Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Albany X Pression

been catching up on Drag Race UK S2 and have had SING SANG SONG in my head for about 72 hours straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I think Denali should have been in the top instead of Kandy, but Kandy brought me one of my absolute favorite Untucked moments of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuGBqkkejU

"If you have a leaf...and you turn it...it's the same leaf."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

alf_pogs posted:

Albany X Pression

been catching up on Drag Race UK S2 and have had SING SANG SONG in my head for about 72 hours straight

An excuse to share this again? Don't mind if I do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANPXgJhCy0

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

An excuse to share this again? Don't mind if I do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANPXgJhCy0

In a similar way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZl_8vlV4Us

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

I think Denali should have been in the top instead of Kandy, but Kandy brought me one of my absolute favorite Untucked moments of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuGBqkkejU

"If you have a leaf...and you turn it...it's the same leaf."

her flat-out wanting to buy a boat with her prize money was also very endearing. "gently caress drag! i want a boat!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Didn't she also have zero idea who the Supremes were?

The disco episode discussion was not kind to Kandy, and vice versa.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Nobody's ever accused Kandy of being a genius

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

lol Ru's not even talking to the eliminated queens in this Reunion, is she?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Yeah it’s criminal that Denali isn’t in this top 4

Pinwiz11 posted:

lol Ru's not even talking to the eliminated queens in this Reunion, is she?

probably not lol

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

YES KEEP THE GOLDEN BOOT AWARD

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This is so scripted and terrible.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Nihonniboku posted:

This is so scripted and terrible.

You’ll have to be more specific, this is RuPaul’s Drag Race

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

I get that it’s a pandemic but this is ridiculously low effort lol

wuggles posted:

yep

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Seeing the inside of Roscoe's... Four weeks until I'm fully vaccinated...

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

wuggles posted:

her runway look for the last episode was wonderful too

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

Albany X Pression

Yeah, that... doesn't ever go away.

The definitive version (imo).

alf_pogs posted:

her flat-out wanting to buy a boat with her prize money was also very endearing. "gently caress drag! i want a boat!"

Extremely so, yes. Especially because it's my understanding that $100k isn't a lot in 'boat money'.

I'm 20% into the reunion, the scripting is real and bad, but if anyone does something funnier than Joey Jay I'll be shocked. Her segment was worth watching.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 17, 2021

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I hate to come in here because boats is my kind of trash, but you're talking on the level of a new house. That 100k will buy you a very nice dinghy.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I guess I'm projecting on Kandy because I picture her wanting a luxury boat experience. That's not fair.

In any case, my 2nd favorite moment from the reunion thus far is Tina Burner calling her makeover a hate crime. I love a self-aware queen.
And seconding the call for the Golden Boot to be a returning feature! Unless it means a queen needs to serve Lala Bag Realness every season.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can’t believe I sat thru this insanely scripted hour. The paparazzi with the queens walking in was beyond terrible. Can we just go back to reigniting drama? Shits more entertaining than this.

Denali was stunning as usual. Not sure if she’d win it all but ugh - I love em.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Vintersorg posted:

I can’t believe I sat thru this insanely scripted hour. The paparazzi with the queens walking in was beyond terrible. Can we just go back to reigniting drama? Shits more entertaining than this.

Denali was stunning as usual. Not sure if she’d win it all but ugh - I love em.

I recognized the voice of who was acting as the paparazzi. Was that Aquaria? Raven?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The most boring reunion episode of all time.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

Nihonniboku posted:

I recognized the voice of who was acting as the paparazzi. Was that Aquaria? Raven?

Alexis Michelle, wasn’t it?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I dunno, even if it was super scripted, seeing Joey Jay and Denali's lip sync performances (Denali twice) kinda made it worth it to me.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

one thing that I’ve really appreciated about this season, despite its flaws, is how well it’s showcased all of the participants. In most seasons the queens who go home second-sixth get short shrift, including during the reunion. The extra eps at the beginning/the reunion music videos did well to endear the early-home queens to the television audience.

Loved Tamisha and Denali’s music videos (that loving backflip), hated Tina’s

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
i love tamisha and cannot wait to see where she goes from here

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lala and Uticas videos were really fun as well (and Kandi should have got the golden boot for that green abomination that was pre made!!!??)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I tapped out after Tamisha's segment. Did they even have all the girls on one Zoom call in the end? Valentina this is a lip sync reunion what part of that do you not understand?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Nope they just had like, skits between selected queens and a lipsync battle for charity. Which was made me laugh because it was set up to be the winner gets $10k to the charity of their choice and then when the winner was declared, the loser still got $5k for the charity of their choice and all I could think of was "of course WOW is cheap enough that they want an excuse to give only $15k to trans and black charities instead of $20k on their biggest and most trans and BLM pandering season of all time"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:raise:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

That was a very boring 90 minutes. We watch reunions for drama and fighting, not this scripted junk!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

It gave the early outs an opportunity to showcase something but yeah, we’ve had proper scrappy reunions (for the most part) since season one. Bring them back Ru you coward.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I liked the opportunity for the queens to show off more of their talents with the videos. I enjoyed Kahmora's, Joey's, and Denali's the most. Honorable mention to Olivia's for the cinematography. Just when I thought Denali couldn't endear me further, she goes and picks a Blackpink song to skate-lipsync to. Everything involving Lala was hysterical, and just solidifies my opinion that the season became so much less entertaining when she left.

Where. Was. The. Drama, though?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

90 minutes of very big Best Friend Race energy tbh

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

This is very tinfoil hat, but I think any drama would be between Tamisha and Kandy and they want to avoid that in case the producers crown her.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Tamisha has already said on social media that she's good with Kandy now so you can stop rolling up that tinfoil now

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Eh, it seems Kandy made a (since deleted) Twitter post during the reunion saying like "Guess she needed a storyline" and Tamisha has responded, so it may not be tinfoil hat stuff.

People were accusing Kandy of referring to Tamisha's cancer, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she's referring to their fight.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Drag in Philly! I will be fully vaccinated by then but it's around the time we are going to CT to see my in-laws after more than a year so I can't pre-buy the tickets.

Line Up (subject to change)
Asia O'Hara (as the host)
Vanessa Vanjie
Kameron Michaels
Violet Chachki
Aquaria
The soon to be announced Season 13 finalists!

https://feverup.com/m/97085?utm_sou...wivf9tYHA-_5y4Y

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Asia O'Hara (as the host)
Kameron Michaels

Two of my all-time favorites! :dance: Everyone should check out Can Do Queens if they haven't already.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Everyone should check out Can Do Queens if they haven't already.

Is it on Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu? I only have the username and password to Hulu. - My husband won't give me the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Asia/Kameron are the most underrated duo of the DR pantheon