Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm a kickstopper not a kickstarter

maybe they can use that joke in one of the episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
"Hey mom I found a really big feather!"

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'd feel worse if David Giancola did not go on to create Radical Jack, another stinker starring Billy Ray Cyrus as your lead.

it's such a gross, hateful movie

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I'm so glad there are others who love Agent for H.A.R.M. It's such a great episode, and the movie's villain is the goofiest clown anyone could have ever come up with.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nishi koichi posted:

it's such a gross, hateful movie

I just love that they stuck with having a complete goofass as a hero

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm so glad there are others who love Agent for H.A.R.M. It's such a great episode, and the movie's villain is the goofiest clown anyone could have ever come up with.

Agent for H.A.R.M. is like a top 3 Mike episode

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

verbal enema posted:

Agent for H.A.R.M. is like a top 3 Mike episode

Agent for H.A.R.M, Riding with Death and Space Mutiny are my top three. They got me started on the show. Now I need to go find my CD of all the songs they put out in the ‘90s

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

reminds me it has been a while since i hit the judo range

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

reminds me it has been a while since i hit the judo range

Just remember to bring your aikido rifle and later we'll practice some skeet kendo.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
They're gonna have to rerecord the theme song because harmar superstar is a loving creep, but even though I haven't seen all of it I thought the Netflix season was fine, they picked comedians who were clearly excited to be a part of it, though I wouldn't complain if the mads got swapped out or something.
Also someone brought up the YouTube channel with broadcast edition tapes, I loving love that channel, a great thing to put on to fall asleep to.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

They're gonna have to rerecord the theme song because harmar superstar is a loving creep, but even though I haven't seen all of it I thought the Netflix season was fine, they picked comedians who were clearly excited to be a part of it, though I wouldn't complain if the mads got swapped out or something.
Also someone brought up the YouTube channel with broadcast edition tapes, I loving love that channel, a great thing to put on to fall asleep to.

I was wondering why they weren't using the Netflix version of the theme song. Thought it might have been a rights issue. Goddamnit creeps gotta gently caress up everything.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

With RiffTrax, the ones I absolutely recommend are:

- Miami Connection
- Guy From Harlem
- The Wizard
- ROTOR
- A Talking Cat?!?
- Lycan Colony
- Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare

Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare is a movie that absolutely made my week when I first watched it. I would randomly think about it days later and just start giggling on the spot.

The movie is an Evil Dead ripoff about a rock band hanging out in a house to practice/record along with their girlfriends and manager. Ghouls start taking out the cast one-by-one without the others realizing it.

Then in the last ten minutes there's only the lead singer left and the Devil (a giant puppet) confronts him. The singer is completely nonchalant about the situation and reveals that none of his friends were ever real. He's actually the archangel Triton, playing a trick on the Devil for overstepping his boundaries. Then he changes into a spiked thong and cape and they wrestle for way too long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Rock N Roll Nightmare stares Jon Mikl Thor, the guy from Zombie Nightmare.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
A Talking Cat?!? is Manos level imo - a hold your breath and take it because the riffs pay off, especially when they lose their poo poo at the end lmao

Ed: nothing can really be Manos level - but poo poo that was a bad movie

Mindless fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 20, 2021

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Cold Milk Bottle posted:

They're gonna have to rerecord the theme song because harmar superstar is a loving creep.

I like the Man or Astro-man? cover of the MST3K theme. Not that I expect that to happen, but I can dream.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

muscles like this! posted:

Also Rock N Roll Nightmare stares Jon Mikl Thor, the guy from Zombie Nightmare.

Jon Mikl Thor is a true legend.

Also, I could have sworn there was an MST3k episode riffing Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare. I very distinctly remember the first time I saw it being because I watched it being riffed, but now Google is pulling up nothing. Am I misremembering a RiffTrax as an MST3k, or did they both do it?

(Also, on the kickstarter front, it looks like they're barely gonna make the 4-6 episode stretch goal.)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Fortunately, I brought my cardigan

I kind of wonder if Adam Chance inspired Sterling Archer to adopt the tactical turtleneck-the "tactalneck"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

How was Felicia Day as the main mad? I pretty much NOPE'D out of nuMST3K when I saw her name on it because I still have nightmares of her lovely Dragon Age 2 DLC bit (it was baaaaaaaaad).

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bogus Adventure posted:

Fortunately, I brought my cardigan

I kind of wonder if Adam Chance inspired Sterling Archer to adopt the tactical turtleneck-the "tactalneck"

Day Four of my cardigan. My funk overwhelms me.

ACTION PANTS! My pants are up to the challenge.

Shut up or I'll shoot you in the other pocket!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

verbal enema posted:

Day Four of my cardigan. My funk overwhelms me.

ACTION PANTS! My pants are up to the challenge.

Shut up or I'll shoot you in the other pocket!

I'll use my paunch to scan the area for tequila bottles...

I knew I never should have left that one location...

GOTTA DANCE! GOTTA DANCE!!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bogus Adventure posted:

How was Felicia Day as the main mad? I pretty much NOPE'D out of nuMST3K when I saw her name on it because I still have nightmares of her lovely Dragon Age 2 DLC bit (it was baaaaaaaaad).

She is pretty good, actually. She’s doesn’t feel particularly natural in all her deliveries, but she goes all in, so even when it’s cringe it’s cringe in a way that is authentic to the tradition of the Mads.

Also there is a really good documentary about Jon mikl Thor out there somewhere. He’s led an infesting life.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Idk fine, not great. The mads take up so little of the episode its not a big deal for me. :shrug:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

She is pretty good, actually. She’s doesn’t feel particularly natural in all her deliveries, but she goes all in, so even when it’s cringe it’s cringe in a way that is authentic to the tradition of the Mads.

Also there is a really good documentary about Jon mikl Thor out there somewhere. He’s led an infesting life.

Linux Pirate posted:

Idk fine, not great. The mads take up so little of the episode its not a big deal for me. :shrug:

All right, I guess I should give it a try. I just really liked the combo of Mike, Bill, Kevin, and Mary Jo. It didn't seem like it would be MST3K without them.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

nobody can beat frank and dr. f

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A heartsick lover, with a severed head

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Still shaking the bushes boss

I probably say that at work at least once a week

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

donkey salami posted:

Still shaking the bushes boss

I probably say that at work at least once a week

bro

nishi koichi posted:

nobody can beat frank and dr. f

"Are you and Frank uhh.. umm. well?"
"Yes. ...Me and Frank are... partners in- Oh Aunty McFrank is back!"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that line from Master Ninja I

Timothy van Patton - "You're traveling in it Jack."
Tom Servo - "You're jackin' in it Trav"

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 20, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'll use my paunch to scan the area for tequila bottles...

I knew I never should have left that one location...

GOTTA DANCE! GOTTA DANCE!!

I am Mighty Elderly Man!

NOT THE TINY SAUSAGE GUN NOO!

Yeah my cat's cradle got outta control so I pinned it to the wall.
/
/

that joke is fukkin' GOLD

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 20, 2021

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Burning Beard posted:

Agent for H.A.R.M, Riding with Death and Space Mutiny are my top three. They got me started on the show. Now I need to go find my CD of all the songs they put out in the ‘90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhHXKQzewgs

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
An underrated gem from the Joel era is "I Accuse My Parents" which is the definitive moralizing 50s cautionary tale.

High schooler with alcoholic parents goes from being a star student to gangster lackey, but he won an essay contest!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sourdough Sam posted:

An underrated gem from the Joel era is "I Accuse My Parents" which is the definitive moralizing 50s cautionary tale.

High schooler with alcoholic parents goes from being a star student to gangster lackey, but he won an essay contest!

"I Accuse My Parents" loving OWNS. It's such a dumb premise, and it's hilarious.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Sourdough Sam posted:

Really hits home to all of us who have been drawn into a life of crime after winning an essay contest.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sourdough Sam posted:

There's a whole sub-genre of films like this from the time period. They're all as fun as I Accuse My Parents.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i love i accuse my parents. the casual alcoholism is amazing in this one. best parents ever. everyone thinks jimmy is a grwat kid despite the pathological lies...just everything

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i accuse my parents is brilliance. i think it's joel's favorite

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

jimmy confesses to being an accessory to murder amongst several other crimes and actually does kill the mob boss at the end and his sentence is probation and the parents get lectured as being the real guilty party

and the hamburger man...doesn't it seem odd he takes jimmy in so easily? and he's like, you better come to church with me or people will wonder about us.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i accuse her hair :colbert:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

jimmy confesses to being an accessory to murder amongst several other crimes and actually does kill the mob boss at the end and his sentence is probation and the parents get lectured as being the real guilty party.

always thought the juxtaposition of short and film in that ep was good. soulcrushing manual labor/a rich idiot who gets off scott-free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders might be my favorite episode. That movie is so weird, constantly bouncing from kid-friendly goofiness to brutal murders and tales of guys getting turned into babies for their infertile wives.

I also still think about " Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you." and laugh to myself.