Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is the ad revenue done is such a way that it doesn't count towards revenue/cap calculations? Because I can imagine that being the case

Ads are very much hockey related revenue under the CBA. The main things that aren't included are relocation/expansion fees and interest/loan payments. That's why the league rushed to expand because Seattle and Vegas are $1.1bn of pure profit it doesn't have to share with the players (aside from the extra ~$150m in annual player salaries).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't care if they put sponsor logos on the jerseys. It'll probably just be a logo on the shoulder or the sleeve not a full blown Euro-style jersey.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Go Boston Dunken Donuts!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't care if they put sponsor logos on the jerseys. It'll probably just be a logo on the shoulder or the sleeve not a full blown Euro-style jersey.

For now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh now you're all against the players making more money.

Communists.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Players should be allowed to sell ad space on their own jerseys, so McDavid will look like a race car driver while Zack Kassian will have a pure hockey jersey.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://e.givesmart.com/events/l7I/i/?fbclid=IwAR0BX2m_gcbxmXnFR9TtibN8u-2ouaEN1kRRu4hkurTJZ6_oyU2ircQLBkU No surprise Crosby’s Jersey is the most expensive, current bid at $4,020. But Tage Thompson at $2k? Really? Guentzel and Rust are at like $1700

Edit: pride day jerseys and sticks

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Players should be allowed to sell ad space on their own jerseys, so McDavid will look like a race car driver while Zack Kassian will have a pure hockey jersey.

I can't wait for Loui Eriksson to step onto the ice with a big ol' FIRE JIM BENNING shoulder patch.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

xzzy posted:

I'm sure coaches do chant DON'T LET OVI SHOOT in the locker room but you can't fixate on one player, glue a winger to Ovechkin and someone else is gonna get open and have a nice shot. Especially on the PK.

Plus he has an epic shot. Even if you do cover him he's gonna drill it into the net.

The Jets did this once a few years ago. Ovi literally just stood in one spot which created a 4v3 for the Caps. The Jets player looked totally defeated and then decided to get back in on the PK.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

I can't wait for Loui Eriksson to step onto the ice with a big ol' FIRE JIM BENNING shoulder patch.

That would be 10,000 of my hard earned dollars well spent.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The ads on NBA jerseys have seemed unobtrusive to me, if it's similar to that I'm not peeved.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Ovi waxing his stick during today's game:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1383884629124415490

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

th3t00t posted:

https://e.givesmart.com/events/l7I/i/?fbclid=IwAR0BX2m_gcbxmXnFR9TtibN8u-2ouaEN1kRRu4hkurTJZ6_oyU2ircQLBkU No surprise Crosby’s Jersey is the most expensive, current bid at $4,020. But Tage Thompson at $2k? Really? Guentzel and Rust are at like $1700

Edit: pride day jerseys and sticks

The fun of being a fan of a team nobody cares about means I have a closet with a decent amount of game worn stuff in it.

I still need a pride stick but they don’t last in our team store, but they don’t charge any more for them than regular.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

N: https://twitter.com/VogsCaps/status/1383835440457805827

V: feel like poo poo just want him back
(not really, but this is driving the part of Red Wings Twitter who dragged him for being lazy up a wall)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1383895487032414209

Mika with the game winner on his birthday.

Rangers sweep the devils in a weird 4 in a row schedule.

This was a fun week to be a Rangers fan. Now if Boston could drop 2 games, that would be great.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tinstaach posted:

N: https://twitter.com/VogsCaps/status/1383835440457805827

V: feel like poo poo just want him back
(not really, but this is driving the part of Red Wings Twitter who dragged him for being lazy up a wall)

the city of detroit carries a great curse within it

1 - blake griffin left the city of detroit and found the ability to dunk for the first time in 2 years
2 - anthony mantha left the city of detroit and found his inner tryhard
3 - miguel cabrera leaves the city of detroit and suddenly he can hit for power again??

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Aye Doc posted:

the city of detroit carries a great curse within it

1 - blake griffin left the city of detroit and found the ability to dunk for the first time in 2 years
2 - anthony mantha left the city of detroit and found his inner tryhard
3 - miguel cabrera leaves the city of detroit and suddenly he can hit for power again??

Matt Stafford is going to be unreal this year.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

There was a real shot at all four Detroit teams finishing dead last in their leagues within the same calendar year before the Sabres frigged it all up in March.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
shamelessly stolen from the red wings reddit but yeah, this is fun

quote:

Detroit Lions

Last Playoff Win - January 12, 1992 over the Dallas Cowboys

Detroit Pistons

Last Playoff Win - May 26, 2008 over the Boston Celtics

Last Playoff Series Win - May 13, 2008 over the Orlando Magic

Detroit Red Wings

Last Playoff Win - April 17, 2016 over the Tampa Bay Lightning

Last Playoff Series Win - May 12, 2013 over the Anaheim Ducks

Detroit Tigers

Last Playoff Win - October 16, 2013 over the Boston Red Sox

Last Playoff Series Win - October 10, 2013 over the Oakland A's

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I saw Pittsburgh and buffalo was a nationally televised game today and didn't watch out of the fact that the outcome seemed a foregone conclusion as soon as I flipped it on.

That foregone conclusion did not involve Buffalo winning. :wtc:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why would a bad team winning against another bad team be the foregone conclusion

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let’s see if the Islanders want to join the Caps and the Pens in taking the night off.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Penguins have been constantly playing down to the worst teams for years and years.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Flyers lose in the most flyers way. Own goal in OT. Some would say they are dogshit garbage

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jack Campbell sucks now

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol leafs

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Is this even the funniest Leafs loss of the season?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
feels like that was coming from miles away but still feelsgoodman

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I'm assuming the Leafs are taking a long rest before we all figure out which team they're playing come playoffs. That's four in a row without a regulation win I think.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Leafs losing to a COVID addled team was predicted by all, this is what they do.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/evolvingwild/status/1383964253149753344?s=21

:madmax:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Yeah, trade those good players, trade them to Detroit

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

would keith say that those players are a stain on the franchise?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

For anyone who missed it in the GDT:

https://twitter.com/tictactomar/status/1383936534076743684?s=21

It’s important to note he did almost the exact same thing in the same spot later in the game

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Guess Steve Dangle has his meltdown material for the season

Philly in turn likely turns Hockey Fights Cancer night into wishing their own goal OT scorer gets it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

*taps a wrench on the side of Jack Campbell’s stats*

See, there’s your problem right here, the whole thing’s lousy with regression!

Time for the glue factory, gonna need a whole new Rittich to fix this mess.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1383895487032414209

Mika with the game winner on his birthday.

Rangers sweep the devils in a weird 4 in a row schedule.

This was a fun week to be a Rangers fan. Now if Boston could drop 2 games, that would be great.

The Boston Bruins should lose a hockey game IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Who was the hockey player who used to post videos on YouTube of regular guys trying to take the puck away from him and stuff?