Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Can someone explain how he's guilty of all 3 though? I don't get how that's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

Next republican Vice President identified.
He'll likely be out in 15ish years, so timing seems about right.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
wtf pelosi

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1384621765511585793

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chin Strap posted:

Can someone explain how he's guilty of all 3 though? I don't get how that's possible.
Biden!

*click*

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Chin Strap posted:

Same way you can be guilty of armed robbery, kidnapping, assault, battery, and murder 1 in a single botched armed robbery

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Same way you can be guilty of armed robbery, kidnapping, assault, battery, and murder 1

But these read like killing killing and killing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Not clear it's an exact quote.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Chin Strap posted:

If he did murder 2 he by definition did 3 and manslaughter. It only matters if they want to throw the book at him for sentencing-often it's only the most serious charge that actually gets sentenced

e: it's easier to imagine if Chauvin was a black civilian and did the same thing to a white person- you can throw the book

or assault and battery at a barfight- you intended to do harm by throwing a punch, and also punched someone

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 20, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

what the everloving gently caress

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Chin Strap posted:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Chin Strap posted:

Different murder charges indicate different reasons/mens rea for the culprit.

Chauvin was convicted of homicide due to negligence and the 2nd degree murder charge that he intended to cause harm (but not kill) while committing a felony.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

azflyboy posted:

What does this mean for potential Federal charges for civil rights violations?

I assume "he's guilty of murder and manslaughter" would make it easier to get a conviction, but I can also see the DOJ going "meh, good enough" if the sentence is decent and just letting it go.

Civil rights suits are usually a consolation prize after a not guilty verdict, as the standard of proof for a civil suit is lower.

They could also only get monetary damages, not jail time for Chauvin.

They could pursue it here, but there isn't anything tangible to be gained by it so it's unlikely.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Chin Strap posted:

I guess Minnestoa law is different? I've seen enough episodes of Law and Order to know you can't be guilty of Murder 1 and Murder 2 or Manslaughter at the same time for the same death... in NY

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1384617783254716426

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Judge Jeanine...welcome to the Resistance

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

man this is messed up if accurate

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

He's no angel... he's Jesus

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Xand_Man posted:

He's no angel... he's Jesus
USnews: New American Holiday: George Floyd is Black Jesus

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Chin Strap posted:

I think the logic is that since second degree unintentional murder is "causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person", it also meets the requirements of something "eminently dangerous to others...without regard for life" for third degree murder, as well as "consciously taking chances causing death or great bodily harm" (second degree manslaughter)

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

I know Pelosi is pretty bad, but I'm still having a hard time believing this is accurate :stare: If it is accurate, holy poo poo, she should be removed from politics immediately. I mean, she should probably be removed from politics regardless...

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1384624260698812416?s=20

lmao this is one of the top 3 or 4 Democrats in the nation. Complete garbage of a person.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chin Strap posted:

The two lesser ones are “lesser included offenses” and basically will only matter if murder 2 is overturned on appeal.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
That statement is so bad I'm experiencing vicarious embarrassment.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Mind_Taker posted:

lmao this is one of the top 3 or 4 Democrats in the nation. Complete garbage of a person.

I can't believe she really said that. Holy poo poo. That is disgusting.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can someone in congress please direct Pelosi to the nearest retirement home?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1384617826191695873

Grouchio posted:

And the entire Democratic leadership

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I mean yeah but she's also just a ghoul who only gives a poo poo about this whole trial because it helps Democrats win votes. Just calling her an old bat isn't good enough to describe how bad she is as a person.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Don't you touch Bernie Sanders

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imagine working PR for Nancy Pelosi

e: Bernie's not a democrat, but he is very old tbh

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Cognitive decline is hard to detect in a garbage person, but it's there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/addysbaird/status/1384625270770962432

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Well he has good news, because he can celebrate Hitler while in prison writing about his life struggles with minorities

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Deteriorata posted:

Civil rights suits are usually a consolation prize after a not guilty verdict, as the standard of proof for a civil suit is lower.

They could also only get monetary damages, not jail time for Chauvin.

They could pursue it here, but there isn't anything tangible to be gained by it so it's unlikely.

I mean you can take his house and anything else he owns. Plus I’m pretty sure the murder conviction is admissible to prove the elements of wrongful death.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can we replace Pelosi? Like immediately?

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Cognitive decline is hard to detect in a garbage person, but it's there.
Nah, she's always shot her mouth off badly. At least for the past decade.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Can we replace Pelosi? Like immediately?

bUt WhO eLsE cAn WhIp VoTeS lIkE hEr

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Jota posted:

I can't believe she really said that. Holy poo poo. That is disgusting.

Completely gross. He didn't sacrifice himself, his life was stolen from him.

Grouchio posted:

Biden!

*click*

Your second comment like this. How is Biden to be credited?

Grouchio posted:

USnews: New American Holiday: George Floyd is Black Jesus

Also, if Jesus even existed he was likely black. Saying black Jesus is like saying turtle Mitch McConnell.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Sean posted:

Also, if Jesus even existed he was likely black.

What? No. Middle Easterners aren't black. Not unless you're a Victorian aristocrat who uses the n-word for anyone with darker complexion than a Welshman.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Mind_Taker posted:

bUt WhO eLsE cAn WhIp VoTeS lIkE hEr

well unfortunately when you have a caucus where over half the people are above the age of retirement, you need someone who can speak to them on their level...

I would be perfectly happy to ditch Nancy and find another senile old person to take the reigns for a bit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Mind_Taker posted:

If I'm ever murdered by police and recorded calling out for my mom and a politician uses that as some sort Trump-esque "Seriously folks how heartbreaking was that," please make the rest of their life a living hell.