Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Using the power of the Infinite Heaven mod, we're going to be playing through MGSV only using equipment we find on site. We'll be playing with modified Subsistence rules since most of these missions weren't designed with Subsistence in mind.

Subsistence Rules:

-No weapons
-No equipment
-Base bionic arm only
-Quiet and D-Walker unavailable
-Int scope/Fultons/Idroid can be upgraded as desired

Changes from Subsistence

-I can wear whatever I want because I like to dress like an rear end in a top hat
-D-Horse is available because nobody wants to watch me jog across Afghanistan
-D-Dog is available on Side Ops only because nobody wants to see a dogless run, come on

Changes from the base game

-This LP will take place entirely offline, as such I installed a mod that unlocks all items and lowers some prices to facilitate the offline only aspect.
-S++ soldiers can be found on the field due to offline only, also story characters have had their main stats bumped up to make them not useless in the end
-We skip the helicopter ride into missions/mother base because it takes too loving long

Episodes:

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 1 - Babyboy
Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 2 - Ten Foot Long
Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 3 - Cannot Stop The Pizza
Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 4 - Not Really Whoops
Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 5 - Dan? How.
Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 6 - Upsetting To Watch

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I've never seen MGSV played before, so this all sounds like a good idea.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
and here i was half expecting for the other MGS Dan+Grace thread to finally rise from its slumber.

ah well, MRRGRRRRR

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I watched the entire chip and ironicus LP and I am so loving ready for subsistence MGSV. Slap me in the face with it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

and here i was half expecting for the other MGS Dan+Grace thread to finally rise from its slumber.

ah well, MRRGRRRRR

We'll get back there soon, there's just uh, some complications I have to deal with first

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh thank god, I was worried we wouldn't get a dog. That would truly be the worst way to play MGSV.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I literally stopped playing MGSV after getting the dog because I knew it would never get better than that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh god. This is a great idea but I can't imagine being competent enough at the game to pull it off, good luck and godspeed :patriot:

CirclMastr posted:

I literally stopped playing MGSV after getting the dog because I knew it would never get better than that.

You gotta at least get to the point where you can try a CQC/doggo fulton only run.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Some of the later missions are going to be a pain the rear end without supplies IIRC.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Just want to say this thread title delights me and is absolutely better than "back by unpopular demand", even if the latter suits your self-deprecating tendencies.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

WaltherFeng posted:

Some of the later missions are going to be a pain the rear end without supplies IIRC.

Let me tell you about Back Up Back Down.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Also, None Drinking Conditions With Left Horse, which must be a relief for your liver if past threads are anything to go by. You don't need the gimmick anyway, and at the risk of sounding sappy, hopefully a consequence of being in a bit better place mentally, because (speaking from experience) drinking as a coping method is pretty poo poo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Godspeed :patriot:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I drink roughly the same amount of alcohol during drinking games and non-drinking games, the only real difference is the drinking game stuff tastes bad and is usually consumed faster for obvious reasons. Also I've never drank to cope, even before being on antidepressants, since drinking when I'm upset doesnt make me feel better and I'm not spending money to feel like poo poo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
D-Horse is a real hero I came to appreciate much later after benching him forever once I got D-Dog at first. Because unlike a Jeep he can teleport and let me shoot guns while driving him.

I mean, a tank can drive and shoot at the same time. But I cant kidnap someone with a tank.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Might've projected a bit too much then it seems, sorry. Anyhow, subsistence rules is rad as it shows how most problems can be solved by dunking them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 2 - Ten Foot Long

Incidentally, the run of A Heroes Way where you just swoop in and mow him down with the helicopter gun counts as a subsistence run. Just a thought

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
...Okay I know I would collect them anyways on principle/because it unlocks something.

But is there any way to even USE the delivery points while doing OSP?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 3 - Cannot Stop The Pizza

Look, the mission got completed. I didn't promise S ranks.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh my god that pink outfit :swoon:
A real emotional rollercoaster when I figured out I'd have to deal with FOB stuff to get it.

Also I hadn't thought about it before today, but there's no way to get night vision goggles in this run, right? I know enemies eventually start wearing them pretty commonly but I don't remember ever seeing them as loot or pickups.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am real happy to hear about Wombat and Alligator's animal sanctuary :allears:

Also glad to see D-Horse already showing his value for the OSP soldier on the go.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan can't do stealth and also can't handle the raw power of the Mummyhead, confirmed.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
This is an interesting LP so far, though it is a bit of a cold open for people who aren't super-familiar with MGSV.

Also could I request that you add the new video links to the OP as well? Just because otherwise it's a bit annoying to keep up with when there are multiple updates to find.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hey if you want an informative LP, go watch Chip Cheezum. If you want a GOOD LP, also go watch Chip Cheezum because ours are pretty poo poo.

And yeah I'll update the op at some point, it's a habit I need to get into

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

PurpleXVI posted:

This is an interesting LP so far, though it is a bit of a cold open for people who aren't super-familiar with MGSV.

all you need to know is that boss dunks mans, kaz is ANGRY ABOUT THINGS, and the dog is good. unlike other MGS games, the MGSV plot does not matter.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Ocelot is ruse cruising as usual. Huey is the most pathetic, colossal piece of poo poo that deserves every bit that's coming for him and then some. Basically the complete opposite of D-Dog, who is the goodest boy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

At heart, it's a story about burgers and betrayal.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

It's also full of heavy handed Moby Dick references. Which Dan should make into M'Dick jokes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 4 - Not Really Whoops

Soviet outpost just sees some whibbly man ragdoll sprinting around and decides it's just not worth it to call that in

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
loving cowards should've let Snake wear the Boss' outfit

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Horse meat facts! :eng101:

Horse meat is actually very good for you, it's higher in iron than beef. It also tastes quite different, unless it's prepared to taste like beef. (Though some people say they can't really tell a difference between the two.)

The main problem with horse meat, though, is that the horses have to be specifically raised for their meat: horses that are kept for other purposes, like racehorses or workhorses, are often given drugs which are good for their health, but make their meat dangerous for human consumption because they leave residues. And that is the "horse meat scam": when a horse not raised for their meat dies, unscrupulous people will sell their meat as if it was beef (usually ground beef) instead of disposing of it properly, making a neat profit but also putting public health in danger.

Oh, and horses are neither halal nor kosher, so observant Muslims and Jews cannot eat them for religious reasons. So people selling it as beef is understandably a Pretty Big Deal.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 29, 2021

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know it isn't something you can do in the game, but I was still expecting Dan to rush out and somehow punch the first jeep into submission with the bionic man punch.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

If you think this was hard to watch, imagine being the one behind the controller. This is the worst mission in the game for this challenge :negative:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

If you think this was hard to watch, imagine being the one behind the controller. This is the worst mission in the game for this challenge :negative:

I appreciate the dedication to getting out of a tank and sending dudes to space personally. This clearly means Dan missed the missiles on purpose to ensure he could do so.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV On-Site Procurement Episode 6 - Upsetting To Watch

I learned something in this episode. Something I'm sure I'll never live down.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
To be fair, it was absolutely hilarious.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That would never have happened if the pellets had not been propelled harder than normal due to the force of Snake's anger.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

D-Horse just wants to be free.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Throw every troublemaker into the ocean :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??