Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Padical posted:

That does give some clarity on how to win the matchup, thanks for sharing it. Minions with health that are above the warlocks early and mid game damage break points seemed really key here, as well as constant face damage to put him into Alex range before his endgame stuff could save him.

yea was just trying to constantly chip him, while finding a good time to jam down runthak / rokara to turn up the pressure.

he immediately used drain soul and then cast hysteria right on the crab rider. a week ago, he might not have but everyone respects the crab rider now!

when my runthak was on board, i was expecting a roame combo or malicia so that's why i used the shield of honor to try to make him stickier.

i got lucky there was no taelan, as that would've slowed me down and as soon as that goes down, you know they have y'shaarj in hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Inn-vitational is starting at the top of the hour, on your streaming platform of choice

https://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMEi4UlZ1I

come join as various chat participants get honeypotted into outing themselves as sexist/transphobic due to the multiple recent drama events, you know aside from what usually happens in these chats

edit: yea starting now, and the replacement players were unevenly distributed :lmao: they put luna on the team that already had 3 GMs, a former GM, and Kibler

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 21, 2021

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

AnacondaHL posted:

The Inn-vitational is starting at the top of the hour, on your streaming platform of choice

https://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMEi4UlZ1I

come join as various chat participants get honeypotted into outing themselves as sexist/transphobic due to the multiple recent drama events, you know aside from what usually happens in these chats
For those out of the loop, blizzard's lineup for this 16 player tournament was fourteen men and two women. There were complaints, so Kripp & RegisKillbin dropped out to allow two more women in. One of the added women, Luna, is trans so chat will be Exciting.
https://twitter.com/AvellineHS/status/1384327389405196292

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I have never once had chat open during any Hearthstone broadcast because uhhhhhhhhhhh *stares at the Hearthstone community, stares back*

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Beasteh posted:

I have never once had chat open during any Hearthstone broadcast because uhhhhhhhhhhh *stares at the Hearthstone community, stares back*

This is part of why Pathra quit

https://twitter.com/Pathra/status/1384615053761024003?s=20

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'd like to know the Hearthstone streamer that hasn't been bagged on it chat. Any time there is unmoderated chat it gets toxic. It's a shame because then you lose the moments where chat goes super crazy when something cool happens but that's <insert online game> community for you.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I wanna tune in and support some of the smaller streamers, but my mainstay Dog is the only one playing an interesting deck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wow it’s so weird that trying to court twitch viewers leads to the absolute worst communities in the world

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Gobbeldygook posted:

One of the added women, Luna, is trans so chat will be Exciting.

jfc, these dumb fucks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Why's everyone playing priest? good lord

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Why's everyone playing priest? good lord

Decks were required to have at least 10 Barrens cards in them, leading to this diluted slightly slower format

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

While I'm sure most people brought boring-rear end priest decks, it looked worse than it was because every streamer I follow was observing the same priest mirror.

Dog started playing Slay the Spire overlayed on top of it, lol

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha that was quite the opening hand but going full value against a face deck is not the greatest idea.

If you can't read the history
turn 1 coin -> innervate -> wild growth -> lightning Bloom -> innervate -> wild growth

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Priest metas are a surefire way of getting me to quit Hearthstone

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

Priest metas are a surefire way of getting me to quit Hearthstone

they need to show this live, so that we can all suffer and stand united. perhaps then, they'll finally do something about it.

it's only gonna get worse as more and more people will look up priest decks to play since they saw [insert their favorite streamer here] doing it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What's a good counter to Rush Warrior? Keeps kicking my rear end as Secret Pally and Face Hunter.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's a good counter to Rush Warrior? Keeps kicking my rear end as Secret Pally and Face Hunter.

rush warrior, warlocks, priests, and otk dh.

sometimes druid can pop off and go nuts - if you can't take back control of the board, then that's it.

secret pally might do better at lower ranks, but it wasn't very good when i was in diamond trying to get to legend. face hunter games are quick at least but it seems right now to climb more successfully you need a deck that can out value / trade against the more straight up aggro decks.

if you can take advantage of rush warrior now to climb, i think you should before things shift again. or at least alternate with another deck so you can try to keep moving up.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
you better believe i'm hitting rokara's Coward! emote whenever my opponent concedes

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

peer posted:

you better believe i'm hitting rokara's Coward! emote whenever my opponent concedes

i didn't realize that the voice lines would be different even if it was the same hero (i.e. jaina). in hindsight, i would've done things differently re: the last tavern pass.

however, given their recent trend of re-releasing stuff in the shop, these heroes might come around again (eventually).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Last King posted:

OTK DH is not a counter, Rush warrior minions get too big like a Paladin and put on too much pressure about a turn earlier than DH wants. (e.g. Rush Warrior's ability to build a huge board leading into turn 6 Skull is too much to handle)

Spell mage is a soft counter, but really only Control Priest and Warlock can fight Rush Warrior.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Last King posted:

sometimes druid can pop off and go nuts - if you can't take back control of the board, then that's it.

secret pally might do better at lower ranks, but it wasn't very good when i was in diamond trying to get to legend. face hunter games are quick at least but it seems right now to climb more successfully you need a deck that can out value / trade against the more straight up aggro decks.

if you can take advantage of rush warrior now to climb, i think you should before things shift again. or at least alternate with another deck so you can try to keep moving up.

At 69% right now with Secret Pally in Diamond, so still seems to work for me. I had switched to Face Hunter cause I was getting wrecked by Druid, then switched back cause of Rush Warrior, then won 5 in a row with Secret Pally, including against 2 Druids.

Just normal variance I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok I think Crabrider might be a problem. 4 health on Turn 2 is hard to deal with and if it gets buffed it's basically game over.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Control Warlocks being able to destroy an entire deck’s with of minions without ever playing one themselves is loving toxic, and I hope someone at least has the decency to feel embarrassed about it. It’s like you’re playing Chess vs someone who has decided to play Twister on the board.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
They need to print some poo poo one drops. First day of school is just way too good right now.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah, first day of school is another symptom of the same problem that made deck of lunacy unfun - there are less lovely cards in the format now. brode was right all along,..

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I’m inclined to agree that the priest value train is too strong atm. But part of the issue is that many of the enablers are neutral cards. The scorpid I think is just a super problematic card in general. I could see that going to 4 or even 5 mana with a stat increase to make it less chainable into board clears or whatever.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm just glad that my boy Ogremancer finally has his time in the sun

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is it the venomous that pushes Scorpid over? We had the not-very-problematic Vulpera Scoundrel in Uldum, and they're side grades of each other.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Obviously the poison tag is good, but Discovering a spell is also a straight upgrade to Scoundrel's gimmick.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

Obviously the poison tag is good, but Discovering a spell is also a straight upgrade to Scoundrel's gimmick.

I only just realised Scorpid only discovers spells :downs:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

GTO posted:

37 vs warrior
47 vs priest
56 vs hunter
70s+ vs all the others

My win rate with the OP paladin deck has dropped like a rock because I keep running into Priest and Warrior around D3. 9 of 10 last matches were priest or warrior.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 22, 2021

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

My win rate with the OP paladin deck has dropped like a rock because I keep running into Priest and Warrior around D3. 9 of 10 last matches were priest or warrior.

i feel ya... after i saw those stats posted yesterday i swapped over to rush warrior and just spent the day learning the deck and trying to grind ranks.

i don't mind losing a bunch of games, but when it's priest after priest... those are the worst.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Any good DH poo poo? I see some decks being played and I'm like 45 wins from the 509 win portrait.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Devo posted:

They need to print some poo poo one drops. First day of school is just way too good right now.

I've gotten Safety Inspector and Soulbound Ashtongue off of it enough times that it pisses me off. Sometimes at the same time. When I'm holding the Coin.

Ashtongue is OK if you also have Hand of A'Dal in hand (haw) but Inspector has got to be the worst card in the game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

First Day of School increases Paladin's winrate in the sense that it's a card that smooths out the curve of the most curvestone class in the game, but it doesn't dominate games the way Pen Flinger did, for example. It just looks like the definition of "staple, but not game breaking" to me. So I really don't get why it's being laser focused right now.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Make Ice Block undiscoverable

Glyph into magic trick into ice block, gently caress you

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

First Day of School increases Paladin's winrate in the sense that it's a card that smooths out the curve of the most curvestone class in the game, but it doesn't dominate games the way Pen Flinger did, for example. It just looks like the definition of "staple, but not game breaking" to me. So I really don't get why it's being laser focused right now.

Because the mulligan win% is high, a couple points above every other card in Paladin except for nerfed Sword, which is one of the metrics that mostly aligns with how Blizz handles these nerfs, and also nerfed Sword is flying under the radar but it's still quite strong

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Because the mulligan win% is high, a couple points above every other card in Paladin except for nerfed Sword, which is one of the metrics that mostly aligns with how Blizz handles these nerfs, and also nerfed Sword is flying under the radar but it's still quite strong

Nerfed sword feels within the realm of acceptable power level for cards, I think it’s pretty comparable to phase stalker specifically

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Rush Warrior is on the rise, and yeah it really does seem like it just loving clocks Secret Paladin. That said, I'm pretty sure the Libram version would beat it, but I don't really have a lot of experience in that matchup on either end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I would put money on Crab Rider going to 3 health.