Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

thathonkey posted:

lol which one theyre all chudsville pretty much

Outskirts of Columbus near Harris County, famous for its colorful sheriff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I wonder how many hours a day the average suburban chud spends fantasizing about finally getting their chance to shoot someone.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Ralph Hurley posted:

I wonder how many hours a day the average suburban chud spends fantasizing about finally getting their chance to shoot someone.

One of my favorite comics calls that "paranoid optimism." I think that's an amazingly accurate phrase.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think about shooting my delicious hot grilled and/or smoked meats and ice cold beverages into the mouths of people all the time.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Just bought my first house two months ago in a chuddy Georgia suburb after living in studios in SF for ten years. Zero regrets. I also have a baby daughter in the way in a few weeks. I look forward to daddom and have been bracing myself for what lies ahead.

Previous owner planted a Japanese maple and azalea bushes which I’ve been enjoying when standing outside in the morning in my white tube socks and flip flops while holding my giant mug of coffee gifted to me by the agent who helped me buy the place.

Been shopping around for a good smoker and wondering if I should splurge on a Traeger. Wish I was handy enough to build my own.

Splurge slightly less and get a rectec.

Yesterday I hit up some classic suburban das stores: target, academy, Home Depot, target again, and Walmart to cap it off.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Been off my bass game for some 20 years, with some exceptions. Whenever I youtube some bass gurus or talented kids, everyone’s poo poo’s set up to sound like a wet noodle. When did a good bottom end go out of fashion?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Still waiting for the perfect opportunity to get my first mow in of the season. Not yet. But soon.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mokotow posted:

Been off my bass game for some 20 years, with some exceptions. Whenever I youtube some bass gurus or talented kids, everyone’s poo poo’s set up to sound like a wet noodle. When did a good bottom end go out of fashion?

post/avatar

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Smugworth posted:

Still waiting for the perfect opportunity to get my first mow in of the season. Not yet. But soon.

Lol Minnesota

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.

Mokotow posted:

good bottom end doesn't have to sound like swamp thing loving sewer sludge

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mokotow posted:

When did a good bottom end go out of fashion?

Brother I've been sayin' that for YEARS

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’m building a Motown DI box for recording bass. Tight low-end is back on the menu, fellas.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I'm a city dad..

can i join in?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Into The Mild posted:

I'm a city dad..

can i join in?

You're going to have to post your credentials and request a waiver

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Rhadamanthus posted:

good bottom end doesn't have to sound like swamp thing loving sewer sludge

Ideally it should be so low you shouldn’t be able to discern individual notes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Bonzo posted:

Brother I've been sayin' that for YEARS

HEYO

*wives share exasperated looks*

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Does building one of those left over bricks outside pizza ovens count for suburban dad status? Saw this and thinking of trying this weekend.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

donkey salami posted:

Does building one of those left over bricks outside pizza ovens count for suburban dad status? Saw this and thinking of trying this weekend.

I'm not sure there could be anything that counts more. Apart from an all-dad cover band where you play bass, but it's second only to that

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Oh you bet it counts. It up there with brewing your own beer

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

donkey salami posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g48vfYJvAvs

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

donkey salami posted:

As the fellow dads have mentioned building any kind if improvised grilling device is a peak suburban dad move.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Building a Brink Oven Pizza (BOP) oven is top tier suburban dadding and all the suburban housewives on your street are going to want to sex you.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Building a Brink Oven Pizza (BOP) oven is top tier suburban dadding and all the suburban housewives on your street are going to want to sex you.

I was thinking of doing something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHMQ_QQJtbY

Low effort might only bring low effort housewives around.

Which is pretty much my wheelhouse

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

donkey salami posted:

I was thinking of doing something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHMQ_QQJtbY

Low effort might only bring low effort housewives around.

Which is pretty much my wheelhouse

The man in this youtube is far too fit and handsome to be a true suburban dad please find someone less good looking so we can keep the bar low.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Thinkin' about putting some Jibbitz in my Crocs.

https://www.crocs.com/jibbitz

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Derpies posted:

The man in this youtube is far too fit and handsome to be a true suburban dad please find someone less good looking so we can keep the bar low.

I apologize for the lack of a warning. I know there's been a concerted effort to cut back on t***in

I got caught up in the brick designs and didn't watch the video

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

Went in the bathroom this morning with my coffee and phone to take my morning poo poo, the seat was down and I did a full flop sit onto my own tucked dick and balls

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aunt Teefa posted:

Went in the bathroom this morning with my coffee and phone to take my morning poo poo, the seat was down and I did a full flop sit onto my own tucked dick and balls

Yeah they get hard to avoid once you hit 35 or so.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
i'm a subbin' dad and i think outdoor pizza ovens suck rear end, you already got an oven your kitchen dumbass
good burb dads know the cred's in smoking briskets and competition style ribs (never been to a competition, never will)

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Why not both BBQ and outdoor pizza oven?

Oven pizzas take a long time.

Outdoor pizza oven pizzas are fast. Good party food.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Because you’ll almost never use it. The suburban mom analogue is a jacuzzi tub.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
mine needs a rebuild

disregard the lighter fluid, a shameful substance that I don't know how to dispose of safely

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Empty Sandwich posted:

mine needs a rebuild

disregard the lighter fluid, a shameful substance that I don't know how to dispose of safely

Start by using it to burn that horrific jug

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Not using lighter fluid, and then taking half an hour to not even get the coals hot. :worship:

The only way it could be better is if that were on the front lawn, making it a neighborhood-wide eyesore that lowered the sale price of the house across the street.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I can't do that... it's made by the guy who made my pizza oven :coal:

not really his finest work, to be sure

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Empty Sandwich posted:

I can't do that... it's made by the guy who made my pizza oven :coal:

not really his finest work, to be sure

judging by the quality on the pizza oven the jug is very fitting.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Derpies posted:

judging by the quality on the pizza oven the jug is very fitting.

the important thing is that this unnamed but probably very handsome potter eventually found his niche

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Empty Sandwich posted:

the important thing is that this unnamed but probably very handsome potter eventually found his niche

Our old potting friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

mine needs a rebuild

I'm the dry leaves next under an open fire.

Hope ya' get the kids to clear those out before you start 'r up!