Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Dudes posting their Ws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Is that a couch just standing up sideways on the left?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So WOR once more mentioned bananas in passing. Important question.

Is it “The Lore of the Dave” or “The Lore of the Meltzer”?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Is that a couch just standing up sideways on the left?

its what he benches while watching raw

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

HidaO-Win posted:

So WOR once more mentioned bananas in passing. Important question.

Is it “The Lore of the Dave” or “The Lore of the Meltzer”?

They both exist but in two separate realities, but they're going to meet each other in the Meltzer CU.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Replace the Gargano poster with The Beatles

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WOL had Lance Storm and Don Callis on today, it ruled.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

MJeff posted:

WOL had Lance Storm and Don Callis on today, it ruled.

I'm glad Don Callis came back to wrestling, because the man can cut a promo.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dudes rock

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

King poo poo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

It would be better if he was sitting incredibly awkward on that chair

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/1385331181231562752

Dave needs to shut the hell up sometimes and not go into potential reasons women got surgery.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 23, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why does Dave have Charlotte's phone number?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dave Meltzer is a reporter covering professional wrestling and Charlotte Flair is a professional wrestler

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

xbilkis posted:

Dave Meltzer is a reporter covering professional wrestling and Charlotte Flair is a professional wrestler

I don't think reporters have top stars direct numbers in my sports or industries.

Charlotte is Dave's source, and this is all smoke and mirrors

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yes, reporters build a network of sources from the industry they cover. For top-level reporters in the sports and entertainment field, this often means having direct contact info for "top stars"

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Dave needs to shut the hell up sometimes and not go into potential reasons women got surgery.

Funny, this kicking off right after the internet was talking about Mickie James receiving her belongings back in a trash bag. Coincidental, even.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Dave is once again 100% in the right,didn't say anything inappropriate and was actually defending Charlotte against WWEs sexist actions, and people like you and the weird twitter and r/SC brigade against him are incredibly weird and purposely taking comments out of context, thank you

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Wazzu posted:

She ain't wrong.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
What makes it extra-frustrating is that his motives are in the right place in discussing body image stuff, and he's been pretty consistent in that for a LONG time; at least two decades. But he often has trouble distinguishing the right way to talk about it or when to make the call not to talk about it. So he's probably best off not talking about it at all at this point. Though I'm assuming there could be more context missing from the clip based on who was tweeting it originally.

Also: Charlotte invoking "You have my number!" is smart because it shows she's not bullshitting at all.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"She's getting dental work done because the WWE makes women super insecure about their bodies"

That's hardly anything to be mad at Dave about when there's 30 years of Vince and Dunn pressuring women into getting plastic surgery for better positions on the card, or women getting ignored/not being used because Vince/Dunn doesn't find them attractive

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why does Dave have Charlotte's phone number?
...the same reason I have a bunch of wrestlers' phone numbers saved in my contacts...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I understand why people would suspect WWE of weaponizing something in bad faith, but Charlotte has been (rightfully) pretty vocal in pushing back against people criticizing or dissecting the way she looks.

Even if he was targeting his criticism against bad beauty standards in wrestling (which exist! which would be fine to call out in other contexts!), the message of what he said is "Charlotte Flair, specifically, is getting cosmetic surgery because she has unfortunately internalized other people's opinion about the way she looks." Which is a hosed up thing to say about someone in a professional context, and Charlotte is being completely reasonable if she takes exception to it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why would a journalist have an athlete in the sport that they cover's phone number

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my guess is dave and charlotte are going to Talk It Out in private.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think he's wrong but I also don't see how it helped to say anything. Everyone knows it, everyone is aware of what's happening, but talking about it like that kind of puts Charlotte on blast. If he wanted to help her could of just talked about the pressure WWE puts on women without naming names. At the least just say WWE asked her to do dental work and she agreed. Don't make some weird guess at how they gaslight her into it. It's really creepy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
gonna be funny when charlotte appears on raw with roman reigns teeth.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

davidbix posted:

...the same reason I have a bunch of wrestlers' phone numbers saved in my contacts...

So you can try and get them to split uber rides with you on accident?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

To play words with friends?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Huh?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrong thread.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fondly remembering when people sat behind dave at the last real mania weekend and took creepshots of his text notifications from lars sullivan

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Let's wonder why Dave has Charlotte's number some more.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dave's top three sources are Charlotte's Dad, Jericho, and Paul Heyman so having her number seems normal to me

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I don't think reporters have top stars direct numbers in my sports or industries.

Yes they, in fact, do.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE doesn’t put undue pressure on women about appearance says woman who almost looks like an entirely different person now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Don't broadcast an armchair psychoanalysis of my appearance" says woman subject to an absurd amount of unsolicited commentary about her appearance

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

"Don't broadcast an armchair psychoanalysis of my appearance" says woman subject to an absurd amount of unsolicited commentary about her appearance

Yeah, that is a fair interpretation of the interaction. The villain remains that racist account trying to gotcha metlzer or whatever the gently caress it is doing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh it’s time for the semi-annual “WWE’s women’s roster brigades Meltzer over some minor thing”

Should have known it was coming when he made fun of HHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

NienNunb posted:

Let's wonder why Dave has Charlotte's number some more.

The dave-is-divorced theory adds another link in the chain