Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sourdough Sam posted:

I still chuckle every time I remember that Daddy-O was the first movie John Williams ever scored.

"Oh no! John Williams BEFORE he heard Stravinsky!"

It's still really funny that the music for Space Mutiny was done by Mark Mancina, protege of Hans Zimmer, two-time Grammy winner, and composer of films like Tarzan, Brother Bear, Twister, Speed, and Moana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I can remember what movie it is but a mst3k riff that always stuck with me is this character jumping to the ground from a table or something and when he lands crow goes “Ow....my ankle” in like a seductive voice. Anyone know what im talking about? Its too vague for google

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Let's celebrate with pure dairy butter, big handfuls of it

relax, have some margarine, boss

runnypoops posted:

I can remember what movie it is but a mst3k riff that always stuck with me is this character jumping to the ground from a table or something and when he lands crow goes “Ow....my ankle” in like a seductive voice. Anyone know what im talking about? Its too vague for google

danger death ray

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

nishi koichi posted:

danger death ray

Is that the one where one of the bad guys looks like Prince? I get my 60s spy movies confused.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Thats the one! Thanks man i love this website <3

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Is that the one where one of the bad guys looks like Prince? I get my 60s spy movies confused.

that's agent for h.a.r.m, danger death ray's the one with bart fargo and the cool music

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

~watermelon maaaan~

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

nishi koichi posted:

that's agent for h.a.r.m, danger death ray's the one with bart fargo and the cool music

:hmmyes: thank you. Secret Agent Super Dragon also had cool music so this will be an ongoing problem for me.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

:hmmyes: thank you. Secret Agent Super Dragon also had cool music so this will be an ongoing problem for me.

i know right, so many cheesy flicks with boss tunes on this show

starting at 38:57 (link should go straight to it), my favorite song in this one. what a groove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBZC8KWUdQ

e. i guess embed and specific timecode links don't work, ah well

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 21, 2021

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

nishi koichi posted:

Sack-a monkeys in my pocket, my sister's ready to go

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

nishi koichi posted:

he TRIED TO KILL ME WITH A FORKLIFT

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i freely admit to digging "mass confusion" and all the other songs in "the hellcats"

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

A lot of really talented people get their starts in b movies, and the MST3K films are no example.

For instance, the princess from Cave Dwellers went on to a very successful visual effects career, helping to digitally restore the original copy of Snow White, being nominated for an Oscar for her team's vfx work in the Super Mario Bros. movie, serving as the CG supervisor for the video game Parasite Eve, producing the cinematic sequences for the video game The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and is possibly now a bigwig at Prima games.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

lol

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I love the satellite crew reprise at the end of the second "movie"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
Paging Mr. Fart Bar--Bart Fargo...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A lot of really talented people get their starts in b movies, and the MST3K films are no example.

For instance, the princess from Cave Dwellers went on to a very successful visual effects career, helping to digitally restore the original copy of Snow White, being nominated for an Oscar for her team's vfx work in the Super Mario Bros. movie, serving as the CG supervisor for the video game Parasite Eve, producing the cinematic sequences for the video game The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and is possibly now a bigwig at Prima games.

And it all began with gadding about wearing a hubcap.

I have a friend who used to work as a valet at a hotel in Los Angeles. One of his coworkers was Steven Boggs, who played Kyle (don't let them hurt my red shorts!) in Hobgoblins. I lost my god drat mind when I learned this a few years ago.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

A Fancy Hat posted:

Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders might be my favorite episode. That movie is so weird, constantly bouncing from kid-friendly goofiness to brutal murders and tales of guys getting turned into babies for their infertile wives.

I also still think about " Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you." and laugh to myself.

That episode is fantastic. Every so often the line "Bonjour my friend" pops into my head and makes me chuckle.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Captain Joe, lookin' kinda slow

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Trace and Frank livestreams are low tech but fun.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Hazo posted:

It's still really funny that the music for Space Mutiny was done by Mark Mancina, protege of Hans Zimmer, two-time Grammy winner, and composer of films like Tarzan, Brother Bear, Twister, Speed, and Moana.

Some of the crappy Italian movies they riffed were scored by Ennio Morricone as well. "Operation: Double 007" and "Danger Diabolik" I think.

No shame in being a working composer lol.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Sourdough Sam posted:

Some of the crappy Italian movies they riffed were scored by Ennio Morricone as well. "Operation: Double 007" and "Danger Diabolik" I think.

The Danger Diabolik music is so phoned in, too.

Let me play you my lick.
Does this bug you at all?
Gotta practice my lick.
Only one hour more.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sourdough Sam posted:

I love Operation: Double 007 and that the villain in it is also the villain in Danger Diabolik. And that the villain in Space Mutiny is the hero in Danger Dabolik.

Da-na-na-na-na-na

Da-na-na-na-na-na

Da-na-na-na-na-na

Da-na-na-na-na-na

Now the Danger Diabolik theme is stuck in your head.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
And speaking of Danger: Diabolik, Aldofo Celi was the bad guy in both that MST3K movie as well as Operation Double 007 (the first ever MST3K episode I ever watched), in addition to appearing in Thunderball. So he got to act with both Connery brothers :v:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Mike Patton did a cover of the "Deep Deep Down" song too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUrzMeS4xg

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Danger Diabolik is a legit good movie.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

muscles like this! posted:

The Trace and Frank livestreams are low tech but fun.
This past one was the first for me and I liked it, but Frank is really loud.

nishi koichi posted:

starting at 38:57 (link should go straight to it), my favorite song in this one. what a groove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBZC8KWUdQ

e. i guess embed and specific timecode links don't work, ah well
I love the main theme. I would kill for the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnBOmHK3J0

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

All these mentions of recurring actors and no one remembers Ross Hagen from Sidehackers and one or my blackout drunk favorites, The Hellcats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyQg2D06Jw

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

nishi koichi posted:

And the death ray that was built for peaceful purposes only.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

All these mentions of recurring actors and no one remembers Ross Hagen from Sidehackers and one or my blackout drunk favorites, The Hellcats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyQg2D06Jw

Chili peppers burn my gut

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Danger Diabolik is a legit good movie.

This is probably as good a place as any to share a painting I spotted at a shop in Montreal way back in 2015. I had to sneak this photo because the shop actually had a sign posted on the door that specifically said "NO PHOTOS". If I could have figured out how to get it back home to the States, it would have been worth every single one of the $400 CAD they wanted for it.

One of the games I like to play with MST episodes is "find the re-used musical scores." The first one that comes immediately to mind is that the opening theme from Robot Holocaust is also used in Laserblast. The music from This Island Earth I think is used in at least one other episode, and if I remember right there's a fair amount of other overlap between several of the 50's B-movies that they did.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

nishi koichi posted:

Even though the way they riff on it is one of the all-time best moments on the show, the end credits song from Final Justice is a genuine banger.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I loved the song at the end of Cry Wilderness that encouraged you to not try anything because you're almost certainly just going to fail. They try to slip in the part about it being good to have a dream, but it's such an afterthought to the relentless DON'T TRY message.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I loved the song at the end of Cry Wilderness that encouraged you to not try anything because you're almost certainly just going to fail. They try to slip in the part about it being good to have a dream, but it's such an afterthought to the relentless DON'T TRY message.

I unironically enjoy this fatalistic pop-country ballad.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

ya git a bowl haircut, swallow yer pride at private school... cower under the cooooovers

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

🎵 Ain't got no record, ain't got no band but I got me a song 'bout a truck-drivin' man, I'm on the air -- I'm on the air🎵

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

🎵 Ain't got no record, ain't got no band but I got me a song 'bout a truck-drivin' man, I'm on the air -- I'm on the air🎵

Well shut up, ya cracker!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i'll keep the black barts off your mudflaps

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

drained and satisfied, i'm tracing lazy circles on your supercab now...

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"well old buffalo is a coming on through a doo doo woo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jim Stafford was still performing last year i think

Also I've watched San Franciso International everyday for like a month now