Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/tankathon/status/1383246716464341002

it's lit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

WhyteRyce posted:

Especially since they lost Klay right before the draft. There is no blessing in that injury but they were given a decent break by it happening before the draft and losing that "well where would he play?!" excuse about Ball. And don't tell me the Warriors needed size up front because you're a drat fool for thinking a kid with 3 games of college experience would help a team with playoff expectations.

the warriors not taking ball is in the same lane as the kings not taking doncic. but not nearly as stupid

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Katana_Warrior posted:

THE MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES ARE NO LONGER THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA

lol wtf Houston

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

oh my god, their record since february...

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Katana_Warrior posted:

THE MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES ARE NO LONGER THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA

What about all times losingest non-defunct franchise though? I think that one stands

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/CJenkins_Wx/status/1383245812050718726

Love it!!!!! drama in the shill nba podcaster world!

i am a moron posted:

What about all times losingest non-defunct franchise though? I think that one stands

the worst survivor still survives. i'm speaking in the strict window of this season only

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Killian hayes https://mobile.twitter.com/DetroitPistons/status/1383220843518390279

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1383415701394710529

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Sounds like the Suns have a good shot at snagging the 1 seed

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Who would you say has the most unique game in the NBA? Meaning who does things in a way no one else does, not who's better at more things than everyone else

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jazz schedule going forward is pretty easy and they pulled away yesterday without him but still sucks a lot.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Dejan Bimble posted:

Who would you say has the most unique game in the NBA? Meaning who does things in a way no one else does, not who's better at more things than everyone else

Harden.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

Probably Ben Simmons for good and bad reasons

dokmo posted:

Harden.

Or this

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Poku

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

zion

or poku and his weird beautiful brain yeah

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dejan Bimble posted:

Chris Boucher's ridiculous shooting form and slow release that he gets away with because his arms are so long.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I'd say Rondae Hollis Jefferson. he's a real enigma kind of dude

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

immediate gut answer, kyle anderson

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

Slow-mo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Slo-Mo’s statlines are always so funny. An advanced analytics dream

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I feel slighted by this

quote:

The Kings organization says it will follow the 17 pages of guidelines released by the California Department of Public Health for indoor events and concerts. This means booing, yelling, singing or even using noisemakers will be discouraged since health officials say those activities increase the likelihood of transmitting the virus.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Sounds like the Suns have a good shot at snagging the 1 seed

Well okay maybe

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1383440511462084618?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bruce Brown as a 6'2" unstoppable roll man is also pretty weird but I guess he's not doing anything unique beyond being small. It also only works because of Harden

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Olympics gets canceled any time soon, I hope they restructure the rest of the season's schedule.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Spacebump posted:

If the Olympics gets canceled any time soon, I hope they restructure the rest of the season's schedule.

I doubt thats even an option as most states are opening up and the stadiums will start to go back to being used for more and more things.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

i think at this point no matter what happens we are never going to see a lockdown or anything close again, this society is ready to just watch tens of thousands of people die every day.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Harden, Luca and Ginboli are all the same type of player. :colbert:

Zion is totally unique. KAT and Bam are both pretty unique in their skillsets but I think bigs in general are going to start getting wider skillsets so those guys are probably going to become more common. Russ is unique but more in the "throwback guy" kinda way that just isn't in the league anymore.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i feel like jokic is really unique

it’s probably poku though

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

zion does things that no other player is physically capable of doing which is neat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most unique player in the NBA is denzel valentine, not a whole lot of guys in the modern game whose entire interior game is shooting 15 foot floaters jumping 4 inches off the ground and carrying himself like he is james harden but having the relative athleticism of a retired player.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i think at this point no matter what happens we are never going to see a lockdown or anything close again, this society is ready to just watch tens of thousands of people die every day.

Every single positive sample I've processed in the past 3 days has shown S gene dropout during PCR; i.e. they're all variants.

It's going to be a long summer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Papes posted:

I doubt thats even an option as most states are opening up and the stadiums will start to go back to being used for more and more things.

I'm reasonably certain the nba would have first dibs on the area in the majority of cases and could work around concerts or whatever, they won't change it because they don't care enough to bother which is sort of the defining feature of our pandemic response

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Brolander posted:

immediate gut answer, kyle anderson

This was my first thought too, along with SGA, outside of superstar guys like LeBron or Harden.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Slo-Mo’s statlines are always so funny. An advanced analytics dream
Very happy to have got him in the 11th round of our little fantasy league here.

R.D. Mangles posted:

This society is ready to actively enable people to go on mass shootings. We really do live in a society.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Kyle Anderson is a really, really solid argument for why explosive athleticism isn't always the best athleticism. His control is hypnotic. Some of his pace is absolutely deliberate, and it is something that more athletically gifted players should emulate. Sometimes he almost seems to take a breath, make a read, a very measured step to get to exactly the right spot, and the other player's speed can be damned. He's out here practicing kung fu on a basketball court. Does anyone know if he did dancing or martial arts?

He could have a really, really weird career track, too. The jump he made this year is nuts.

Anyone ever remember those old highlights where Larry Bird would make a ball fake, and he'd make this really measured, deliberate fake, and you'd think "no one is going to fall for that" but then everyone always fell for it. Kyle's footwork strikes me that way. Like, I feel like there's a merit to a measured, deliberate move.

EDIT
Yes, many comments were made after this, but it was up on my screen afterward, so if you're reading this edit, I just noticed I used the normal really, italic really thing twice in one post close to one another and I'm as annoyed reading it coming back as you no doubt are in reading it now. I'm sorry.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 17, 2021

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Looking at Memphis's game logs this season, it looks like Slow-Mo's settled in as the team's starting PF.

I always thought that position was where he'd end up playing, as the skinny Diaw-lite I saw flashes of on the Spurs.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

anakha posted:

Looking at Memphis's game logs this season, it looks like Slow-Mo's settled in as the team's starting PF.

I always thought that position was where he'd end up playing, as the skinny Diaw-lite I saw flashes of on the Spurs.

He’s slotted in well there. They play just at point forward sometimes to let Ja play off ball while Kyle distributes (an underrated skill of his!). At the beginning of the season, I was ready for the team to use him as trade bait, but he’s stepped up his offensive game enough to be an essential part of the Grizzlies game plan every night.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought Kyle Anderson was a PF like 3 years ago when they traded for him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chris Paul is a good example of someone who is way better in the real world than in the stats simulacrum.

(Regular season )

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Kyle Anderson has reached Aeon status piety with Cheibriados.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

wAIt

Killian Hayes is playing again?