Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

tsob posted:

...so maybe someone from Black Widow will appear in Loki...

There's a shot in the Loki trailers that looks an awful lot like Natasha on Vormir, but bigger dorks than I are saying it's someone else. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yea, I kept thinking it was when I saw the trailer too but there's other shots of the trailer with the same lighting that look nothing like Vormir, so I'm inclined to believe it isn't her either despite how similar it looks.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Umbra Dubium posted:

There's a shot in the Loki trailers that looks an awful lot like Natasha on Vormir, but bigger dorks than I are saying it's someone else. :shrug:

Yeah people have figured out it's not Natasha because of other photos taken from the same set that clearly show who the actress is and it was already confirmed who she is playing

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Rumors claim Vulture mentions the Blip in Morbius.

Feels like this is going to end up like Agents of SHIELD with no acknowledgement from the main MCU movies/shows.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 19, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sanguinia posted:

There is an alternate universe female Bucky named Rebecca "Rikki," Barnes who was created as a result of he fallout with Onslaught back in the 90s. She served as the sidekick to several Captain Americas including a Peggy Carter Captain Brittain version until she later adopted the super-identity of NOMAD, THE GIRL WITHOUT A WORLD.

Apparently a lot of people online are hoping this mantle will be Karli's ultimate fate after being de-escalated from terrorism and returning to her Robin Hood Revolutionary ways. Which I think is a great idea. It pays off the talk about how SHE should be Captain America but maintains her dismissal of the Shield and its symbolism, it lets her be reborn and leave behind the identity of Flag Smasher which she's tainted by her actions without giving up her ideals, it gives her a platform to work toward atoning for her misdeeds, and the whole GIRL WITHOUT A WORLD thing fits perfectly with her status as a stateless borderless outsider to all nations and their power structures.

She was also Valkyrie's girlfriend for a while, so that's nice. :)

Oh that's cool, and I'm totally down with that idea.

Batroc wanting revenge on same is one of those things villains do that crack me up. They're always "the hero stopped me from murdering a bunch of people how dare they!!" as if that justifies their revenge.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
They always kill off the villains who were actually fighting for class equality or something good like that, no faith in Disney letting Karli live

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
Batroc wanting revenge on Sam is a little silly, especially since he won the actual close quarters fight so there wasn't much more for him to do there, it's not like his reputation is at stake.

The money, sure, but you win some and you lose some as a professional criminal.

He's also a bit lacking in the villain context, since the only thing we've ever seen him do is accidentally help stop HYDRA and kidnap some soldier (who cares) but Fury did accuse him of being a mass killer (right after hiring him)

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I think Batroc wanting revenge is his cover story to Karli to explain why he's helping, not the actual job that Sharon has paid him "double" to do.

Karli has no idea Sharon is a part of this transaction, is what I'm saying.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
If Sharon's the Power Broker, that means she sent goons out to kill the Flag Smashers so why would she be helping them now?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Rumors claim Vulture mentions the Blip in Morbius.

If Eddie Brock was Snapped, would the symbiot be dusted along with him?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

live with fruit posted:

If Sharon's the Power Broker, that means she sent goons out to kill the Flag Smashers so why would she be helping them now?

There's nothing in the episode that says The Power Broker communicated with the Flag Smashers in any way. It's far more likely that Batroc was told to find them, help them take out Falcon and then bring them back.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There was this from the Morbius trailer:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SgtSteel91 posted:

If Eddie Brock was Snapped, would the symbiot be dusted along with him?

Would be a pretty neat MCU take on Venom tbh, Brock gets dusted but Venom doesn't, which leads to Venom seeking a new host and of course ~*drama*~ when the blip happens and Brock returns to find Venom bonded with some douchebag.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Batroc's purpose there is muddy because Sharon's actual role is still muddy as hell. If you assume she's the Power Broker then she maybe hired Batroc to kill Karli or something, but why the ruse of the GRC stuff? If she's a good guy why'd she just hire a guy who has it out for Sam? If she doesn't care why'd she help Sam and Bucky? Nothing Sharon's doing makes a lot of sense right now until we figure out what the hell her actual motivation is and who she's working for (or is). Presumably that will clear up this episode and Batroc's full reason for being there will be revealed.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, I hope they are allowed to mention the blip, and all the Spider-man movies events. I'm among those curious to know if Eddie Brock or Venom or both got snapped.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Batroc's purpose there is muddy because Sharon's actual role is still muddy as hell. If you assume she's the Power Broker then she maybe hired Batroc to kill Karli, but why the ruse of the GRC stuff? If she's a good guy why'd she just hire a guy who has it out for Sam? If she doesn't care why'd she help Sam and Bucky? Nothing Sharon's doing makes a lot of sense right now until we figure out what the hell her actual motivation is and who she's working for (or is). Presumably that will clear up this episode and Batroc's full reason for being there will be revealed.

I'm pretty sure that the Sharon situation will get maybe one or two lines next episode and it'll be left for a new story to maybe do something with.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Did any francophiles or frenchies translate Batroc's dialogue on the phone call with Sharon? Probably nothing significant, but there have been a few examples of spoilers in the MCU with unsubtitled foreign language.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh god, I hope they are allowed to mention the blip, and all the Spider-man movies events. I'm among those curious to know if Eddie Brock or Venom or both got snapped.

Surely they could mention a thing that meant everyone was gone for five years without being explicit enough to raise mouse eyebrows.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cage Kicker posted:

They always kill off the villains who were actually fighting for class equality or something good like that, no faith in Disney letting Karli live

Who are the villains "fighting for something good"? I got Killmonger and Vulture off the top of my head and one of them is alive. Maybe Ghost? She's alive. I guess you could maybe force Whiplash in there? I can't remember if he lived or died. I assume he died. Am I missing someone else? People are sympathizing with Zemo and he's running around quipping.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The_Doctor posted:

Isn't that the Tobey McGuire or maybe Andrew Garfield Spiderman suit? The ribbing on the red looks like it's raised and lighter colored there, where Holland's suit has flat black lines. There's no thick black lines around the eyes either.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Who are the villains "fighting for something good"? I got Killmonger and Vulture off the top of my head and one of them is alive. Maybe Ghost? She's alive. I guess you could maybe force Whiplash in there? I can't remember if he lived or died. I assume he died. Am I missing someone else? People are sympathizing with Zemo and he's running around quipping.

Okay, I totally whiffed on that one. I was only thinking of Killmonger.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/indyabussey/status/1384213439015362564?s=21

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Did any francophiles or frenchies translate Batroc's dialogue on the phone call with Sharon? Probably nothing significant, but there have been a few examples of spoilers in the MCU with unsubtitled foreign language.

There was nothing interesting there, aside from Sharon’s awful French pronunciation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cage Kicker posted:

Okay, I totally whiffed on that one. I was only thinking of Killmonger.

I didn't mean to call you out. I just genuinely didn't know if I was missing people since that's kind of been a common refrain in this series commentary.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Barry Convex posted:

This is absolutely what they're doing for all their upcoming theatrical releases, not just Marvel Studios films. note that Black Widow is a theatrical/Premier Access hybrid, whereas Jungle Cruise, releasing later the same month, is still officially theatrical-only for now. Right now, things are looking reasonably good for the viability of a theatrical-only release in September, let alone November, but that could change.

anyway who's ready for even more award-winning middle-aged actresses in the MCU

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1384177081832017937

Olivia Colman is truly great

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
What was in the box!

Im guess a new pair of wings. Made from vibranium. Or my wild guess was one of the flowers that gives super strength. Guilt free super serum

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

tsob posted:

Isn't that the Tobey McGuire or maybe Andrew Garfield Spiderman suit? The ribbing on the red looks like it's raised and lighter colored there, where Holland's suit has flat black lines. There's no thick black lines around the eyes either.

Based on the shape of the eyes, I’d say it’s the McGuire suit.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What was in the box!

You've seen se7en right

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Desperado Bones posted:

It's a Sony movie, as are the Spider-man movies. Why wouldn't they be allowed to mention events from the Spider-man movies?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What was in the box!

Im guess a new pair of wings. Made from vibranium. Or my wild guess was one of the flowers that gives super strength. Guilt free super serum

I'm guessing a new Cap suit, but made of vibranium. Not having the serum, it would be helpful having an indestructible suit.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
My wacky Batroc theory is that Sharon hired him to help Sam and that’s why he’s pissed and she’s paying double.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

My wacky Batroc theory is that Sharon hired him to help Sam and that’s why he’s pissed and she’s paying double.

Maybe he's so mad because she said he had to wear the comics suit

Who cares about the Zemo mask, where is the Batroc Mask

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thrawn527 posted:

I'm guessing a new Cap suit, but made of vibranium. Not having the serum, it would be helpful having an indestructible suit.

Yeah, him getting a Black Panther-esque suit would go a long way to upgrading him and putting him on the level with people like Walker and Karli. With or without the wings.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't mean to call you out. I just genuinely didn't know if I was missing people since that's kind of been a common refrain in this series commentary.

Not at all I appreciate it, I don't always just post to stir poo poo.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, him getting a Black Panther-esque suit would go a long way to upgrading him and putting him on the level with people like Walker and Karli. With or without the wings.

Absolutely, a Wakandan armor suit would place him on par with at least War Machine, if not Iron Man.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Maybe he's so mad because she said he had to wear the comics suit

What's wrong with the suit, pink was good enough for Cap

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What was in the box!
Hmmmm, no one has seen Pepper in a while...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Doctor Nutt posted:

Would be a pretty neat MCU take on Venom tbh, Brock gets dusted but Venom doesn't, which leads to Venom seeking a new host and of course ~*drama*~ when the blip happens and Brock returns to find Venom bonded with some douchebag.

With Brock's luck, the symbiote would probably bond with Anne's boyfriend.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I thought Shang Chi was going to be a series and not a movie.

I got to say im hyped though.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah having a near indestructible suit would even out the whole not being a super solider thing. And helps against a super soilders greatest weakness, bullets

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And if he's got that thing from Black Panther where his suit absorbs kinetic energy and throws it back that theoretically gives him augmented strength and durability in a fist fight with super soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Makes alotta sense yeah

Also, lol at walker making his own shield outta scrap