Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

oxsnard posted:

the new development this cycle imo is the complete cowardice of regulators. Obviously this isn't a new thing, but the brazenness of companies is just at a whole new level. Union busting, anti trust, deadly self driving software (and cars that self immolate). There isn't even lip service like there used to be.

Meanwhile Jack Ma talked poo poo at a regulator on Weibo, and his rear end is GON'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
harley davidson is going to be a trillion dollar company eoy quote this post

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Harley has some newer bikes that aren't big hogs they look decent so maybe it could grow but I wouldn't put money on it.

Which means it probably will.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

net work error posted:

Harley has some newer bikes that aren't big hogs they look decent so maybe it could grow but I wouldn't put money on it.

The name is toxic to anyone under fifty

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, very much synonymous with "terrible motorcycles"

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MorrisBae posted:

Didn’t it come out in the past couple years that Russia has nuclear subs 50 miles off the coast of America at all times

Every nation does this,we have ally subs practicing off our coasts all the time,and no carrier group ever leaves port with an enemy sub tailing it, but we also leave the same port tailing the other subs.

It's a big game of cat and mouse and being sneaky successfully without shooting is a great way for sub forces in all nations to maintain funding

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

net work error posted:

they're still overpriced.

I know that I'm getting old because the new Honda Gold Wing looks absolutely incredible. What a bike those are, and it got a little smaller and less compact while still being set up to go all day long. 100 ft-lbs from idle too.

Also way cheaper than the Harley bullshit.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Joey Steel posted:

It's number 1 on the DOE nuclear security threats when last I was current on it. Limited exchange, but to the point that we'll discover if ~100 nukes tossed into combustible cities will cause a nuclear winter or not.

where can you find this list?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Hubbert posted:

"im still exceptional, im still exceptional!!!" screams america as it follows all the empires before it

it's not doing that yet. the ruling elite are still convinced that america is at the top of the world by virtue of its god-given right to be, and it'll stay that way regardless of how much they mismanage it and encourage unrestricted profiteering. i'm not sure they even see it as mismanagement since, after all, it's all perfectly in line with neoliberalism and the outcome of the reagan revolution. private interests pushing government around is good for business

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Joey Steel posted:

It's number 1 on the DOE nuclear security threats when last I was current on it. Limited exchange, but to the point that we'll discover if ~100 nukes tossed into combustible cities will cause a nuclear winter or not.

But it's not the only one.

Oh hey, the second episode of season 1 of Black Mirror.

drat episode had me weeping at the end.

watching it now. this is a weird dystopia.

edit or actually not weird enough.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 17:21 on Apr 19, 2021

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

why does this motherfucker have two twitters

is this a fake account for a bbg terminal repeater

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

it's not doing that yet. the ruling elite are still convinced that america is at the top of the world by virtue of its god-given right to be, and it'll stay that way regardless of how much they mismanage it and encourage unrestricted profiteering. i'm not sure they even see it as mismanagement since, after all, it's all perfectly in line with neoliberalism and the outcome of the reagan revolution. private interests pushing government around is good for business

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Stereotype posted:

this week tonight is relevant to this thread this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzFG0Cdh8D8

this dude has a 9m dollar home lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this actually begins with the 1917 revolution as it was the Soviets who opened up the colleges to women and sent her to the US to study

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

this actually begins with the 1917 revolution as it was the Soviets who opened up the colleges to women and sent her to the US to study

the long long LONG con

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Stereotype posted:

this week tonight is relevant to this thread this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzFG0Cdh8D8

I like how the video points out that Joe Biden gutted bankruptcy protections in 2005, and then later casually mentions that Biden has “shown support” for Elizabeth Warren’s bill to reinstate the protections

Like he wouldn’t just veto the bill

Oliver’s videos are always 95% good and then his conclusion are always pure Succ

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

This but unironically

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

love the implication that you should take bitcoin seriously even if someone is willing to pay $62k for one. buddy i'll never take it seriously no matter the price because it's objectively an idiotic system

if anything the fact that "real financial experts" are taking bitcoin seriously makes me certain the system is very near collapse

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

in ur dreams

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Rutibex posted:

if anything the fact that "real financial experts" are taking bitcoin seriously makes me certain the system is very near collapse

Number will double.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nonsense posted:

in ur dreams

Our dreams

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

MorrisBae posted:

I like how the video points out that Joe Biden gutted bankruptcy protections in 2005, and then later casually mentions that Biden has “shown support” for Elizabeth Warren’s bill to reinstate the protections

Like he wouldn’t just veto the bill

Oliver’s videos are always 95% good and then his conclusion are always pure Succ

he's a sort of op meant to channel and blunt frustrations, "yes, we understand everything is bad. people were dumb. it'll be okay now though because Biden is here, don't worry"

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Joey Steel posted:

good news, it will! at least according to ~science~

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/10/eaay5478

quote:

Hemisphere continents is stronger than that of the Southern Hemisphere; temperature drops greater than 10°C occur across North America and Europe north of about 30° latitude, with cooling up to 5°C over all continents; ocean temperatures decrease in many regions by an average of 5°C, with greater reductions in the Northwest Atlantic.

Of greater significance to surviving populations are the large decreases in rainfall predicted over densely populated regions such as India and central China where precipitation almost ceases. The U.S. Northeast and Midwest lose more than 50% of their rainfall.

Major crop-growing regions of North America and Eurasia experience declines of net primary productivity averaging 25 to 50% over this time. Very large reductions in NPP occur in India, China, Southeast Asia, and Indonesia, as well as in tropical South America and Africa. Ocean reductions in NPP are highest in the Arctic, where production is almost entirely extinguished. In addition, in many regions where major fisheries exist, production is significantly reduced, including the North Atlantic and North Pacific, where NPP decreases by 25 to 50%. Together, the reductions in temperature, primary productivity, and precipitation suggest major disruptions to human and natural systems worldwide.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

finally a realistic solution to climate change

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

MikeCrotch posted:

Isn't that basically just Brazil (the movie)

Orange Devil posted:

How is that functionally different from a skyscraper filled with FinTech assholes surrounded by people huddling in tent cities?

Which is something I do not have to imagine.

:thejoke:

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Well more of a California joke I guess

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Finally we can move the speculative betting markets of crypto away from the market. My goal is that anyone with excess cash just goes there to bet if number go up or down and gently caress less with everyone else.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

KaptainKrunk posted:

he's a sort of op meant to channel and blunt frustrations, "yes, we understand everything is bad. people were dumb. it'll be okay now though because Biden is here, don't worry"

His solution to professional wrestlers not being unionized was “show up at WrestleMania with signs and yell that you support unions”

He’s loving worthless

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
why is NUMBER hurting? where is our NUMBER shaman oxnards???

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cold on a Cob posted:

I'm sacrificing the poor as fast as I can, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Cold on a Cob posted:

He has betrayed us. He cashed out and moved to GBS.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

JAY

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Fxhedgers/status/1383948893247836163

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

He has betrayed us. He cashed out and moved to GBS.

Ah, he finally made the big leagues

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Today's BLOOD is in cryptos.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FXHEDGE CAPS LOCK STILL STUCK

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Nothus posted:

Today's BLOOD is in cryptos.

It's a store of value, says supporter of thing that loses 10,000 dollars in value in a week :v:

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

number at ATH by end of day

do not doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

skooma512 posted:

It's a store of value, says supporter of thing that loses 10,000 dollars in value in a week :v:

So you're saying buy the dip?