Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ROJO posted:

What else would you need it to do? :raise:

And that's just today's trip - PBUC!

But seriously, it is great for sous vide as mentioned above, but also for all sorts of leftovers. I use it for when I inevitably make too much pulled pork, brisket, ribs, etc. Then sous vide to reheat :getin:

CHIEF BEEF

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

durrneez posted:

:yeah:

on first bite, i thought they’d be too sweet for me but they’re really delightful.

I saw a small lady crawl out of the freezer and throw a case of these things in her cart, so I climbed in after her for a box from way in the back. Sadly no Narnia back there. Maybe another freezer.

At first glance they seem kinda small, like a pudding pop from the days of yore. Don’t let the size disappoint. They’re dense as hell and full of cream, sugar and surprisingly evenly spaced pockets of boba.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ROJO posted:

What else would you need it to do? :raise:

And that's just today's trip - PBUC!

But seriously, it is great for sous vide as mentioned above, but also for all sorts of leftovers. I use it for when I inevitably make too much pulled pork, brisket, ribs, etc. Then sous vide to reheat :getin:

I'm definitely not buying a sous vide machine. Although I think my Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Pressure Cooker also does sous vide...

Dunno, a pack of steaks lasts me two months. A pork loin longer than that. Still on the fence.

I bought it anyway because it's on sale now. I'll decide to return it or not.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It getting really hot in my local area. I like to share the costco joy by buying large amount of vitamin water and normal water and put them out for my local postal worker. A nice little cooler with some ice packs and a sign. Last summer I think I went through like 4 or 5 packs.

Those little trucks are like giant solar oven with no AC. I spent a year working for the post office and cool drinks were a life saver. Literally post workers die of heat stroke every year. And they all they do is have a stand up and remind people drink to water.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I love when my Costco had Vitamin waters, except now all they have are the gross sugar-free ones

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

infraboy posted:

I love when my Costco had Vitamin waters, except now all they have are the gross sugar-free ones

why are u buying flat soda disguised as healthy drinks

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I put a case of Mexican Coke in the cart too

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

infraboy posted:

:hai::respek::hai:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

infraboy posted:

I am always tempted but I have no self control when it comes to soda.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

infraboy posted:

ive been thinking of doing this past few trips but resisted the temptation. i regret it constantly when im at home so gently caress it im going for it next time !!! mexi coke is so good

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
So I want a new television from Costco but I'd like to not pay for it. Does anyone have a receipt for a TV they could mail me so when they check at the exit it matches up? TIA

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

kntfkr posted:

So I want a new television from Costco but I'd like to not pay for it. Does anyone have a receipt for a TV they could mail me so when they check at the exit it matches up? TIA

The flaw in your plan is that they mark the receipt.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

its all nice on rice posted:

The flaw in your plan is that they mark the receipt.

also how you gonna walk your big TV through the checkout?

Are you gonna put on a red vest and try to “official business, don’t mind me” your way through?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
^^^^ this is a good idea

Since covid started, they seem to be cool with you showing a receipt for a single item with a one line item receipt and not getting too close.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Ok Comboomer posted:

Are you gonna put on a red vest and try to “official business, don’t mind me” your way through?

Of course not silly, you need a clipboard too

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Picturing two goons trying to smuggle a 65” OLED through checkout under a comically overstretched maternity dress, almost getting away with it until they get into a slapstick argument about getting hotdogs at the food court

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
trying to steal from church? shameful :nono:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

kntfkr posted:

Thankfully Costco has all of your purchases on record so people who would be assholes like the situation your are speaking of can't do that. :eng101:

edit: I guess it wouldn't work if you're just using the receipt to get past the door guy. I was thinking the customer service desk. But thankfully they do mark the receipt! :eng101:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 21, 2021

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
When I was really little I used to play in the dumpster behind Pep Boys auto parts. It’s a bad idea kids, don’t do it! For like a week straight I came home with a brand new am/fm clock radio.

My parents kept the radios, but told a family friend about it, and the next day the Pep Boys cleaning crew got sacked. They were tipping objects of value into their trash bins, but 7 year old me was getting between them and the sweet grey market sales value of auto parts store grade clock radios.

Maybe try putting that 65 incher in the trash and circling around later for it?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Nooner posted:

trying to steal from church? shameful :nono:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://twitter.com/SteveStaeger/status/1385024702155042823?s=19

This is a Denver centric one.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why you playin in a dumpster

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bird with big dick posted:

Why you playin in a dumpster

That's a pretty harsh thing to say about Denver.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Mary Poppins over here thinking you can keep a kid out of a dumpster.

Just as water finds its own level, kids will find dangerous filth to play in.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can confirm, dumpster dove a lot as a kid for some reason. Got a rad stack of 45s to play on my Tyco kids record player once

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ok Comboomer posted:

Basically this was happening at Walmart and HD around me early last year. Some guys got vests, and they were just loading flat bed carts with TVs and expensive tools and walking right the gently caress out like they were taking em to a customer. They never actually got caught.

In weird I'm getting old news I got some of those "weather proof" pants on sale and oh man these things are comfortable and awesome. So stretchy and light, great for summer.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

iwentdoodie posted:

Basically this was happening at Walmart and HD around me early last year. Some guys got vests, and they were just loading flat bed carts with TVs and expensive tools and walking right the gently caress out like they were taking em to a customer. They never actually got caught.

In weird I'm getting old news I got some of those "weather proof" pants on sale and oh man these things are comfortable and awesome. So stretchy and light, great for summer.

That's too much effort. Most places you just walk out. Staff is not supposed to intervene.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

iwentdoodie posted:

Same and I love them. I’ve lost a bit of weight so the only problem is that I may still have gotten too big of a size.

I want another pair for hiking and fishing and stuff to come this summer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

StormDrain posted:

That's too much effort. Most places you just walk out. Staff is not supposed to intervene.

It's this, then they call the cops and report what was blatantly taken. When I worked at a different store, someone literally walked out with a vacuum under each arm.

There was also the time where someone stuffed a backpack full of stuff, and then attempted to buy just the backpack, as if the cashier isn't going to check it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

StormDrain posted:

I live in a land of everyone having a gun. Chances of another customer shooting you cause a staff member yelled and you didn't stop aren't low.

Also it's not hard to get those vests. poo poo, people were selling them on FB at the start of covid lockdowns so people could get in the stores before they opened.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Dunno if this was already mentioned in the thread, but does the Costco covid vaccine booking site just not work? I started trying to use it last week for WA state and got error messages for every nearby Costco. I tried again today and it now goes to an external site that asks for a zip code but when I try to locate any Costcos it gives no results. Tried mobile and desktop.

I got booked for a shot at another place, but would have preferred to be able to do some shopping at the same time.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Apparently some random Costco members got sent a $100 off $500 coupon via email today. I unfortunately did not get one.
If any goons got one and aren’t going to use it, I could really make sure of it. Washer & dryer purchase upcoming.

Also I think you can only use one per account.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Marklar posted:

Apparently some random Costco members got sent a $100 off $500 coupon via email today. I unfortunately did not get one.
If any goons got one and aren’t going to use it, I could really make sure of it. Washer & dryer purchase upcoming.

Considering how much I spent there last year I'm certain I will not get one, even though i deserve it!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dunno if this was already mentioned in the thread, but does the Costco covid vaccine booking site just not work? I started trying to use it last week for WA state and got error messages for every nearby Costco. I tried again today and it now goes to an external site that asks for a zip code but when I try to locate any Costcos it gives no results. Tried mobile and desktop.

I got booked for a shot at another place, but would have preferred to be able to do some shopping at the same time.

When I was searching locations it would give me an error page if there were no appointments available. Finally clicked on a location that had available ones and I was able to select and fill out my information. I checked for a few days before finally snagging one. The second dose is automatically scheduled when you get your first one. Same place same time 3 weeks later.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Chinatown posted:

When I was searching locations it would give me an error page if there were no appointments available. Finally clicked on a location that had available ones and I was able to select and fill out my information. I checked for a few days before finally snagging one. The second dose is automatically scheduled when you get your first one. Same place same time 3 weeks later.

Ah makes sense. I wish it would say “appts are booked at these locations” instead of making it look like there are no Costcos in the Seattle area. When I searched in Florida as a test it worked right. Seems like part of larger issue of Costco stores being top tier but the website being iffy.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Marklar posted:

I started getting Costco themed spam and/or phishing emails that shot straight past 20 plus years of operational intelligence to my “Costco loves me so I must click” center of my brain.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Considering how much I spent there last year I'm certain I will not get one, even though i deserve it!

drat I only got a $50 :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Thank you for the suggestions of sprucing up the Colombian Cold Brew. I put it over ice with a bunch of milk and 2 packets of Truvia and it's fantastic. Now I can pound 225mg of caffeine with delightful ease.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Went to the Co today. I don't go hard like some of you goons so I only got 3 things: Cereve lotion and Systane eye drops for the fiancé and daily vitamins for me.

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I only got gasoline today. $3.99/gallon, cheapest in town.