Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Outrail posted:

No idea what that is but I'd eat it nonetheless

I think I'm seeing biscuits, bacon, and scrambled eggs under the left gravy and hash browns under the right gravy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Biscuits Hashbrowns Homefries Bacon Egg ++ under gravy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
all aboard the Amtrak to Gravy City.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Bismuth posted:

I didnt take the photos I just found them online sorry, im sure someone has prints/photography book of oregon's ghost towns since we have the most of any state

i've spent far too many days of my life taking photographs of oregon's decrepit poo poo

this one is right down the street from the gas station with the Crush sign

if anyone has any hot tips on specific building locations lemme know because i'll drive my rear end out there

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
those photos pwn

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
here's my contribution to rural americana. a little artsy-fartsy, i was probably around 19 when i took these:

somebody was storing hay in here for some reason

the big sky lookin down at all the people lookin up at the big sky. this might be back album cover material if i ever make that country album.

windmill and waterpump

i absolutely cannot figure out what the make on this car is. seems like pontiac or oldsmobile. help?

car with a tree for an engine, dont make em like they use-ta'

there are like 3-4 little hollers around there full of abandoned early-to-mid-century equipment

da shed <3

the valley

nothin like a good cow skull on a fence. used to be more skull there when i first put it up but i think a critter stole it

oh yeah some good fenceline right there

the european mount - unamerican!!!

here's some living deer from the trail cam, love this ones expression. we've put a moratorium on the hunting until we see signs of the herd improving.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah those are amazing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i love looking at old rotting buildings. it speaks to a certain tendency in my mind or soul. like somedays i think maybe i should just get an air mattress, sleeping bag, pillow, and some good liquor and just sit there in that ancient shack until the ceiling falls in on me. those lovable scamps, the Germans, have a word for it : Ruinenlust.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

just gotta watch out for hantavirus

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
This is a really good page, drat those are good photos

I'm this close to buying my new camera, and I think when I do I'm going to go drive around Oregon with it and take photos of the stuff I grew up around. I assume it's all still standing, because amusingly, those half-collapsed barns and gutted old farmhouses seem to last decades in that state

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
You all take some good photos

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

This is a really good page, drat those are good photos

I'm this close to buying my new camera, and I think when I do I'm going to go drive around Oregon with it and take photos of the stuff I grew up around. I assume it's all still standing, because amusingly, those half-collapsed barns and gutted old farmhouses seem to last decades in that state

post lat/lons if you do cuz i wanna visit

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
edit: Nevermind!

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 22, 2021

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

smothered AND covered?!?! now that's just plain diabolical. some doctor's gonna pop your hood and find gravy on your dipstick.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

smothered AND covered?!?! now that's just plain diabolical. some doctor's gonna pop your hood and find gravy on your dipstick.

smothered is with onions, covered is with a slice of cheese. please, those browns are "country"

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gravy issues aside, shredded potatoes are the only way to make hashbrowns. Home fries and potatoes O'brien are not hashbrowns and are not substitutions for hashbrowns.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Since we're on the subject of america poo poo.
Are there certain songs and whatnot that get driven in to your heads in public school?
Having grown up on the border, and seeing tons of American tv there always seem to be songs that the people on tv know.
The only one I can think of offhand is When The Saints Go Marching In.

Besides the national anthem obviously, are there a bunch of songs that like every public school kid in America gets rammed in to their heads in grade school music classes?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Are there certain songs and whatnot that get driven in to your heads in public school?
Having grown up on the border, and seeing tons of American tv there always seem to be songs that the people on tv know.

Besides the national anthem obviously, are there a bunch of songs that like every public school kid in America gets rammed in to their heads in grade school music classes?

Hot Cross Buns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIjQCFKBI

America, the Beautiful
God Bless America

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Beans, beans
They're good for your heart

This is the folk song of my people

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i appreciate the creativity but i'm really not sure this would work

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The pledge of allegiance

No universal songs though in my experience

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
This Land is Your Land but I think everybody just gets stuck on the second lyric.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
These would have looked better 20 minutes ago when they were still hot.

As for songs? Probably a poo poo load of Christmas songs and the New Years song that everyone knows the tune to but not the words. That's pretty American, but we've spread that far and wide.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this land was your land
but now it's my land
this land was made for me and me

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

i was in public school acapella choir so it's poo poo like Handel's messiah or a bunch of spiritual and other quasi religious stuff that i wasn't exposed to as a Jew

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

You used to learn a lot of those songs not from public school but from Looney Tunes. The combination of Looney Tunes no longer airing plus cutting the budget for music class (and people just not singing/carrying on the songs with a racist lineage) leads me to expect a lot of them to die out. Not all of them of course, but a sizable percentage.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Casual dining with spirits? :spooky:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I'm sure most people can remember a bunch of songs from music class but they aren't close to universal, even regionally

If you want songs everyone in a generation knows look to TV, whether it's something good like me rogers or just a commercial for hot dogs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've never learned any songs actually

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Cloks posted:

i was in public school acapella choir so it's poo poo like Handel's messiah or a bunch of spiritual and other quasi religious stuff that i wasn't exposed to as a Jew

were you young enough to get in on Toto's Africa acapella craze? where you'd make the rain noises and poo poo and stomp on stage for thunder?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

20 Blunts posted:

were you young enough to get in on Toto's Africa acapella craze? where you'd make the rain noises and poo poo and stomp on stage for thunder?

I can’t tell if this is a joke ugh

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Dear Watson posted:

I can’t tell if this is a joke ugh

iirc, one prominent college's acapella choir made a youtube of it and high school choir teachers across the country went insane 2009-2010ish

correction: it was a Slovenian professional adult choir that i think broke this wide open

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 23, 2021

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I didn't think that song could be ruined for me but here we are

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redgubbinz posted:

I didn't think that song could be ruined for me but here we are

Don’t listen to the Weezer cover then

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

20 Blunts posted:

no, thank god

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
When I was little, 1st grade I think, we had to listen to God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood every morning before the pledge. Whenever the song went 'stand up next to you' we had to stand up.

I loving hate that song.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

SavageMessiah posted:

When I was little, 1st grade I think, we had to listen to God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood every morning before the pledge. Whenever the song went 'stand up next to you' we had to stand up.

I loving hate that song.

I don’t know if it’s the Mandela effect or what but this feels very familiar

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

SavageMessiah posted:

I loving hate that song.

When our local fighter wing came home from Desert Storm we (the high school band) went out to the airfield to play for them. Our "they're landing" song was "God Bless the USA." We had one part that was like 25 measures long that we'd just repeat over and over until the first dude landed, then we'd finish the song.

Well they called the landing literally 15 minutes too early, so we just stood there like assholes playing these same 25 loving measures over and over and over and over and over.

Mother-gently caress that song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Tomorrow, the greek omelet. There will be pictures.