Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Organza Quiz posted:

Yep those are great cat treats! Chicken necks in particular are good for their teeth because they have to really munch them. The biggest problem is likely to be convincing the cat that it's edible, some don't realise it.

durrneez posted:

i feed my cat raw chicken bits from time to time. one loves the necks and wing tips. the other waits for the canned stuff.

bones should be raw and not cooked. cooked bones splinter and can do some damage to the GI tract.

OK, great to know. Is there any prep that needs to be done with anything? Or just cut up heart, liver, neck, wingtips, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Hi, I was looking for a little bit of help and suggestions with a new cat.

We have 3 cats, and recently adopted a 4th, all females. We've had her for just shy of three weeks now.

The new cat is a wonderful, loving, playful, and chatty sweetheart - to us. However, she's terrible towards the other cats. We did the usual first steps of getting a new cat: separate room, slow introductions, let them sniff, etc. However, her behaviour is so bad towards the others that she's spent the last few weeks locked in the basement alone, where we then go down to visit and play with her. She constantly stalks and hunts them, will corner them and hiss at them, and if they make the mistake of running, she will chase, corner, and pummel them (Our 5 year old just got beat up a little while ago, and pissed everwhere when it happened. No claws, no injuries, just a thorough slapping). She'll deliberately circle round them so they have to move to keep an eye on her, and then chase when they move. She is bigger than all of the others, and will win any fight that she gets into.

Even when separated, she obsesses over the other cats. She'll stand fixed at the door, reach under the door, scream and howl if another cat comes by. Her entire life, except when we play with her, is dedicated towards wanting to chase the other cats.

We try to do supervised visits, we let her wander around the house and interact. The other cats hide in corners and hiss and growl if she gets near, she'll yell, and one of us has to step in as it looks like she's going to pounce. We tried getting calming spray, but it didnt do anything to help. We also just took her to the vet to make sure she isn't having health issues thats causing her to lash out, and she got a clean bill of health.

Does anyone have any advice other than just continuing to keep her separate? Is this just going to be something that takes ages to settle, and we're fooling ourselves by expecting instant results? Is it possible that I got a "dud" of a calming spray and should try another brand?

Also, an idea popped into my head of putting a harness on her (the type you'd clip a leash to to take them outside) just to physically restrict her from successfully chasing, or at least slow her down so I have time to stop her. Is that a bad plan?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Any thoughts on pet insurance? Worth it?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Hawkperson posted:

Any thoughts on pet insurance? Worth it?

Do it. It saved Rexie's life by making us go, "Might as well bring her in, she has insurance that'll cover the tests."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Do it. It saved Rexie's life by making us go, "Might as well bring her in, she has insurance that'll cover the tests."

It also saved thousands and thousands of dollars.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Cats will hiss and hide when there's an "intruder" in their territory. The question is, are these descending into full-out brawls before you intervene? If so, there is a strong possibility that her need to dominate makes her a single cat only home, and that she's fundamentally not suited to a multicat household. She's already caused one cat to run away pissing herself, and my worry is that if that continues then you're gonna have two, then three, then all four cats that are neurotic, and that's assuming it doesn't result in a full-on furball cat fight that sheds blood.

If she's pouncing on other cats and wrestling, and they chase each other, that's cause for cautious optimism. If every fight sounds like they're about to murder the other, then I'd seriously consider rehoming her.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Who did you go with? Shopping for insurance is exhausting. At least it's cheap

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I know it’s old news now, but if you have a cat and can afford one of those litter robots you are doing yourself a disservice not buying one. I spent years hating to deal with litter boxes, and suddenly it’s a non-issue. It doesn’t even stink.

Thanks, thread.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

How are Litter Robots for huge cats? I'm tempted, but we have a gigantic cat who's also a moron, and I'm reluctant to change to anything that would confuse her or not give her enough room.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Antivehicular posted:

How are Litter Robots for huge cats? I'm tempted, but we have a gigantic cat who's also a moron, and I'm reluctant to change to anything that would confuse her or not give her enough room.

Define huge? Bean is a stocky 17 pound unit and has no problems

Edit: well we got the fat ramp attachment because she's got no ups

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

My biggest cat is 20lbs and he is fine. My friends who have an even bigger cat, a cat who is essentially spherical and exerts his own gravity, does fine. If you have a Maine Coon then I dunno if it'll be a problem with litter tacking to their long hair but doesn't seem to be an issue with our respective lardasses.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

We have 3 cats, and recently adopted a 4th, all females. We've had her for just shy of three weeks now.

The new cat is a wonderful, loving, playful, and chatty sweetheart - to us. However, she's terrible towards the other cats. We did the usual first steps of getting a new cat: separate room, slow introductions, let them sniff, etc. However, her behaviour is so bad towards the others that she's spent the last few weeks locked in the basement alone, where we then go down to visit and play with her. She constantly stalks and hunts them, will corner them and hiss at them, and if they make the mistake of running, she will chase, corner, and pummel them (Our 5 year old just got beat up a little while ago, and pissed everwhere when it happened. No claws, no injuries, just a thorough slapping). She'll deliberately circle round them so they have to move to keep an eye on her, and then chase when they move. She is bigger than all of the others, and will win any fight that she gets into.

Even when separated, she obsesses over the other cats. She'll stand fixed at the door, reach under the door, scream and howl if another cat comes by. Her entire life, except when we play with her, is dedicated towards wanting to chase the other cats.

We try to do supervised visits, we let her wander around the house and interact. The other cats hide in corners and hiss and growl if she gets near, she'll yell, and one of us has to step in as it looks like she's going to pounce. We tried getting calming spray, but it didnt do anything to help. We also just took her to the vet to make sure she isn't having health issues thats causing her to lash out, and she got a clean bill of health.

Does anyone have any advice other than just continuing to keep her separate? Is this just going to be something that takes ages to settle, and we're fooling ourselves by expecting instant results? Is it possible that I got a "dud" of a calming spray and should try another brand?

Also, an idea popped into my head of putting a harness on her (the type you'd clip a leash to to take them outside) just to physically restrict her from successfully chasing, or at least slow her down so I have time to stop her. Is that a bad plan?

Based on personal experience, it might at least partially be that they are all female. I had two female cats and then my parents and I inherited my sister's two cats (also both female) and her dog when she got married because her husband has pet allergies. It was weeks of slowly integrating them. They eventually sorted out who was where in the pecking order and what rooms were who's territory. There were still occasional hissing and chasing and swatting, but that was it. My vet said that when you get up into three or four cats, you start needing gender balance for better harmony, so that might be part of the issue. Go slowly, keep at it, and yes, it will take awhile.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Captain Lavender posted:

OK, great to know. Is there any prep that needs to be done with anything? Or just cut up heart, liver, neck, wingtips, etc?

i’ve served the wingtips, necks, and organs whole. cats in the wild rend and tear their food. eating bigger poeces helps them exercise their jaw and the bones help clean their teeth, as the other posted noted.

no real prep needed, except maybe if your cat isn’t used to eating raw and doesn’t take to it immediately. you may need to introduce it slowly and alongside their other food. don’t leave the raw food out for too long or your cats will get food poisoning.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

durrneez posted:

i’ve served the wingtips, necks, and organs whole. cats in the wild rend and tear their food. eating bigger poeces helps them exercise their jaw and the bones help clean their teeth, as the other posted noted.

no real prep needed, except maybe if your cat isn’t used to eating raw and doesn’t take to it immediately. you may need to introduce it slowly and alongside their other food. don’t leave the raw food out for too long or your cats will get food poisoning.

Pumpkin thanks you.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Len posted:

Define huge? Bean is a stocky 17 pound unit and has no problems

Edit: well we got the fat ramp attachment because she's got no ups

Sam thinks he's still fat even thought I got him down to a healthy weight and he also needed the fatramp but it's usually fine...

I'm probably the only one with this issue but Sam liked to step in and poo poo without turning around which has let to him just straight up making GBS threads on the stairs or the guard sometimes. It's easy enough to hose off but ugh, TURN AROUND you dumb cat. :catstare:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

mistaya posted:

Sam thinks he's still fat even thought I got him down to a healthy weight and he also needed the fatramp but it's usually fine...

I'm probably the only one with this issue but Sam liked to step in and poo poo without turning around which has let to him just straight up making GBS threads on the stairs or the guard sometimes. It's easy enough to hose off but ugh, TURN AROUND you dumb cat. :catstare:

A couple years back we tried the roll and sift one and it did not give bean enough space to turn so she'd poop right in front of it. So we went back to the booda dome

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Hawkperson posted:

Who did you go with? Shopping for insurance is exhausting. At least it's cheap

All of ours are insured through HealthyPaws. Here's a handy referral link: https://refer.healthypawspetinsurance.com/Scott90

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Wow the OP was amazing thank you. I'm going to be moving and I'm looking at getting a new collar/tag and a harness for my cat. Are boomerang tags still the threads #1? Any recs on a harness or a collar (that doesn't jangle)? We're driving across the country and are hoping to stop and give her some outside access regularly. We already picked up a nice cat carrier so hopefully that helps but any other tips are greatly appreciated for moving with an active cat.. like whatever the opposite of cat nip is?! Is that feliway?

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Wow the OP was amazing thank you. I'm going to be moving and I'm looking at getting a new collar/tag and a harness for my cat. Are boomerang tags still the threads #1? Any recs on a harness or a collar (that doesn't jangle)? We're driving across the country and are hoping to stop and give her some outside access regularly. We already picked up a nice cat carrier so hopefully that helps but any other tips are greatly appreciated for moving with an active cat.. like whatever the opposite of cat nip is?! Is that feliway?

If you’re traveling across the country, ask your vet for a gabapentin rx. Makes them nice and chill after you give them the pill.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It turns out my cat, who gets really sniffy about certain brands of cat biscuits, loves Quorn cocktail sausages and is sad when the vegetarian food is taken away from him.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Lady Demelza posted:

It turns out my cat, who gets really sniffy about certain brands of cat biscuits, loves Quorn cocktail sausages and is sad when the vegetarian food is taken away from him.

I had a cat once that loved veggie bacon to the point where she would lick the plate over and over, looking for every tiny bacon morsel.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I also live in what has recently become a 4-cat household - there were only two cats when I moved in last fall with my cat Jackie, and then my roommates adopted a young feral stray whom we've been somewhat successfully trying to socialize.

Anyway, the situation is somewhat similar in that my cat, Jackie, is a 14-year-old female whom I adopted 10 years ago from my parents, because she was unable to get along with the two other cats she was living there with there for fairly similar reasons to what you're describing. She was basically just deeply obsessive about them, having to share food dishes with them, being teased and overreacting to attempts at play - that sort of thing. All of it went away and she went from being a really unpleasant and grouchy cat to a deeply sweet and awesome cat when living alone with me.

I have moved her back into a multi-cat household again now, and things have been going well - but at least part of that is because I knew Jackie was going to get her own space, her own litter box, her own food station, and so on - and stuff like that has helped. But mostly I think it's just that she's fundamentally mellowed out and become more secure. Even so, the feral kitten is absolutely in love with her and follows her everywhere and tries to cuddle with her - but Jackie growls at him or whacks him on the face when he tries to get too affectionate with her, still! It generally doesn't get serious though, and it does seem to be a form of play for them.

I don't really have any easy or absolute answers - these things are definitely not easy, and it may be that you won't be able to keep this cat because she's just not compatible in that environment - and there's no shame in that, it happens and everyone had good intentions, but things sometimes just aren't going to work out.

In the meantime, I would recommend trying for a "reset" of some sort. Is there someway you can move that cat into her own environment for a while, where she won't be in contact with the other cats and can have a chance to rest and recover a bit? Or maybe a friend who can take her in for a little while? Sometimes this can work very well, especially if you're able to make some small changes maybe in just giving her a bit more space or removal from the other cats when she gets back.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Deteriorata posted:

The younger cat probably smells weird and the older cat is confused as to what is going on.

Give a few days and things should return to normal.

thanks! i grew up with 3 cats and this never happened before, nor did it happen when i was down to just the last one from my childhood + my new at the time (now senior) cat, so i was confused and worried.

it took a few days, but friendship restored~

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

So yesterday Maple came in happily from the garden, having played out there all day (I finally finished the anti-Escaple netting, which seems to be working). Found her on the stairs looking perfectly happy, with one front paw 3 times the size of the other! So we drove down to the 24/7 animal hospital and she was fine, quick injection, probably a wasp or something. Silly kitty.

Get insurance, people. This one wasn't too expensive, but you never know what's randomly going to happen tomorrow.

Also, while we were there, a very distressed man pulled up, followed by the animal ambulance. His dog had been a victim of a hit and run, and didn't make it. The anguish as he came out to tell his wife (as I waited in the car for mine) is making me cry right now. Tell your pets you love them every day, and gently caress you hit and run driver :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bobstar posted:

So yesterday Maple came in happily from the garden, having played out there all day (I finally finished the anti-Escaple netting, which seems to be working). Found her on the stairs looking perfectly happy, with one front paw 3 times the size of the other! So we drove down to the 24/7 animal hospital and she was fine, quick injection, probably a wasp or something. Silly kitty.

Get insurance, people. This one wasn't too expensive, but you never know what's randomly going to happen tomorrow.

Also, while we were there, a very distressed man pulled up, followed by the animal ambulance. His dog had been a victim of a hit and run, and didn't make it. The anguish as he came out to tell his wife (as I waited in the car for mine) is making me cry right now. Tell your pets you love them every day, and gently caress you hit and run driver :smith:

My partner makes fun of me but I always make sure to tell the cats I love them before we go somewhere. She says it's ridiculous but Fuzzbutt meows at the door when either of us leave and I like to imagine it makes him feel better

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Bobstar posted:

Tell your pets you love them every day,

Every time I see 'em, multiple times.

On that note, good news - finally had one of my shelter guys go home yesterday (after a while of no adoptions). Set down the carrier with the door open to get ready, she just walked straight in like "gently caress y'all, I'm out" and was super calm. Gonna miss you, little girl.

Less good news is figuring out why several other cats with no history of aggression suddenly got aggressive at once...

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Buff Hardback posted:

If you’re traveling across the country, ask your vet for a gabapentin rx. Makes them nice and chill after you give them the pill.

Awesome thanks. I'm pretty nervous about driving that far with a cat, I've never done that specifically. Wave if you see me, the person walking a cat at rest stops :laugh:. Any cat harness recommendations or any other general tips for cat driving

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Any cat harness recommendations or any other general tips for cat driving

Just gonna quote myself since I've made this post a few times now:

cat driving tips posted:

TRAVEL TIPS
I've done 2300 miles three times with cats in a car (Phoenix > Raleigh > Phoenix > Raleigh) and this is what you need to know.

1) Get tranquilizers from your vet. This is non-optional. Drug the cat when you wake up so they're sleepy by the time you pack up to go.

2) Have a TOP-LOADING carrier, they sell these at any pet place and they're a godsend. Front loading carriers suck.

3) DO NOT take the cat out of the carrier at any point during the trip that is not inside of a locked hotel room. Period. For any reason.
-They can get stuck under pedals and kill you both
-If god forbid you crash the car, they can be killed because they were not secured
-Some kind of terrible mess involving pee/poo/food/litter can occur that you are not prepared to deal with
-They can get out of the car if they aren't secured when you open the door and never be seen again
-Your cat is not going to enjoy this road trip. They will at best tolerate it quietly. You basically want to keep them still and secure and let them sleep through it.

3a) Your cat is not a dog. It does not need bathroom breaks or to stretch at any point. Carrier > hotel > carrier > hotel. Safety first!

4) Build yourself a travel kit.
-Bring a small litterbox, use a garbage bag as a liner and you can just zip it and toss it in the morning. No Scooping!
-Bring the food and water bowls, obviously
-Bring a roll of paper towel and some stain remover for accidents

5) Check the hotel room for stupid holes before you let them out. No seriously we had a hotel once where Sam tried to climb in the gap under the vanity sink and disappear into the loving walls.

A harness is a good idea so you can easily and firmly grab your cat if necessary but otherwise do not let the cat out of the carrier. They're not dogs, they don't want to go for walkies at a rest stop, and taking them out of the car in general is just asking for trouble. Drug kitty in the morning, kitty sleeps all day, kitty has fun exploring the hotel room at night. That's the ideal.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Melomane Mallet posted:

Based on personal experience, it might at least partially be that they are all female. I had two female cats and then my parents and I inherited my sister's two cats (also both female) and her dog when she got married because her husband has pet allergies. It was weeks of slowly integrating them. They eventually sorted out who was where in the pecking order and what rooms were who's territory. There were still occasional hissing and chasing and swatting, but that was it. My vet said that when you get up into three or four cats, you start needing gender balance for better harmony, so that might be part of the issue. Go slowly, keep at it, and yes, it will take awhile.

Oh, I'd never heard of all-females being a problem. She's gotten a bit better with one of the cats, but still aches to do violence against the other two. Thanks for the encouragement, the other cats have been such a breeze that I think we got spoiled by them.

kaworu posted:

In the meantime, I would recommend trying for a "reset" of some sort. Is there someway you can move that cat into her own environment for a while, where she won't be in contact with the other cats and can have a chance to rest and recover a bit? Or maybe a friend who can take her in for a little while? Sometimes this can work very well, especially if you're able to make some small changes maybe in just giving her a bit more space or removal from the other cats when she gets back.

She currently lives alone in the basement and her only interaction is occasionally reaching under the door by the stairs when another cat comes near. From what we've gathered talking to the rescue people (who didn't tell us when we got her) was that she grew up with only dogs and may have been separated from her mom/siblings too young, and never learned how to socialize with other cats. She's also clearly been physically abused by her previous owners.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mistaya posted:

A harness is a good idea so you can easily and firmly grab your cat if necessary but otherwise do not let the cat out of the carrier. They're not dogs, they don't want to go for walkies at a rest stop, and taking them out of the car in general is just asking for trouble. Drug kitty in the morning, kitty sleeps all day, kitty has fun exploring the hotel room at night. That's the ideal.

Yeah, most cats are actually terrified of new places and smells, so taking them for a walk at a rest stop is not relaxing or enjoyable in the least.

When they don't know what's going on, they want to be in a small, secured, safe space they are familiar with. Like inside their carrier.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a website I can use to keep track of the Surefeed price? I want to get two but they're so many dollars and every bit of sale helps

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Awesome thanks. I'm pretty nervous about driving that far with a cat, I've never done that specifically. Wave if you see me, the person walking a cat at rest stops :laugh:. Any cat harness recommendations or any other general tips for cat driving

I drove across country over 5 days with my cats and definitely, definitely ask your vet for tranqs. Fat cat is very confident and only needed them on the last day. Shy cat was terrified the whole time, poor guy.

Also, depending on your cat, they might want to hang out in the cabin with you. Fat cat meowed like crazy at the start of the trip. Since he's a fairly a well-behaved and confident boy, I let him out and he perched on top of all of our stuff on the backseat and peered out the front windshield. He had the time of his life. I shoved shy cat into a dark corner of the car and he liked that he was hidden.

I kept fat cat in a harness while we were driving and put the leash on before any doors were opened in case he darted out.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

mistaya posted:

Awesome thanks for all the tips everyone, this is making me feel more comfortable already. I picked a decent looking cat carrier already that is top loading and as we'll have a dog in the car as well hopefully that will work and she will be able to chill inside. Good to know she wont need rest stop breaks

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Len posted:

Is there a website I can use to keep track of the Surefeed price? I want to get two but they're so many dollars and every bit of sale helps

I'm not sure why Amazon is so out of stock of them, but they've been pretty much consistently at 150USD for as long as I've known about them

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Well, I drove cross-country with my cat (Portland, ME to Los Angeles, CA - a long trip - and also from LA to Denver, CO) and didn't need tranquilizers for her. But then, I went into the trip feeling like my cat was uniquely suited to be able to withstand the pressures of cross-country travel, and that did turn out to be the case. Though it wasn't exactly easy.

Myself, I got the biggest kennel/crate/cage that would fit in the backseat of my Toyota Corolla, and there was just enough room in it for a cat bed, a mini litter box, and dishes for food and water - just BARELY enough room. I ended up moving the litter box down to where people in the backseat would put their feet and opening up the kennel when I realized Jackie wasn't even going to come into the front seat as long as I put up some sort of barrier between the two bucket seats in the front.

I think it really depends on the cat. I can very much understand why tranqs might be a necessity, because like 75% of the cats I've known would probably have needed them for a cross country trip - hell, I needed tranqs to deal with that trip at times. But I never thought for a moment that Jackie would have trouble with it, and she didn't.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Did Jackie use the litterbox while you drove? My cat only uses it at night I'm not sure if its neccessary to get her a big enough crate so she could use the bathroom while we drive, although I definitely would if it would help her be more comfortable

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Did Jackie use the litterbox while you drove? My cat only uses it at night I'm not sure if its neccessary to get her a big enough crate so she could use the bathroom while we drive, although I definitely would if it would help her be more comfortable

She did, yeah - but usually it'd be when I'd stop at a rest stop for 5-10 minutes to get out and stretch my legs, and the car wouldn't be moving. Even so, I definitely remember her using the litterbox while the car was moving and being fairly impressed.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

What are some good resources for reading up on techniques to introduce a third cat into the mix? One of my cats is extremely territorial, whereas the newest cat is extremely skittish and easily frightened.

I have the shy one sequestered to a single room for the time being, but I've been trying to switch out blankets and things so they get used to each other. If this doesn't work out, I may just have to rehome the third cat, but I'm willing to do as much as I can to prevent that. I've read introducing a new cat can be tough, but this is something else entirely.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Buff Hardback posted:

I'm not sure why Amazon is so out of stock of them, but they've been pretty much consistently at 150USD for as long as I've known about them

That's what they are on the Surefeed site too, I'm just hoping to not spend $300 on food trays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Len posted:

That's what they are on the Surefeed site too, I'm just hoping to not spend $300 on food trays

It sucks, but as someone with two of them I assure you they're worth it.