine sacco did nothing wrong, she made a snarky joke about first world privilege and people got her fired over it

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Yeah I know, but her life went back to normal when she stopped engaging on Twitter.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah I know, but her life went back to normal when she stopped engaging on Twitter.

lindsay says this too, at the end of the video

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shipon posted:

justine sacco did nothing wrong, she made a snarky joke about first world privilege and people got her fired over it

lol i just googled this lady and the job she was fired from was "PR executive of giant media company" and the tweet was an aids joke

lmao

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Farm Frenzy posted:

lindsay says this too, at the end of the video

Yeah, I couldn’t make it all the way through 2 hours. I’ve gone and hosed it up. It’s a good book though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The part in the video where she gets into her relationship with the Matilda chick is so uncomfortable because it's clearly just purely personal history that it makes everyone who tried to use it against her look like a complete ghoul.

And then she gets into the rape joke video and jesus christ. Like, I haven't seen the video, maybe without that context it's pretty bad. But with that context, anyone who tries to say she's a bad person because of it is such a heartless loving monster. And there are still people on Twitter now being like, "lol Lindsay made this whole rear end video instead of just apologizing, smh"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
New Death / Corner episode on Fourth Reich part 3 is out. hell yeah it's good

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I can’t even conjure the mindset of someone who spends their free time on Twitter dog piling on people.

Actual hobbies exist, make little boats or something.

maybe read another book.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I’m just glad my initial foray into twitter was in the early 2010s where people told fyad style jokes and then occasionally you would have a 20 tweet thread about how a twitter joke lady met up with hitler_boner_420 and they had sex in his car and he was weird about it and didnt text her back afterwards and is NOT your ally. It really puts the modern culture into perspective re: politics and personal grievances

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

I can’t even conjure the mindset of someone who spends their free time on Twitter dog piling on people.

Actual hobbies exist, make little boats or something.

maybe read another book.

i regret to inform you that you are posting on cspam

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

i regret to inform you that you are posting on cspam

I read all the good books already.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Smythe posted:

somehow tumblr brain infested the whole internet and everyone became a massive pussy who cant take a single flame without saying theyre being voilenced or something lol. then again maybe i just have early onset boomer brain from being a misanthropic goon troll as a lad, also my vast troves of money and privilege

Its more like half the internet got infected with weepy tumblr bullshit and the other half got infected with 4chan nazi bullshit.

Of course a few places have managed to create a dialectical synthesis between the two, Cspam being one of them.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Its more like half the internet got infected with weepy tumblr bullshit and the other half got infected with 4chan nazi bullshit.

Of course a few places have managed to create a dialectical synthesis between the two, Cspam being one of them.

we're the tip of the horseshoe

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

somehow tumblr brain infested the whole internet and everyone became a massive pussy who cant take a single flame without saying theyre being voilenced or something lol. then again maybe i just have early onset boomer brain from being a misanthropic goon troll as a lad, also my vast troves of money and privilege

That seems like a good reason for you to give me ten dollars

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Quickly before I get probed again someone tell me the single best cumtown ep

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

some plague rats posted:

crossword

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hell yes actually

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Malleum posted:

the reason the video is so long is because she goes through some insane person's twitter thread that catalogued all the supposed injustices that she got away with and while thats insane, so is compiling a huge list of specific grievances from 10 years ago

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Some folks think that clout and popularity work by Highlander rules, and that if you can take down a popular internet figure, you will gain all their followers

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Pussy for lobster

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

some plague rats posted:

the most recent one is p good

they call mac wheldon racist for their ad copy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Pussy for lobster

voted 5

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Cumeatsinger Gordon

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

cartoons are for grown ups since children don't watch cartoons and instead are on fortnite and tiktok

weird, mid-twenties guys streaming to literal children in Minecraft

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this was a good read

also lol

pretty sure this is true due to the fact that his levels had rap in sonic adventure

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

some plague rats posted:

bullytown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

some plague rats posted:

the one where they start blasting electric wizard louder and louder while talking over it