Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Real hurthling! posted:

Like 60 hrs to beat. Double that to do everything

It's cool that some people like these games so much and put in this many hours into these AC games, but I found Origins and Odyssey to be filled with so much bloat and filler that I have pretty much no motivation to try Valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Weren’t the cops super intense in LA Noire trying to prevent people from going all Grand Theft Auto on their beautifully crafted world?

Like you double park your car and BUSTED.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BGrifter posted:

Weren’t the cops super intense in LA Noire trying to prevent people from going all Grand Theft Auto on their beautifully crafted world?

Like you double park your car and BUSTED.

Nah, but you get a lower ranking if you hit anyone or anything. So you just make your partner drive instead and the game becomes much better.

Mafia 3, though, you play a black guy in the sixties so you get murdered by the police for speeding or defending yourself when white people assault you or even thinking about walking into a police station.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's a very good reason that the "look up this character's skirt" trophy would be worse in Nier than in Automata, to the point that it legitimately really sucks.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Here's a crazy one, that is not PS5 specific, since it happens on PS4 (and my PS3 as well...). Every 2 hours, almost to the minute, I get dropped from PSN / booted from chats. Depending on how the game is coded I can either have a moment of lag (Rocket League) or get booted completely (Outriders.) I can instantly reconnect, so the "outage" is momentary. It's not 2 hours clock time (like 8pm, 10pm, 12am...) but 2 hours from when I turn on my PS5. So if I fire it up at 5:23, I will drop at 7:23, 9:23, etc. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lumpy posted:

Here's a crazy one, that is not PS5 specific, since it happens on PS4 (and my PS3 as well...). Every 2 hours, almost to the minute, I get dropped from PSN / booted from chats. Depending on how the game is coded I can either have a moment of lag (Rocket League) or get booted completely (Outriders.) I can instantly reconnect, so the "outage" is momentary. It's not 2 hours clock time (like 8pm, 10pm, 12am...) but 2 hours from when I turn on my PS5. So if I fire it up at 5:23, I will drop at 7:23, 9:23, etc. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

I’d suspect your router’s doing something screwy with IP assignment. Maybe reboot all your network crap (router/modem/etc) and see if that helps.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sounds like you've got a gamer ghost.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah it's gotta be an issue with your home network. Troubleshooting that stuff can be a lot of work so I'd try upgrading your router if it's more than a few years old, especially if you're on wifi.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Dewgy posted:

I’d suspect your router’s doing something screwy with IP assignment. Maybe reboot all your network crap (router/modem/etc) and see if that helps.

acksplode posted:

Yeah it's gotta be an issue with your home network. Troubleshooting that stuff can be a lot of work so I'd try upgrading your router if it's more than a few years old, especially if you're on wifi.

Hmm. My Router is ~1.5 years old, my PS5 is wired and has a static IP (and is in the router's DMZ) but I will reboot things, and if that helps, I'll just turn it on and off again a lot!!

elf help book posted:

Sounds like you've got a gamer ghost.

:ghost:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gutcruncher posted:

drat who would’ve thought Yoko “I love asses” Taro would once again include upskirt cheevs

Skeevy cheevies

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Lobok posted:

Skeevy cheevies

:discourse:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Hmm. My Router is ~1.5 years old, my PS5 is wired and has a static IP (and is in the router's DMZ) but I will reboot things, and if that helps, I'll just turn it on and off again a lot!!

Check what your DHCP lease time is on your router. If it's two hours, bump it to 24 or 90d or something and see what happens. I understand that you say you have a static IP assigned, but:

1. Sometimes people think "fixed DHCP address reservation" is the same thing as "static IP" (probably not the problem)
2. Sometimes the people who write the code that runs on routers do terrible, terrible, things (maybe the problem)

Also consider not using the DMZ setting, it's rarely a good idea or necessary.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lumpy posted:

:ghost:

Honestly the thing to understand with routers and network equipment is it’s incredible that they work at all, regardless of age.

Even though you’ll more or less never use it to the full extent of its capabilities, IPv4 has 256^4 potential address assignments and 65536 potential port assignments for each packet going to one of those addresses, and that means there’s a ton of room for errors to happen.

Rebooting it runs a bunch of processes to help declutter the whole lot, so even if it’s new (or new-ish) hardware it’s worth a shot.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is it safe to run ps4 games off the external now?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Waroduce posted:

I have been running my PS4 games off my HDD external exclusively since December. I haven't had any issues.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Waroduce posted:

Yeah. Just set the USB power setting to always on. That seems to cause some issues anecdotally.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

y’all think we’ll get a TLOUS2 PS5 update?

Thought we’d see that before the remake of 1 :lofty:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Will probably come with multiplayer.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I had some hard drive troubles when I first got my PS5 that I assume came mostly from the system transfer, besides that no issues running all my PS4 games off the external. I only tell the system to power USB for three hours in sleep mode, and it just seems to work. Guess I’m lucky

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Like without too many spoilers is there something to read / watch on the difference between Dad Neir and this new one coming out? I vaguely remember the Dad Nier story but I’m not sure what this remake is.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Given ND's history I'd say the chances are 90%+ that we get a native PS5 port of the game with some type of raytracing. I'd also be willing to bet Factions 2 will be in the package but they've been so cagey these past couple of years that it's hard to know how connected the projects are.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a-6vaUxvb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1gAGDJDHk

I guess the ... preview embargo just lifted?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 22, 2021

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I have a physical copy, because I wanted the statuette.

Not sure if I'll bust through it or not before any sort of major update

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

you think youtube will ever up its bit rate? cause this footage looks pretty crap. channels can upload in higher resolutions, but that can be a headache for them.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MarcusSA posted:

Like without too many spoilers is there something to read / watch on the difference between Dad Neir and this new one coming out? I vaguely remember the Dad Nier story but I’m not sure what this remake is.

Dad Nier (Gestalt) and Bro Nier (Replicant) are essentially identical apart from the main character’s biological relationship to the little girl character (Yonah).

The plot takes on a different tone in a few ways from the difference (mostly in how the MC and Kaine’s relationship works out), but the events and dialogue are pretty much the same in both.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does Returnal feel like a 70 dollar game?

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Eagerly awaiting to play the new $70 game when its free on ps+ :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Dad Nier (Gestalt) and Bro Nier (Replicant) are essentially identical apart from the main character’s biological relationship to the little girl character (Yonah).

The plot takes on a different tone in a few ways from the difference (mostly in how the MC and Kaine’s relationship works out), but the events and dialogue are pretty much the same in both.

Oh interesting thanks! Looking forward to playing it since I really did like Dad Nier.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/BlessingJr/status/1385020830304727043

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That seems to answer my question of "Does this feel like a $70 game," I am getting hyped again...

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm gonna buy the $70 game at launch but I'll be making this face when I check out :whitewater:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Returnal is gonna be fun

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

oh my god i knew it was hades x vanquish but it's apparently hades x vanquish only you not only get new combat abilities you also get new traversal abilities so it's a hades x vanquish x metroidvania.

into my veins

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that "I played 2 hours" vid sold me on it I think

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It even has Souls bloodstains lol and literally the Hades Pierced Butterfly, this all sounds very cool

Melee looks sweet, I wasn't expecting that

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Combat looks pretty sweet, a bit like Control with a bit more variety in enemies and what they throw at you.

I'm curious about its length and replayability if i'm shelling out the 70$ for it (yikes 76$ after tax if going physical)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Yeahhhhh, I really like SpillCup and his being so enthusiastically bullish has me ready to drop dime. Waiting for his and other reviews all the same but so long as he doesn't change his tune, I'm about to pay full price for a game which happens ~1% of the time with me, maybe a little less.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

It reminds me a lot of Risk of Rain 2 which rules but also that game's only 25 bucks hmm

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rinkles posted:

you think youtube will ever up its bit rate? cause this footage looks pretty crap. channels can upload in higher resolutions, but that can be a headache for them.

This thread just recently decided that it’s a bad idea to want to get HD video off their PS5 and it’s good to only be able to get compressed files through Twitter uploads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yup, I'm buying this.

The moment he said that the overall theme and aesthetic design felt like Prometheus it just ficked a switch in my head.