Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Imagine trading Mookie Betts

https://twitter.com/presidual/status/1383631661267439616?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers are 13-2, it’s p cool

Pirates are 6-9

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

skaboomizzy posted:

Pirates are 6-9

Nice?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Would Bellinger have made that play, if he was in CF?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It's okay to hate on Bauer for being a chud and a malicious user of social media, but he is absolutely going to come close to his metrics from last season, and there is nothing that is going to prevent it.

I know a lot of you hang your hopes on MLB coming down on Bauer for "foreign substances," just like some of you hung your hopes on the Astros really being penalized for 2017, but SPOILER, just like 2017, it is not going to happen. Not one single MLB pitcher is going to be penalized for using foreign substances for spin rate, or for carrying around soup for his family.

Trevor Bauer might win the Cy Young again this season. Mark it down, motherfuckers.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

In this essay, I will demonstrate the uncanny similarities between the plight of Job and fandom of Major League Baseball's Seattle Mariners...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/ethanbudowsky/status/1383608487230382085
https://twitter.com/RealShelfy/status/1382676814355701760
Jazz is very fun and cool and loving raking right now, so let's go fish :shobon:

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

MrMojok posted:

It's okay to hate on Bauer for being a chud and a malicious user of social media, but he is absolutely going to come close to his metrics from last season, and there is nothing that is going to prevent it.

I know a lot of you hang your hopes on MLB coming down on Bauer for "foreign substances," just like some of you hung your hopes on the Astros really being penalized for 2017, but SPOILER, just like 2017, it is not going to happen. Not one single MLB pitcher is going to be penalized for using foreign substances for spin rate, or for carrying around soup for his family.

Trevor Bauer might win the Cy Young again this season. Mark it down, motherfuckers.

drat you’re getting off ya you tell us

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It is funny that Verdugo made a similar game saving catch this week as well. Look, I'm never going to be a fan of the Mookie trade because Mookie's a special player and I wanted him to retire a Red Sox, but Verdugo has been as advertised, and if Downs can do the same -- and so far there's nothing to indicate he won't -- then it's more a trade that everyone benefitted from. Though again yes, don't trade away a generational talent you freaking dopes.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

howe_sam posted:

It is funny that Verdugo made a similar game saving catch this week as well. Look, I'm never going to be a fan of the Mookie trade because Mookie's a special player and I wanted him to retire a Red Sox, but Verdugo has been as advertised, and if Downs can do the same -- and so far there's nothing to indicate he won't -- then it's more a trade that everyone benefitted from. Though again yes, don't trade away a generational talent you freaking dopes.

Yeah but on the other hand, Verdugo is a piece of poo poo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nodoze posted:

Yeah but on the other hand, Verdugo is a piece of poo poo.

Oh yeah, definitely, sorry, I meant to include that, he's a gently caress face for sure.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

MrMojok posted:

Didn't know any MLB players posted here.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Mookie Betts is so great and I will never forgive the Red Sox for trading him. I don't give a poo poo if Alex Verdugo and Jeter Downs both become hall of famers and spend their whole careers with Boston.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Strasburg to the 10-day. He sure looked off his last start.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
In “I didn’t realize he wasn’t already” news Jay Bruce is retiring today.

Apparently he’s on the Yankees?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

howe_sam posted:

Oh yeah, definitely, sorry, I meant to include that, he's a gently caress face for sure.

Wait why is Verdugo a piece of poo poo?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait why is Verdugo a piece of poo poo?

he was maybe an accessory to some sex crime stuff when he was still in the Dodgers' organization.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

bleh, yeah, ok

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MrMojok posted:

Would Bellinger have made that play, if he was in CF?

Maybe? Bellinger is like 7" taller than Mookie (by listed height so it may be even more) so he may be able to get hit mitt under the ball even though he's slower. Bellinger grades out well as a defender according to OAA.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Logan Webb and Jake McGee went on the IL out of nowhere, but thankfully it's just vaccine side effects and they can hopefully return in a day or two

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/1383823682435358720

Not looking forward to my second shot. Better than the alternative though!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Part of the reason Yankee fans are so upset is not just that they are losing but that they look like complete and total poo poo dong so. They can't hit even terrible pitching and they have guys playing out of position all over the place kicking around the ball.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

mcmagic posted:

Part of the reason Yankee fans are so upset is not just that they are losing but that they look like complete and total poo poo dong so. They can't hit even terrible pitching and they have guys playing out of position all over the place kicking around the ball.

I think it might be collective realization that the magic is over. Stanton is already a shell of himself and was never even Pujols. Judge won't be worth what he will sign for and unless they juice the balls again, how will all these players hit bombs?
Pitchers will not sign with the Yankees unless they are overpaid. Why? Because they can pitch in offense suppressed parks...well documented..thanks internet!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

chilihead posted:

I think it might be collective realization that the magic is over. Stanton is already a shell of himself and was never even Pujols. Judge won't be worth what he will sign for and unless they juice the balls again, how will all these players hit bombs?
Pitchers will not sign with the Yankees unless they are overpaid. Why? Because they can pitch in offense suppressed parks...well documented..thanks internet!

What magic? They haven't won since 2009.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Weep for the lost decade. Weep for the 5-9 start.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Also just a reminder that Kapler is currently the manager of the Giants because when all this came out instead of just not hiring him, Zaidi instead decided to hold one of the most awkward, cringy pressers ever seen to try and justify hiring a guy who thought taking a rape victim out to dinner with her rapists was the way to sweep it all under the rug.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

What magic? They haven't won since 2009.

For a lot of teams that is very recent. Yankees fans throwing crap on the field after a luke 2 weeks for a team that has made the playoffs year over year looks dumb as hell.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the tragic fall from yankessfans.gif to cubsposting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Popete posted:

For a lot of teams that is very recent. Yankees fans throwing crap on the field after a luke 2 weeks for a team that has made the playoffs year over year looks dumb as hell.

I know throwing poo poo on the field looks dumb as hell lol.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

Look, we're not assholes with no sense of perspective and a crap load of entitlement. We just expect more than everyone else. We're just better fans because we want to win and if we're not on April 18th we'll boo the poo poo out of the team and throw stuff on the field. Because that's what good fans do.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Look, we're not assholes with no sense of perspective and a crap load of entitlement. We just expect more than everyone else. We're just better fans because we want to win and if we're not on April 18th we'll boo the poo poo out of the team and throw stuff on the field. Because that's what good fans do.

There is a difference between booing a team that is playing like utter poo poo and throwing stuff on the field.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
From a homer to a bunt squeeze
And fans from the seas to the seas
We'll bicker and fight
Until long in the night
But we all agree: gently caress the Yankees

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I still can't get over that the Yankees took a guy who was literally one of the 2-3 worst players in the majors and the rangers, a bad team, paid like 30 million to go away and just inserted him into the lineup batting 6th as an everyday player. It's time for this entire FO to get fired.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Everybody is furious at Yankees fans for being belligerent idiots, nature truly is healing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The yankees couldn't beat the Rays in a series if the lives of their entire families depended on it. Utterly owned.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Inspector_666 posted:

Everybody is furious at Yankees fans for being belligerent idiots, nature truly is healing.

One (lack of a ring) to rule them all

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

GPTribefan posted:

One (lack of a ring) to rule them all

I would like to attend a parade as an adult, that would be pretty nice. (I was living in Boston in 2009 :smith:)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

uggy posted:

drat you’re getting off ya you tell us

That's top-tier drunkposting, at least I didn't Toxx for it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Inspector_666 posted:

I would like to attend a parade as an adult, that would be pretty nice. (I was living in Boston in 2009 :smith:)

I'm a Seattle native, cry me a river.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Some Numbers posted:

I'm a Seattle native, cry me a river.

I shan't, but I also don't expect any sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

N: Aaron Nola

V: Rules