Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

He’s played 27 mpg over the last 10 games lol

Hmm I wish you all had had this conversation yesterday before I put him on my fantasy team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Maestro posted:

Hmm I wish you all had had this conversation yesterday before I put him on my fantasy team.

I think he has been added by every active player at least once this season, lol. I definitely gave him a run early on.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That Lebron tweet was way tamer than I thought it was going to be.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rick posted:

I think he has been added by every active player at least once this season, lol. I definitely gave him a run early on.

He's been on my Yahoo team since the start no regrets.

YEAR OF THE DUNK TRAUMA!

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 22, 2021

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
20 rebounds good lord russ

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Lockback posted:

That Lebron tweet was way tamer than I thought it was going to be.

No kidding. It says #accountability for fucks sake. Wow LeBron you really crossed a line this time!

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

what about him? are we just naming NBA players now? Freddie Gillespie

He's gone from arguably the worst contract in the league to a borderline all-star (shoulda made it). He might be the 2nd most important player on the #1 seed in the East

It's still Randle IMO

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

paternity suitor posted:

He's gone from arguably the worst contract in the league to a borderline all-star (shoulda made it). He might be the 2nd most important player on the #1 seed in the East

It's still Randle IMO

Tobias Harris wasn't even the worst contract on his team last year lmao.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Harris was never the “worst “ contract. People just don’t understand the salary cap (not here )

Simmons is still way more important

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

has LockerRoom been funnelling seed money to all these basektball podcasts to have these lovely Q&A sessions? i'm listening to the Hollinger & Duncan pod from yesterday, and the first guy comes in under the username Poku with one of the grossest voices I've heard saying "First time caller, long time listener here. I'm not actually the real Poku though, unfortunately". this is bad content and i hope they go bankrupt.

e: he also later interrupts nate to say that he thinks the Thunder should keep tanking to accumulate more draft picks lol. they got a few already dude

ee: omg some dude is talking about starcraft metagame to john hollinger dude gently caress LockerRoom

Katana_Warrior fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 22, 2021

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

People just don’t understand the salary cap

there isn't a big enough :thunk: emote in the world to properly respond to this

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

20 rebounds good lord russ

1 turnover away from the Quadruple Double:

14 PTS (5-17 FG)
20 REB
10 AST
9 TO

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Aye Doc posted:

lol

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
this is the most niche edit i've made, have a look at the league leader in fake dhos, naz reid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLXHkWFRWk

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Athanatos posted:

1 turnover away from the Quadruple Double:

14 PTS (5-17 FG)
20 REB
10 AST
9 TO

I miss him so much

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

dokmo posted:

this is the most niche edit i've made, have a look at the league leader in fake dhos, naz reid

Hahaha

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

I love every second of this.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Knicks are... good??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

I’ve considered your Criticism and don’t find it to be accurate.

I am a Doctor of many things including the salary cap

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

triple sulk posted:

The Knicks are... good??

Thibs is good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bullsposters were right.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

the tobias harris contract isn't good but if he sucks rear end in the playoffs for the third year in a row then I don't see how you can look at him as anything other than Premium Wiggins. The worse part about the tobias contract is the process that the sixers management went through to give it to him. just a bunch of sunk cost pr posturing.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

triple sulk posted:

The Knicks are... good??

based around their defense while also giving extraordinary minutes to noted sieve and t rex julius randle

it’s astounding

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

the tobias harris contract isn't good but if he sucks rear end in the playoffs for the third year in a row then I don't see how you can look at him as anything other than Premium Wiggins. The worse part about the tobias contract is the process that the sixers management went through to give it to him. just a bunch of sunk cost pr posturing.

comparing him to wiggins is dumb as hell, you can talk about players without sorting them into the bucket of "lebron" or "terrible and overpaid"

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 22, 2021

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

you can talk about players without sorting them into the bucket of "lebron" or "terrible and overpaid"

he doesn't have to be lebron, but he and khris middleton make about the same and fit similar enough roles and khris is just clearly better at it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Lol, Harris plays absolutely nothing like Wiggins. Harris has always been pretty good and he go overpaid because that's what the Sixers needed to do to get him to be a (at the time) 4th banana. He's also playing a lot better this year because he doesn't need to play as a perimeter-only wing and can instead play forward. Harris had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the sixers played 4 bigs last year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

he doesn't have to be lebron, but he and khris middleton make about the same and fit similar enough roles and khris is just clearly better at it

yeah and middleton is underpaid

there's a lot of room between being one of the best two way players in the league and slightly better than andrew wiggins

He's scoring an efficient 20 points a game and playing pretty good D this year I don't really know what else you could want out of someone playing off a high usage MVP candidate

Lockback posted:

Lol, Harris plays absolutely nothing like Wiggins. Harris has always been pretty good and he go overpaid because that's what the Sixers needed to do to get him to be a (at the time) 4th banana. He's also playing a lot better this year because he doesn't need to play as a perimeter-only wing and can instead play forward. Harris had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the sixers played 4 bigs last year.

he would have definitely gotten a max on the open market too so it's not just a Philly thing they just happened to have his bird rights and could go higher

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 22, 2021

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Brooklyn should do this and just have Durant bitching at bloggers and random Twitter accounts on the big screen at half time.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Brooklyn should do this and just have Durant bitching at bloggers and random Twitter accounts on the big screen at half time.

going to need more than just half time

oh man you put KD on those read mean tweets segments

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Harris getting to the rim and scoring there and Wiggins...not doing that is a massive difference

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

Harris getting to the rim and scoring there and Wiggins...not doing that is a massive difference

Any excuse to repost this lol

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Harris has more than shown up this season and aside from having to prove it in the playoffs, any criticism of him that's beyond him not being a top elite player is mostly hyperbole or trolling.

He may be behind Simmons, but it honestly doesn't matter, they're both very necessary for the team to have a shot at a title this year.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Lockback posted:

Lol, Harris plays absolutely nothing like Wiggins.

Harris has always been pretty good and he go overpaid because that's what the Sixers needed to do to get him to be a (at the time) 4th banana. He's also playing a lot better this year because he doesn't need to play as a perimeter-only wing and can instead play forward. Harris had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the sixers played 4 bigs last year.

for sure, i'm strictly comparing their impact, not the roles they play. the clippers performing at the same level after trading him for a rookie and picks made me skeptical of him in general. but yeah, maybe more of the blame for his lackluster playoff performance should go to the bad gm-ing the sixers were doing and the fact that brett brown was a legitimately terrible coach.

James butler, smh

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Stevie Lee posted:

this would've ended the mvp and GOAT debates

e: better video
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1385044978368344064?s=19

Still thinking about this

I posted it in the GDT but the Suns Sixers last night was very entertaining. It would be cool to see them go at it for a series.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

dokmo posted:

I'm really bad at basketball but did you make this to convince someone else to do it more? I feel like he gets what he wants quite a lot here (matchup or driving lane) but just can't finish.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

OzFactor posted:

I'm really bad at basketball but did you make this to convince someone else to do it more? I feel like he gets what he wants quite a lot here (matchup or driving lane) but just can't finish.

no, i don't have strong feelings about what went on there, i just thought it was funny that his one move is ... not!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

no, i don't have strong feelings about what went on there, i just thought it was funny that his one move is ... not!

I want to see him and Andre Drummond play to 100.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Jokic should do that move more, he does the “sudden spin defended in the post” often, and he backs out of DHO often, but he rarely does That Move

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

anakha posted:

Thank you. I laughed all over again.

I remember a talking point going around a while ago which said, broadly, that while Thibs was a defensive innovator, widespread adoption of his defensive schemes had made him sorta obsolete. But now the Knicks are a terrific defensive team, and he's a COTY candidate. Does he just have a better roster for his coaching style, or is he coaching differently, or was it just a bullshit hot take the whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

anakha posted:

Love the bench getting so hyped on the move and then "...oh nvrmd"