Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The name is really bad though. I'm not paying full price for a game named Returnal. I didn't buy Immortals Fenyx Uprising for full price and am sticking to my guns here.

edit: A good game title is something like Mario is Missing (where is he?) or Samurai Shodown (I'm there)

edit: Good movie title? Fast Cars Fast Women

Jolo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

If it sucks we can call it Returinal

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

If it sucks, it's too bad we can't take advantage of Steam's 2 hour Returnal Policy.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Shammypants posted:

If it sucks we can call it Returinal

the obvious choice :hai:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
loving Returnal looks SO GOOD

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Forgive me if I’m misremembering but wasn’t it said in this thread that the reason more controllers don’t come with the extra back trigger buttons is because of a patent issue? I’ve started to use them more and more on my split pad, 8bitdo pro2, and some Chinese joycon that I bought. I would love to have an option on PS5. Now the only option I have is to stream my PS5 to my PS4 and use the DS4 attachment, but that’s not something I want to deal with.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

I suppose it could be worth it for the price, maybe I've been spoiled with Nova Drift*, Dead Cells, Risk of Rain 2, and Hades* all being relatively cheaply priced, and Returnal is giving me those games' vibrations kinda

*sadly no playstation release yet :(

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m buying that Returnal at full price and playing the poo poo out of it. I’m not watching any more videos because they feel like major spoilers are being released in those previews now. Haptics, superbly implemented 3D audio, all the PS5 graphics capabilities, AND an HR Giger-esque sci fi setting for some wild alien shooting? Uh gently caress duh. DUH

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:pray: for any chance we get some secret badass OPN Daniel Lopatin music tucked into Returnal

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Dang that's true, if it really takes advantage of the ps5 hardware then that'll get me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the obvious choice :hai:

returdnal

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Well the 3D audio sounds genuinely rad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

doctorthefonz posted:

Dang that's true, if it really takes advantage of the ps5 hardware then that'll get me

The discussion of how they used the triggers sounded pretty cool? Normal weapon aiming at half pull, special cooldown attacks if you pull all the way, and it locks until the attack is ready again?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The discussion of how they used the triggers sounded pretty cool? Normal weapon aiming at half pull, special cooldown attacks if you pull all the way, and it locks until the attack is ready again?

A reason to turn my triggers back on!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You guys are getting my hyped for Returnal. I don't really like how it looks but metroidvania + roguelite sounds interesting. And it's a PS5 exclusive made by Sony. But...unless the reviews are kickass I think I'll wait. I don't want them to think that $70 is an okay price point. The worse things sell at $70 the better.

So I think I am going to wait for it to drop in a month or two. I urge everyone to do the same.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I try to stick to the $20 rule. Sorry Days Gone, I didn't particularly like you at that price point either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As long as you are patient, pretty much all games can be gotten for $20 eventually. And with backlogs it really does pay off.

But gotta get the latest and greatest and pay $70 for it. Woo.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Rinkles posted:

I try to stick to the $20 rule. Sorry Days Gone, I didn't particularly like you at that price point either.

In a time where there are already so many good games for so many systems that can range from 1 dollar to 70, what is the point in buying something that doesn't interest you what so ever. I'm sure plenty of folk had fun with Days Gone but I certainly couldn't care less for the game.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Waltzing Along posted:

As long as you are patient, pretty much all games can be gotten for $20 eventually. And with backlogs it really does pay off.

But gotta get the latest and greatest and pay $70 for it. Woo.

Unless it's a nintendo game in which case it only ever goes up.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Just depends on the game, if Elden Ring is 70$ I wont hesitate, same with GOW2 and Forbidden West whenever that is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

infraboy posted:

Just depends on the game, if Elden Ring is 70$ I wont hesitate, same with GOW2 and Forbidden West whenever that is.

Elden Ring is going to be the new poster child of vaporware. Star Citizen is going to point at it and laugh.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Elden Ring is going to be the new poster child of vaporware. Star Citizen is going to point at it and laugh.

try harder

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Since TLOU Remaster will take full advantage of the PS5’s capabilities it will be $70, too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Since TLOU Remaster will take full advantage of the PS5’s capabilities it will be $70, too.

if it's got factions i couldn't care less

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

I feel like this is the closest we’ll ever actually get to a new Metroid Prime. Can’t wait for next week

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
This time next year we will all be playing elden ring

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can they release TLOUR without factions for $50?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

fridge corn posted:

This time next year we will all be playing elden ring

that’s right

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Control comparisons appear non-superficial

https://twitter.com/cynixy/status/1385128871327113221?s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

that’s right

that's right

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Can they release TLOUR without factions for $50?

LMAO

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Goddamnit this guy just took $70 out of my wallet with one headline.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Grateful to have enough games going on atm that I can sleep on Returnal until everyone’s impressions are in

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Goddamnit this guy just took $70 out of my wallet with one headline.

:same:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

...what happened to your av?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

...what happened to your av?

cineD flaccids hate it when people talk trash about disney comic movie pig slop

i thought i'd keep it for a bit lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, it's just common courtesy to rep an av that someone has so thoughtfully bought for you, right?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I mean, it's just common courtesy to rep an av that someone has so thoughtfully bought for you, right?

damaged beanpole

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, no sorry I'm not looking at that Jared Leto Joker. I'm buying you your Devils av back.

Hopefully I did this right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, no sorry I'm not looking at that Jared Leto Joker. I'm buying you your Devils av back.

Hopefully I did this right.

Lol nice work