Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Made in Italy dot gov dot i t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Random neat Imola discovery of the day: see the circled structure? Looks like some kind of observation post for marshals or race officials, maybe?

Nope. It's a private grandstand, in somebody's garden. The house is just on the other side of an access road running alongside the track, right in line with the pit entrance, but with some trees in the way - so the owner built their own personal multi-floor covered box to watch races unobstructed.

Want to see for yourself? The house is for sale right now. A snip at just €480,000! (Oh yeah, and it has a ridiculously tall dormer window to give you a view of the grid from indoors too.)

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 17, 2021

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Owns

Payndz posted:

Random neat Imola discovery of the day: see the circled structure? Looks like some kind of observation post for marshals or race officials, maybe?

Nope. It's a private grandstand, in somebody's garden. The house is just on the other side of an access road running alongside the track, right in line with the pit entrance, but with some trees in the way - so the owner built their own personal multi-floor covered box to watch races unobstructed.

Want to see for yourself? The house is for sale right now. A snip at just €480,000! (Oh yeah, and it has a ridiculously tall dormer window to give you a view of the grid from indoors too.)

Also owns

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dictator. posted:

Max and checo will both outdrive him every race so rbr will take wcc

Max drives into walls, at least Bottas brings the car home. :toxx: Mercedes WCC 2021 :toxx: Do we have a list for this year?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

was checo screaming "gently caress" at max or something?

e: lmao i paused qualifying and saw this when i came back

starts: 7.7 (lol)
lap 1: 6.3

thanks bezos-chan lmao

Phone fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 17, 2021

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

A bargain at twice the price

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Grevlek posted:

This whole time, instead of watching some puddling midlands team I did not care about lose 3-0 at 8am on a Saturday morning, I could have been watching sexy WWE for European billionaires this entire time??? I missed out on red vs silver, and rosberg v hamilton, all because my boss was into the baggies???
Welcome to the thread OP. You are allowed to watch previous seasons! I highly advise this. Unlike da footy there's >25 events per season, so watching full seasons is something a lot of us do and access to them is included with your F1TV subscription.

quote:

Am I part of the group yet?
List some of your favourite cookware and kitchen appliances and I'll go ahead and start your database entry.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Grevlek posted:

You guys I just watched my first qualifying in full on F1tv. Am I part of the group yet?

I live in a mid-sized town in the Midwest of the USA. I had an Englishman as a boss from 2012 to 2018, and we're still good buds. He kept yammering on and on about his dumb provincial football team, that has problems staying in the premier league, and I begrudgingly got on board.

This whole time, instead of watching some puddling midlands team I did not care about lose 3-0 at 8am on a Saturday morning, I could have been watching sexy WWE for European billionaires this entire time??? I missed out on red vs silver, and rosberg v hamilton, all because my boss was into the baggies???

only if you are a fan of scuderia ferrari pride and joy of Italy and the european union against the fail brexit teams from England

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

I would put a hot tub on it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

only if you are a fan of scuderia ferrari pride and joy of Italy and the european union against the fail brexit teams from England

That's not how you spell McLaren or Woking???

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Skim Milk posted:

perez wdc 2021 :mexico:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Eat Lasagna And Wint? what has dril done to deserve this

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grevlek posted:

You guys I just watched my first qualifying in full on F1tv. Am I part of the group yet?

I live in a mid-sized town in the Midwest of the USA. I had an Englishman as a boss from 2012 to 2018, and we're still good buds. He kept yammering on and on about his dumb provincial football team, that has problems staying in the premier league, and I begrudgingly got on board.

which midsize town?

was there a shooting in a mall today?

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

:hmmyes:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

was there a shooting in a mall today?

This doesn’t narrow it down enough.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Grevlek posted:

He kept yammering on and on about his dumb provincial football team

sounds like west bromwich

Grevlek posted:

that has problems staying in the premier league

Grevlek posted:

This whole time, instead of watching some puddling midlands team

Grevlek posted:

lose 3-0 at 8am on a Saturday morning

Grevlek posted:

all because my boss was into the baggies???

hah

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Anybody got the latest on whether Lewis is going to Get In There tomorrow?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bono says head down and the tyres will come back to you Lewis

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

learnincurve posted:

Bono says head down and the tyres will come back to you Lewis

what like henry surtees?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Does Mazepin complete a single race lap?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

Does Mazepin complete a single race lap?

does q1 count as a race

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Ants posted:

Anybody got the latest on whether Lewis is going to Get In There tomorrow?

HAM
PER
LEC

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zedd posted:

HAM
PER
LEC

I'd lol if max sprays gravel all over a corner and walls it and then sharleclair comes around on the next lap and hits the gravel at the apex, sliding off next to him leaving :yayclod: gasly :yayclod: to pick up P3

also lol if the reason max sucks at Imola is because he can't handle chicanes

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 17, 2021

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I'd lol if max sprays gravel all over a corner and walls it and then sharleclair comes around on the next lap and hits the gravel at the apex, sliding off next to him leaving :yayclod: Our Yuki :yayclod: to pick up P3

Ftfy

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:gizz:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Yuki's car runs on swearing.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Finally watched qualifying! My notes:

:rip: Yuki

Mazepin is so bad. He is either going to DNF himself, or try to race people when he gets lapped and crash.

Poor Lando. Hell of a lap at the end. Heartbreaking.

Get in there Checo!

What the gently caress is Bottas doing? So bad. All weekend they kept saying “this is Bottas’s track and suits his driving style.” He’s bad.

Happy to see Williams getting in there in Q2. Almost in Q3!

Also, poor Alonso. :(

I think it’s gonna be a good race tomorrow.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

:lmao:

Welcome to the thread, OP. F1TV has a bunch of content on old races, even if you don’t want to watch the entire thing. They have decent “overview / highlight” videos. Also, there is a show on Netflix that can help you get caught up on the important drama.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Oh I missed that post

Grevlek posted:

Goondolences on being coerced into following the only "sport" more criminal and fraudulent than Formula One. You've taken your first steps into a brighter world. Some day you may aspire to be a fan of cock fighting, godspeed

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bad luck for the rookie, he won't take that well. Very pleased for Perez though, a performance that will irk more drivers than just Verstappen, Are Dan will also burn with ambition. Norris was frankly robbed, the track limits mania is getting a bit much for me. I don't see much logic in it and they're painting themselves into a drama corner to rival Wagnerian opera later in the season. Stroll managing to stay ahead of the pack of jokers should also be respected, at least for now :v:

Bottas really has to put up or shutup this race. This is a really good field with good cars this year and he just got served notice in qualifying. Arooo (that's my wolf impression).

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I feel bad for Valtterrible, I just saw the DtS episode on him the other day and it was depressing. Poor guy. Makes me respect and revere Nico The Great even more, though. Nobody really has a chance at beating Lewis, but Nico, with his entirely mortal gifts (in contrast to Lewis's) was shrewd enough to parlay a couple lucky events into a maintainable championship lead. It only happened once, and even he knew he had no chance of repeating it, but just for one season a mere human fought a god and narrowly came out on top. An historic event. That said, though, Get In There Lewis. The greatest there ever has been and ever will be.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
hoping for a PER VER TSU podium this season just for giggles

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Grevlek posted:

It’s not too late to admit your terrible mistake in watching brainless loudmouths and failed ex-drivers commenting on overpaid crybabys, racists and criminals driving for professional grifter outfits that spend the equivalent of a small country’s GDP so they can finish a championship in 8th or whatever

You could instead watch the one true, pure motorsport, MotoGP.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Theophany posted:

Max drives into walls, at least Bottas brings the car home. :toxx: Mercedes WCC 2021 :toxx: Do we have a list for this year?

quoted for posterity

Payndz posted:

oh I love this

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
What’s one more i say

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Ate lasagna yesterday. The ragu spent a nice 3 hours bubbling away in my Creuset. *chef kiss*

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
What up with Ricciardo anyway? I thought he was supposed to be good but he's being shown up by a small boy who plays video games all day.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

a pipe smoking dog posted:

What up with Ricciardo anyway? I thought he was supposed to be good but he's being shown up by a small boy who plays video games all day.

idk, was counting on him being good too but maybe needs more time getting used to the mclaren.
or he's just a fraud cause australia is where all criminal british frauds ended up.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dictator. posted:

Ate lasagna yesterday. The ragu spent a nice 3 hours bubbling away in my Creuset. *chef kiss*

:jackbud: