Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Remember Landry Fields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lockback posted:

Knicks players having decent seasons getting immediately and hilariously overreacted to is one of my favorite all-time things.

How is this hard to understand? He ain't better. He's just what they need right now. Don't lump me in with the drooling psychopaths who said he's better than Bosh.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

Remember Landry Fields

who can forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9tvpiJkBgA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Remember Landry Fields

thinking of all of the important things i have forgotten but the landry fields working in a dick's sporting goods trying to sell landry fields jerseys commercials is lodged in there and i don't even like the FREAKING knicks.

e: i just want to note that i wrote my post before ketchup vs catsup posted the dang video

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 19, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Leroy Jenkins lamo

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

R.D. Mangles posted:

thinking of all of the important things i have forgotten but the landry fields working in a dick's sporting goods trying to sell landry fields jerseys commercials is lodged in there and i don't even like the FREAKING knicks.

Why would you ever want to forget that? That sounds like it can only ever get funnier with age.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why would you ever want to forget that? That sounds like it can only ever get funnier with age.

another interesting landry fields fact i will apparently take with me to my grave even though i never watched a single minute of him on the knicks because i didn't have cable television is that jeremy lin lived on his couch during linsanity

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
His Amar'e impression is so good

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Every free agent the Knicks have gone after have said this. Not many have actually signed or forced their way there.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

god drat

best dunker in the league

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Lots of players like to play in New York. No players want to play for New York.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

god drat

best dunker in the league

He’s at Dominique levels

(Dominque Wilkins for you young people )

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

God drat that's visceral. As soon as the lane opened up he knew exactly what he was going to do.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Maybe when you get drafted, whoever gives you the hat whispers "the entire city of New York has a pleasure denial fetish, so like, if you start to make it big, tease 'em a little by talking up the city even if you think it's a dump," into your ear.

"That's sick!" the player, who really shouldn't be kink-shaming, but is still basically a child at that point so we can forgive them, invariably proclaims.

"That's how you become a star," the illusive hat-giver answers, disappearing to present the next draftee with their prize, and the knowledge.

He is the highest paid person in the league.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

none of the players in the league now have any memory of the bulls being anything but a laughingstock unless they are literally from here, chicago for free agents might as well be freaking minnesota.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only time I thought Chicago as a laughingstock was during the boylein era

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kibner posted:

Every free agent the Knicks have gone after have said this. Not many have actually signed or forced their way there.

Yeah, that's what makes it so great.

You can just feel the timeline evolve and in a few years Knicks twitter is sharing this quote everywhere, and Zion's camp likes one of the tweets and the world goes nuts, and he goes not there and all the Knicks fans drop a "Well, that sucks, but also good, we can focus on this rebuild"

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/terryporter30/status/1383937201067552768?s=20

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Btw I was on a long drive today and ended up listening to the latest Hoop Collective episode, to which someone (KatanaWarrior?) cryptically referred earlier this week. There's a solid half an hour of two other ESPN dudes screaming at Brian Windhorst about his opinions of the MVP race. They get real mad at each other and you can tell it almost gets personal.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I hate Eric Bledsoe so much.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It's extremely funny that we're getting an important Knicks-Hornets game on Tuesday

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

It's extremely funny that we're getting an important Knicks-Hornets game on Tuesday

The play-in thing is totally pointless but I kinda love it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dallas has been looking for a consistent number 2 scorer since 2004. Donnie Nelson should not be a GM but Cuban will never fire him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Dallas has been looking for a consistent number 2 scorer since 2004. Donnie Nelson should not be a GM but Cuban will never fire him

a vicious attack on the legacy of JET

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

R.D. Mangles posted:

Especially since they won a championship since then.

God, I miss Dirk.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Contract the Mavs

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I love him but Jason Terry wasn't consistent. It felt like many years he would disappear at critical moments in the playoffs. (I guess that is one way to be consistent.) The fact that their best consistent number 2 scorer in the Dirk or Luka eras tops out at 6th man of the year shows how little helps stars in Dallas get from Donnie Nelson.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Spacebump posted:

Like, I'm all here for maybe shaking things up here and I'm upset the Mavs have looked like poo poo lately, but I don't think the problem is the offense, here

1) Donnie got, in one trade, a guy averaging 21 and another averaging 16
2) He drafted a 6MOY candidate in the 2nd round who is averaging 13
3) he's one year removed from putting together one of the greatest offenses of all time?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

Like, I'm all here for maybe shaking things up here and I'm upset the Mavs have looked like poo poo lately, but I don't think the problem is the offense, here

1) Donnie got, in one trade, a guy averaging 21 and another averaging 16
2) He drafted a 6MOY candidate in the 2nd round who is averaging 13
3) he's one year removed from putting together one of the greatest offenses of all time?

He hasn't put together a team that can win a playoff series since 2011. How many GMs get a decade of 0 playoff success? Porzingis is nice but much less so when you consider games played.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

He hasn't put together a team that can win a playoff series since 2011. How many GMs get a decade of 0 playoff success?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The Mavs are clearly grooming Luka for player-GM. Following in Lebron's footsteps.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Spacebump posted:

He hasn't put together a team that can win a playoff series since 2011. How many GMs get a decade of 0 playoff success? Porzingis is nice but much less so when you consider games played.

like I said, I'm not opposed to shaking things up, but 1) really, the offense isn't really the issue here, and 2) I doubt firing Donnie Nelson really does anything, since I imagine a lot of the big picture stuff is all Cuban, anyway.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Also the guy who ran the Wizards forever

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Also the guy who ran the Wizards forever

Grunfeld

(Also I think the Mavs probably win a series or two in the East over the past decade, and that team was clearly just trying to stay pretty good with an aging Dirk.)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the graphic designer for "clutch points" who makes these insane movie posters for NBA people is a genius

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i want a print of this to hang on my wall

e: lmao going to tell kids this was star wars

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

the graphic designer for "clutch points" who makes these insane movie posters for NBA people is a genius

they're a good follow on twitter for nothing else other than them

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I hate Eric Bledsoe so much.

Yeah

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I’m really happy for Knicks fans. King Julius is a force of nature. It’s so cool to see a guy his age become a killer out of no where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

airbrushing three Boylens on the side of my van