Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

Guardians 1 is great but I'll never forgive it for killing Peter Serafinowicz.

It's okay, he's living his best life in The Tick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Civil War would've been so much better as a miniseries. :( It has no real room to breathe and the conflict escalates way too quickly. Most of the characters just arbitrarily pick a side for no real reason.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 21, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Codependent Poster posted:

I dunno, I think that you can get "the last remaining Nova has all the power and knowledge of them" going pretty easily since they were wiped out. We don't know much of anything about Guardians 3, so it's possible Nova might be there. I don't think Nova is off the table at all.

The main thing I'm curious about for Guardians 3 is what James Gunn originally had planned vs. what he had to change due to Gamora's character reset in Infinity War/Endgame. Like, I'm sure they told him before the screening or whatever, but I'm curious when he knew. I know he said he had 3 movies planned (assuming he got to make them), but was that part of the original plan? Like, did he know that was happening way back then?

Floppychop posted:

It's okay, he's living his best life in The Tick.

Boy do I have bad news.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Watched Captain Marvel in a dollar theatre and a the person next to me kept rocking back and forth in the seat and the whole row could feel it.

I decided that when i saw Endgame i would buy 2 extra seats for either side of us so that i wouldnt be next to anyone and i could enjoy it peacefully.

The absolute first showing in my town was in 4D and i didnt k ow what that meant but i bought 4 tix (they came in 4 seat blocks which turned out to be foreshadowing) and the two of us sat in the middle of what was basically an amusement park ride for 3 hours while it tilted every direction and we felt every punch.

Luckily i had booked us a double feature with the 2nd showing in an imax with normal seats.

Rating: 2/10 haven't seen a 4d movie since.

Whenever I see 4dx stuff advertised it literally makes me think of this sketch. "We'll tell them they want stuff blown in their faces, to get whip lash and feel like a three year old has been kicking them in the back for two hours - and we'll double the price!"

https://youtu.be/UgSORyrcHJo

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Boy do I have bad news.

Did they loving cancel it?

edit: they loving did. goddammit. Peter Serafinowicz was amazing in it.

\/ shows my lack of staying up to date on stuff biting me in the rear end again. Like when I fell in love with Dead Like Me 3 years after it was cancelled \/

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 21, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Floppychop posted:

edit: they loving did. goddammit. Peter Serafinowicz was amazing in it.

Oh man, I thought you were making a joke. Sorry you had to find out this way. I probably would have used more tact. Yeah, it was great, but it was cancelled almost 2 years ago.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Rating: 2/10 haven't seen a 4d movie since.

lol Watched John Wick 2, if I remember correctly, on a 4D. The car chase felt awesome, I was just laughing like a dork. I wonder how Gravity would had feel in something like that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Marsupial Ape posted:

Are we team Lady Sif or team Darcy?

Imagine restricting her to just one partner smh

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

stev posted:

Civil War would've been so much better as a miniseries. :( It has no real to breathe and the conflict escalates way too quickly. Most of the characters just arbitrarily pick a side for no real reason.

Civil War stands out to me as the single worst written movie in the series. Steve in particular is written extremely weird and Tony becomes a truly ridiculous caricature of the grieving orphan. The entire film exists as a vehicle for the Avengers to fight each other but the actual scenes in which the characters are talking to each other are so clumsy and awkward.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Its Rinaldo posted:

Imagine restricting her to just one partner smh

Hey, this a normie neoliberal thread! You can be LGBTQ all day long, but you have to be in a committed monogamous relationship, just like the plain ol’ cis straight folks.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Civil War stands out to me as the single worst written movie in the series. Steve in particular is written extremely weird and Tony becomes a truly ridiculous caricature of the grieving orphan. The entire film exists as a vehicle for the Avengers to fight each other but the actual scenes in which the characters are talking to each other are so clumsy and awkward.

They also failed to hype up the super soldier red herrings so no one cared when Zemo killed them. But the T'Challa stuff is good.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Marsupial Ape posted:

Hey, this a normie neoliberal thread! You can be LGBTQ all day long, but you have to be in a committed monogamous relationship, just like the plain ol’ cis straight folks.

Gross, loving sex haver

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Marsupial Ape posted:

Are we team Lady Sif or team Darcy?

May Parker or fight me.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Disney And Sony Reach Windows Deal That Can Sling ‘Spider-Man’ To Disney+ For First Time Along With Reach Across Hulu, ABC, FX & More

https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-sony-streaming-spider-man-disney-plus-1234741215/

Disney and Sony have reached a multi-year deal for the post-pay-1 release window, a pact that will make Spider-Man and other major franchises eligible to stream on Disney+ for the first time.

The flagship streaming service and Hulu are among many platforms covered by the agreement, which the official announcement called “unprecedented.” A host of platforms under the Disney tent are involved, including ABC, FX, Freeform. No specific plans for Disney+ have yet been finalized, but Marvel fans had been wondering when Spidey and others would appear alongside the rest of the streaming stable. For complicated legal reasons, the franchise has not been a full-fledged member of the Disney-controlled Marvel Cinematic Universe.

https://twitter.com/frankpallotta/status/1384969318857908233

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

thrawn527 posted:

The main thing I'm curious about for Guardians 3 is what James Gunn originally had planned vs. what he had to change due to Gamora's character reset in Infinity War/Endgame. Like, I'm sure they told him before the screening or whatever, but I'm curious when he knew. I know he said he had 3 movies planned (assuming he got to make them), but was that part of the original plan? Like, did he know that was happening way back then?
Gunn has talked on Twitter about how he had to change things up from his original plans, but I can't remember offhand how specific he got, probably not very since Guardians 3 hasn't even started filming. He was a little involved in the writing process for Infinity War/Endgame so he probably knew before he started to write Guardians 3, but I could also be misremembering.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He could easily just give Gamora a bunch of off screen development if he really wanted to reset her to her Guardians 2 position. It's not like character consistency between films has ever been a thing in the MCU.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

The Last Call posted:

Disney And Sony Reach Windows Deal That Can Sling ‘Spider-Man’ To Disney+ For First Time Along With Reach Across Hulu, ABC, FX & More

https://deadline.com/2021/04/disney-sony-streaming-spider-man-disney-plus-1234741215/

Disney and Sony have reached a multi-year deal for the post-pay-1 release window, a pact that will make Spider-Man and other major franchises eligible to stream on Disney+ for the first time.

The flagship streaming service and Hulu are among many platforms covered by the agreement, which the official announcement called “unprecedented.” A host of platforms under the Disney tent are involved, including ABC, FX, Freeform. No specific plans for Disney+ have yet been finalized, but Marvel fans had been wondering when Spidey and others would appear alongside the rest of the streaming stable. For complicated legal reasons, the franchise has not been a full-fledged member of the Disney-controlled Marvel Cinematic Universe.

some of the headlines make this less than clear, but this deal is literally just for Sony Pictures' film library and upcoming theatrical slate. it has no direct impact on the possibility of something like, say, a Spider-Man Disney+ series, except I guess insofar as a good relationship between Disney and Sony makes that a bit more plausible down the road

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

stev posted:

He could easily just give Gamora a bunch of off screen development if he really wanted to reset her to her Guardians 2 position. It's not like character consistency between films has ever been a thing in the MCU.

Alternate Gamora falling in love with Quill off screen would be noticed.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

The Last Call posted:

Does that change where Spider-Man Far From Home is available to watch (without paying extra) at all?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

stev posted:

But the Guardians movies are inherently about family, and Gamora's whole arc has been about finding her family with the Guardians. Endgame ends with her off on her own, not knowing the Guardians at all, and Peter off to find her. What you're describing would require us to find the Guardians having found Gamora in between movies, and having had a similar arc as before that we didn't see. And that would be incredibly cheap and bullshit.

I think Gunn is going to have to start with Gamora and the Guardians still separated, at the very least. Whatever development she may have had off screen, her arc of having grown with her "family" is gone. (With some growth with Nebula, and having successfully broken off from Thanos, so she's not exactly at square one.)

I rewatched Guardians 2 last week, and liked it even more than I did the first time (when I already really liked it), but had a hard time figuring out how they're going to square where that movie left off and where they need to pick up Gamora's story line after Endgame. The whole crew had a lot of growth in that movie, Gamora included, and Infinity War/Endgame kind of said, "Nah, gently caress it."

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 21, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

thrawn527 posted:

But the Guardians movies are inherently about family, and Gamora's whole arc has been about finding her family with the Guardians. Endgame ends with her off on her own, not knowing the Guardians at all, and Peter off to find her. What you're describing would require us to find the Guardians having found Gamora in between movies, and having had a similar arc as before that we didn't see. And that would be incredibly cheap and bullshit.

I think Gunn is going to have to start with Gamora and the Guardians still separated, at the very least. Whatever development she may have had off screen, her arc of having grown with her "family" is gone. (With some growth with Nebula, and having successfully broken off from Thanos, so she's not exactly at square one.)

I rewatched Guardians 2 last week, and liked it even more than I did the first time (when already really liked it), but had a hard time figuring out how they're going to square where that movie left off and where they need to pick up Gamora's story line after Endgame. The whole crew had a lot of growth in that movie, Gamora included, and Infinity War/Endgame kind of said, "Nah, gently caress it."

I was mostly being facetious but I think there's realistically going to have to be a bit of fudging. The choices really are for Gamora to just be an entirely different character forever (which could drastically change the direction of the next film and any other potential appearances afterwards) or speed aspects of her development up to get her where she needs to be. Neither are ideal.

Do we know which of the Guardians (if any) are going to appear in Thor 4? I'm sure Gunn and Watiti could work together to bridge some of those gaps if need be.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

stev posted:

I was mostly being facetious but I think there's realistically going to have to be a bit of fudging. The choices really are for Gamora to just be an entirely different character forever (which could drastically change the direction of the next film and any other potential appearances afterwards) or speed aspects of her development up to get her where she needs to be. Neither are ideal.

Do we know which of the Guardians (if any) are going to appear in Thor 4? I'm sure Gunn and Watiti could work together to bridge some of those gaps if need be.

All but Gamora are in Thor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Everyone posted:

May Parker or fight me.

I still think it's kinda hilarious that half the internet decided the Aunt May from Spider-Verse was gay because she said one line about Doc Ock and I guess because she was played by Lily Tomlin?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope they don't bring Gamora and Quill back together in Vol. 3, so the GotG Holiday Special has that powerful 'separated parents tolerating Christmas together for the sake of their kids' energy

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Gaz-L posted:

I still think it's kinda hilarious that half the internet decided the Aunt May from Spider-Verse was gay because she said one line about Doc Ock and I guess because she was played by Lily Tomlin?

It's pretty obvious.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Firebert posted:

I hope they don't bring Gamora and Quill back together in Vol. 3, so the GotG Holiday Special has that powerful 'separated parents tolerating Christmas together for the sake of their kids' energy

Gamora doesn't know any of them except new Nebula.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Floppychop posted:

They cancelled it because it was like the third most expensive show of all time due to the idiots in charge deciding that they needed to photoshop it frame by frame to remove the seams from ticks outfit

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The_Doctor posted:

:same:

It is TYOOL 2021, 14 years into the MCU, and they’re still creeping around gay issues because ???? Afraid of angering China and some loving online chuds?

By the time Fiege wrested creative control from Ike “gays, blacks, and women aren’t bankable” Perlmutter, they were deep into producing Infinity War is basically the reason.

Blaming it on China was basically Ike throwing his mate Donnie a solid in the propaganda arm of the trade war.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

live with fruit posted:

Gamora doesn't know any of them except new Nebula.

Nebula's gonna probably be the key. She's now made the heroic turn Gamora did, maybe even more. She's an Avenger. She spent 5 years during the Blip being a hero. So now she's presumably reaching out to Gamora. And Gamora's presumably still the basically good person who turned against Thanos at the start of Guardians 1. So its not like she needs as much work as Nebula. Its not hard to imagine that if she ends up back with the Guardians again she'll bond with them again. It won't be exactly the same and that will be awkward for people, especially Quill.

So I think you have the Guardians and Thor and make a subplot that they're looking for Gamora, and then they catch up with her in Guardians 3 and try to get her back on the team while Quill comes to terms with the "breakup."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Nebula's gonna probably be the key. She's now made the heroic turn Gamora did, maybe even more. She's an Avenger. She spent 5 years during the Blip being a hero. So now she's presumably reaching out to Gamora. And Gamora's presumably still the basically good person who turned against Thanos at the start of Guardians 1. So its not like she needs as much work as Nebula. Its not hard to imagine that if she ends up back with the Guardians again she'll bond with them again. It won't be exactly the same and that will be awkward for people, especially Quill.

So I think you have the Guardians and Thor and make a subplot that they're looking for Gamora, and then they catch up with her in Guardians 3 and try to get her back on the team while Quill comes to terms with the "breakup."

And Waititi didn't sign on for Love and Thunder till after Endgame came out so he started writing knowing about the Asguardians.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’d love to see this MCU chronological edit.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Lots of YouTube videos on this, and lots of Odin in the first 10 minutes or so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

live with fruit posted:

Lots of YouTube videos on this, and lots of Odin in the first 10 minutes or so.

I can find lots of videos with people talking over it all and explaining it. I don't need it explained, just do the editing and show me!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

The_Doctor posted:

its 25 hours long and has a 10GB file of just credits lol

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The Last Call posted:

I'm not "Wait. Huh?" I'm "God-mother-loving dammit!" because about four weeks previous to this I bought Homecoming, Far From Home and MCU Hulk through Amazon Prime. So that's money wasted.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

STAC Goat posted:

Nebula's gonna probably be the key. She's now made the heroic turn Gamora did, maybe even more. She's an Avenger. She spent 5 years during the Blip being a hero.

Nebula really is an interesting character. A lot of justifiable pathos with a genuine redemption arc. Also, as a self loathing depressive, I imagine that getting to kill a previous worse version of yourself has to be incredibly cathartic. I bet it tastes like the best birthday cake.

I’d actually like to see a team up between Nebula and Bucky. They have a lot of trauma in common and would be pretty good friends and that would be nice. Is there a fandom word for wanting to characters to be friends? I’m still bummed that MCU Cap and Daredevil got to hang out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A new Modok trailer dropped today, and has Jon Hamm as Iron Man, which is casting I can approve of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEWdhHBlYU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The_Doctor posted:

A new Modok trailer dropped today, and has Jon Hamm as Iron Man, which is casting I can approve of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEWdhHBlYU

And Nathan Fillion as Wonder Man!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does John Walker have any means to get to where the action is going to be or is close enough to walk to it or something? I mean he has his new contact, but other than that all I'm seeing is JW seeing the news and then all the action scenes in the finale being interspersed with him trying to get through airport security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does John Walker have any means to get to where the action is going to be or is close enough to walk to it or something? I mean he has his new contact, but other than that all I'm seeing is JW seeing the news and then all the action scenes in the finale being interspersed with him trying to get through airport security.

Wanda Maximoff teleports everybody together within the general vicinity because there's nothing good on multi-versal TV (Ball Fondlers was a rerun) and she was bored.