Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
"time for my cat pills" - me, every morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

rotor posted:

- me, every morning

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Cold on a Cob posted:

they mostly just make your piss more expensive because a lot of the vitamins people tend to be deficient in are already added to other foods but they also don’t generally hurt and can fill in deficiency gaps so I take one
Duh that's why you boof them 🙄

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

President Beep posted:

my wife says i should start taking a multivitamin but idk aren’t a bunch of them just ineffective garbage? idk.

since I stopped eating meat and dating (and marrying) a vegan my iron levels dropped because I wasn’t getting enough B12.

so now I take B12 and a shot of cherry flavored iron liquid regularily.

I love all kinds of food so giving up eating tetrapods wasn’t hard.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

had to give up meat because gastrointestinal cancer runs in my family and I’m old enough to care that I should do what I can to avoid it: don’t smoke (never did), don’t eat red meat or any kind of charcuterie (not that difficult), and the most difficult don’t get fat :sigh:.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
🤷‍♂️ dehumanise yourself and face to bloodshed 🤷‍♂️

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

"time for my cat pills" - me, every morning

my wife has to hide my pills in peanut butter or I’ll spit them out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

axolotl farmer posted:

since I stopped eating meat and dating (and marrying) a vegan my iron levels dropped because I wasn’t getting enough B12.

so now I take B12 and a shot of cherry flavored iron liquid regularily.

I love all kinds of food so giving up eating tetrapods wasn’t hard.

if you get the iron hot enough to be liquid, seems like it would be unpleasant to drink

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
other day I was looking at my immediate release insulin and thinking about how I often feel tired and drained after it. I’ve just always assumed it was the food I took the insulin for that made me feel that way, but something made me look it up and apparently some people do feel tired from insulin itself, well not any insulin but semisynthetic

I’m gonna ask the doctor for a rx for human-identical insulin and see if that changes my life

fun fact in the 30s some dude worked out that if you mix insulin with trout semen that it makes it like a slow release insulin

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
My psych put me on D3, fish oil, and a B complex. I have no idea if any of them do anything. :shrug:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i’ve brought this up elsewhere but it’s funny hat i’ve had to start eating much more meat since my body no longer processes carbs very well (i suppose i could eat seitan and hemp protein powder 24/7 but gently caress that) and i’m much much happier as a result. it does make me wonder sometimes about iron as i am a carrier for both of the kinds of genes that confer hereditary hemochromatosis. just one of each tho so it’s only a slightly elevated risk i believe.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

🤷‍♂️ dehumanise yourself and face to bloodwork 🤷‍♂️

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shoeberto posted:

My psych put me on D3, fish oil, and a B complex. I have no idea if any of them do anything. :shrug:

they’re all important for you at the very least

to get the most out of them make sure you aren’t drinking evil seed oils

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

echinopsis posted:

they’re all important for you at the very least

to get the most out of them make sure you aren’t drinking evil seed oils

No demon jizz, got it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tfw no incubus bf

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jesus, Blümchen showed up on my You Tube. (Rememberers will remember.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTuOc55_9s

e: Well, rememberers who had Viva in the late 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE4PZcUfiwE

ee: gently caress, she's two years younger than me lmao

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 21, 2021

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i take a multivitamin cause i was eating like absolute poo poo while i was unemployed. i also take a bunch of immunity boosters cause im paranoid about the rona

mediaphage posted:

i’ve brought this up elsewhere but it’s funny hat i’ve had to start eating much more meat since my body no longer processes carbs very well (i suppose i could eat seitan and hemp protein powder 24/7 but gently caress that) and i’m much much happier as a result. it does make me wonder sometimes about iron as i am a carrier for both of the kinds of genes that confer hereditary hemochromatosis. just one of each tho so it’s only a slightly elevated risk i believe.

my wife's friend was this mopey, miserable vegan and her doctor told her that her iron levels were incredibly low in addition to other issues so she started eating meat again and she's a different person

mystes
May 31, 2006

We have great "immunity boosters" for covid now but you aren't supposed to eat them.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Cat Face Joe posted:

i take a multivitamin cause i was eating like absolute poo poo while i was unemployed. i also take a bunch of immunity boosters cause im paranoid about the rona

my wife's friend was this mopey, miserable vegan and her doctor told her that her iron levels were incredibly low in addition to other issues so she started eating meat again and she's a different person

yeah i don’t think i was anemic or anything but the point remains that when you cut out big segments of food you need to plan better (which i still need to do since i don’t really eat many carbs outside of yogurt, green veg, and nuts).

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its a testament to modern food processing that you eat junk food poo poo like mcds often and actually eat quite nutricianally full food. far too energy dense and not enough fibre, but you're defo getting enough of most of what you need to be ok

obv this has to happen, if modern junk food wasnt fortified etc, the modern populace would get deathly ill from their mostly poo poo diets. but most arent suffering malnutrition disorders

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

so what you’re saying is mcdonalds is an incredibly well balanced meal?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

its a testament to modern food processing that you eat junk food poo poo like mcds often and actually eat quite nutricianally full food. far too energy dense and not enough fibre, but you're defo getting enough of most of what you need to be ok

obv this has to happen, if modern junk food wasnt fortified etc, the modern populace would get deathly ill from their mostly poo poo diets. but most arent suffering malnutrition disorders
it’s not in a dealer’s best interest to kill their junkies

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

Mcdonalds may not high quality ingredients or whatever but that doesn't really change it's nutritional value compared to other hamburgers. The idea that mcdonalds is morally inferior food and therefore they must be doing special magic for it not kill you compared to nutritionally equivalent fancy hamburgers is incredibly dumb.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s snobbery op

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mystes posted:

Mcdonalds may not high quality ingredients or whatever but that doesn't really change it's nutritional value compared to other hamburgers. The idea that mcdonalds is morally inferior food and therefore they must be doing special magic for it not kill you compared to nutritionally equivalent fancy hamburgers is incredibly dumb.

Ah it's the "empty calories" vs. "TEHRE*S NO SUCH THINK AS EMPTY CALIERO"

It's just "less good stuff per calorie" but that's far too long compared to "empty calorie". Also fancy hamburgers always suck rear end but not in a good way.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

wb ech. missed u bruv

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cls: still old.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

echinopsis posted:

if you eat the burger and skip the chips and sugar water it's pretty good

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
im thinking of getting another trackball mouse, already got logitechs mx ergo but i was thinking of something more symmetric, i was looking at the kensington expert mouse but that thing's huge! is it really that comfortable for wrist and carpal tunnel?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

im thinking of getting another trackball mouse, already got logitechs mx ergo but i was thinking of something more symmetric, i was looking at the kensington expert mouse but that thing's huge! is it really that comfortable for wrist and carpal tunnel?

do you really mouse with both hands?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

do you really mouse with both hands?

not really but just using the thumb can be tiring and if i want to rest my right hand i cant switch with the ergo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

i have one and it's good. the way it's angled is kind of bad though. my rsi comes from pressure on my wrist when it's downward facing so what i do is put the trackball on the edge of the desk so there's no room to do that. then i leave my arm on the chairs armrest and go

tbh it's not insanely better for my specific issues than a vert mouse is, but i like being able to put it in my lap and put my feet up so i stick with it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

so what you’re saying is mcdonalds is an incredibly well balanced meal?

I love McDonald’s

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I had the second pfizer vaccine dose yesterday and now every joint hurts and it feels like I was punched in the arm.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I had the second pfizer vaccine dose yesterday and now every joint hurts and it feels like I was punched in the arm.

i'm getting pfizer ii in eight days :ohdear:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

im getting my 8th pfizer shot in 2 days

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Instructions unclear. Shot a fister. In gaol, lost fingat (not mine).

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

fart simpson posted:

im getting my 8th pfizer shot in 2 days

Im tripling up on moderna, Pfizer and j&j just to be sure

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

(real talk my boss in bougie rear end Boulder CO said he knows people who are doing that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

shoeberto posted:

(real talk my boss in bougie rear end Boulder CO said he knows people who are doing that)

vac-refusers on opposite day