Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MourningView posted:

you guys get mad at me for making fun of an anime but look what happens when the anime watchers among us no longer fear bullying

I would like to offer my formal apology.

In reality we obviously have to do something about the philly posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MourningView posted:

you guys get mad at me for making fun of an anime but look what happens when the anime watchers among us no longer fear bullying

Azure lane is chinese, don't be racist /s

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

nba ratings are down
solution: absolute nonsense corporate synergy

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought that stuff was required viewing for mods. Apologies!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This is going to be very good. I hope the players get to wear uniforms based on all my favorite marvel properties like Doctor Strange and Iron Fist.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

a new study bible! posted:

This is going to be very good. I hope the players get to wear uniforms based on all my favorite marvel properties like Doctor Strange and Iron Fist.

From The Athletic:

quote:

Steph Curry and Zion Williamson will share a court — virtually — with the Avengers next month, as ESPN and Marvel plan to collaborate on a special alternate telecast of the Warriors-Pelicans game on May 3.

The broadcast, "Marvel’s Arena of Heroes," will be driven by a Marvel storyline in which the Avengers look to recruit Warriors and Pelicans players to fight alongside them against an invading alien army. Using 3D virtual characters, custom graphics and animation packages, the telecast will include characters such as Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Black Widow and Doctor Strange.

"Recognizing the superior physical abilities, agility, and tenacity of Earth’s greatest athletes, the Avengers will hold a series of contests where the winners earn the right to train and fight alongside them as Marvel’s Champions," ESPN said in a news release. "The Avengers will begin their recruitment with the NBA elite and observe the battle between the Warriors and the Pelicans, focusing on three star players from each team."

The players the Avengers will "scout" Curry, Williamson, Draymond Green, Andrew Wiggins, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball. Players will gain "Marvel Hero" points for every point, rebound, assist, steal and block, losing points for missed field goals, free throws and turnovers. The player with the most "Marvel Hero" points on the winning team will be crowned Marvel Champion.

ESPN's Ryan Ruocco and Richard Jefferson and Marvel expert Angélique Roché will provide commentary on the telecast, which will be broadcast on ESPN2 and ESPN+.

In January, the NFL and CBS Sports experienced success with an alternate Nickelodeon broadcast of a Saints-Bears game.

Gotta get those Hero Points.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm deeply confused by that Marvel thing, but also I'm probably going to tune in just to see how awful it is.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
"Marvel expert Angélique Roché"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can't wait to see Draymond kicking some alien in the nuts and putting his sniping skills to work

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Well that's very stupid, but I am looking forward to seeing Wiggins go toe-to-toe with Thanos.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

The players the Avengers will "scout" Curry, Williamson, Draymond Green, Andrew Wiggins, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball. Players will gain "Marvel Hero" points for every point, rebound, assist, steal and block, losing points for missed field goals, free throws and turnovers. The player with the most "Marvel Hero" points on the winning team will be crowned Marvel Champion.

The Earth is going to get dusted because of Mr. Triple Single

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Wish Kyrie was playing to tell us that Killmonger is the real hero of the Marvel universe.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
will have to update my 2018 brandon ingram takes if he is crowned marvel champion

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

30 years from now Zogo Jr. is going to be posting up-to-date lists of Marvel Hero Point rankings to ZipZorp

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Now do Win Shares in the Marvel universe. Who wins out in Endgame?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Now do Win Shares in the Marvel universe. Who wins out in Endgame?

All time winshares is likely Iron Man or Thor do to number of games played and their general power levels. Endgame might have Doctor Strange win out. The only other hero who could win is Iron Man. Hulk is probably third. Ant-Man would have an underrated number of winshares.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

I thought that stuff was required viewing for mods. Apologies!

Ok lol nice save

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
God loving dammit

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Captain America does a bunch of stuff that doesn't show up on the counting stat sheet but he's the grease for that engine and his on/off stats back that up.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

dokmo posted:

God loving dammit

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Marvel’s loving stupid

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Man I could watch that Dame game winner all day

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

this sounds worse somehow than that NFL nickelodeon broadcast

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Paperback Writer posted:

Marvel’s loving stupid

it's

Booyah- posted:

this sounds worse somehow than that NFL nickelodeon broadcast

i shant be watching

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

dokmo posted:

God loving dammit

And real Philly posters don't post anime.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

Marvel’s loving stupid

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Marvel is good and cool.

It's modern mythology!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lebron could do to watch Black Panther and learn that the CIA is An Ally.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mute a new study bible! Confirmed

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This derail has been dreadful. Please leave it alone and post about anything else.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

steph curry played like a g leaguer on wednesday and faccundo's going to make him cry

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

This derail has been dreadful. Please leave it alone and post about anything else.

I can talk more about top shot if you want

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would watch a Zach Snyder NBA crossover for sure tho

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

What if someone did a crossover between the NBA and Looney Tunes, just spitballing here

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lockback posted:

Also notable: Shoes off

:chloe:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

I would watch a Zach Snyder NBA crossover for sure tho

I’d love to see his style for dunks.

Here’s a Zach Snyder made Michael Jordan hype video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_k9Jw7rDWwU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This week in the NBA has been really loving good.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Athanatos posted:

This week in the NBA has been really loving good.

For as annoying as it is that Philly dropped both of those games, I've been encouraged by how they played. The final minutes of Phoenix were insane. They'll get bounced in the first round by the Knicks or w/e but they won't get swept.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Paul George is REALLY setting people up for the "poo poo I thought this was his year" explosion. When he drops 6 points in the first game twitter is going to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

What if someone did a crossover between the NBA and Looney Tunes, just spitballing here

I don’t know why it surprised me at all but they are still somehow selling that poo poo

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/1384551155573874688?s=21