Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
it makes people very upset that an rear end in a top hat libertarian has done more to combat fascism than them and their friends. can't say i blame them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Internet Wizard posted:

the GG defenders have to pick the very rare times he wasn’t the dumbest person in the room to use as evidence of how great he is, so of course they’re gonna just not talk about his latest idiocy

This all started because you were the dumbest person in the room lol

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
mods only stan one GG on this forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86fK4jNT8-k

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Glenn didn't work with reality winner, iirc. it was another reporter. that reporter burned her though. she was already on fire though and the feds could have at least filed charges with what they already had.

the person at the intercept who handled Reality's story did a great job at giving the feds plenty of evidence through his mind boggling actions

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hasn't the intercept done that a few times

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Hasn't the intercept done that a few times

I don't know. the journalist who worked the Reality Winner story also worked very hard to alert the feds and expose his own contact. glenn didn't handle the story. I did read the court documents about the story and there are pages and pages of ways the reporter, during the course of the story, supplied information to the government and aided their internal investigation.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 09:14 on Apr 24, 2021

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

the person at the intercept who handled Reality's story did a great job at giving the feds plenty of evidence through his mind boggling actions

iirc their name was Glenn something

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
grindelwald.
he was dumbledores gay nazi boyfriend according to the author

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i hear that glenn personally and deliberately burned reality winner while giggling in glee at the thought of helping out the nsa, which is the organization that he loves the most in the whole wide world and wants to hug and kiss on the lips

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

i hear that glenn personally and deliberately burned reality winner while giggling in glee at the thought of helping out the nsa, which is the organization that he loves the most in the whole wide world and wants to hug and kiss on the lips

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

1. is the move to grant statehood to DC (and even Puerto Rico) a move to ensure a certain permanence in Democrat control of the Senate, under the assumption that these states would consistently elect Democrat Senators? Yes

2. are the Democrats to be considered tyrannical in their execution of a genocide in Yemen, their operation of concentration camps for immigrants, their militarization of police, their oppression of minorities, their alliance with Wall Street, big tech corporations, and the health industry? Also yes

3. is Greenwald correct when he then says that the move to grant statehood to DC is an attempt to stay in power forever, by a party that is genuinely repressive and tyrannical? Absolutely

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

gradenko_2000 posted:

1. is the move to grant statehood to DC (and even Puerto Rico) a move to ensure a certain permanence in Democrat control of the Senate, under the assumption that these states would consistently elect Democrat Senators? Yes

2. are the Democrats to be considered tyrannical in their execution of a genocide in Yemen, their operation of concentration camps for immigrants, their militarization of police, their oppression of minorities, their alliance with Wall Street, big tech corporations, and the health industry? Also yes

3. is Greenwald correct when he then says that the move to grant statehood to DC is an attempt to stay in power forever, by a party that is genuinely repressive and tyrannical? Absolutely

is glenn a neoliberal shill who is too much of a chickenshit to ever talk poo poo about media elites that have him on their show? 1200%

he thinks the us senate is a good institution lol, 100% imperialist poo poo right there

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

*looks at the western US which was carved into states in order to give cattle barons power in Washington*

The Senate is holy and perfect and no one has ever used statehood as a way to manipulate its membership.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Panzeh posted:

is glenn a neoliberal shill who is too much of a chickenshit to ever talk poo poo about media elites that have him on their show? 1200%

he thinks the us senate is a good institution lol, 100% imperialist poo poo right there

when vomit a bunch of words you definitely understand the meaning of into a post form

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Zeroisanumber posted:

*looks at the western US which was carved into states in order to give cattle barons power in Washington*

The Senate is holy and perfect and no one has ever used statehood as a way to manipulate its membership.

ah yes, both US parties are neoliberal imperialist institutions, but hey, guess what, one of them might do a thing to improve their position in this government, this is a travesty, a new form of permanent rule

Oneiros posted:

when vomit a bunch of words you definitely understand the meaning of into a post form

glenn actually posted about how important and great the us constitutional form of government is because it 'protects minorities'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm not disputing that statehood has never been used to manipulate the composition of the Senate before

neither am I disputing that that is what the Democrats want to do

if I said "the Democrats want to grant statehood to DC in order to secure two safe Senate seats", that statement by itself would be agreeable/agreed-upon by most liberals and leftists, usually under the premise that this is a good thing, because the Democrats are good

if I then said "the Biden administration sucks, because of their foreign policy, their immigration policy, their militarization of the police, etc.", that statement, again, by itself, would be agreeable. Perhaps not to liberals, but at least to some people on the left

Glenn is simply putting those two together: if the Democrats really are a right-wing party that's tied at the hip to big business interests and the MIC, why should we be looking forward to handing over two more Senate seats to them?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

gradenko_2000 posted:

link your source

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm not disputing that statehood has never been used to manipulate the composition of the Senate before

neither am I disputing that that is what the Democrats want to do

if I said "the Democrats want to grant statehood to DC in order to secure two safe Senate seats", that statement by itself would be agreeable/agreed-upon by most liberals and leftists, usually under the premise that this is a good thing, because the Democrats are good

if I then said "the Biden administration sucks, because of their foreign policy, their immigration policy, their militarization of the police, etc.", that statement, again, by itself, would be agreeable. Perhaps not to liberals, but at least to some people on the left

Glenn is simply putting those two together: if the Democrats really are a right-wing party that's tied at the hip to big business interests and the MIC, why should we be looking forward to handing over two more Senate seats to them?

Actual Glenn:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

reinventing Founding Father reverence to own the... libs :confused:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I honestly don't get the Glenn fandom. I respect him as a poster and fellow member of the extremely online, and he's come out with some Good poo poo, but there are posters who will go to the mattresses to defend him when he says dumbshit stuff and pals around with noted Strasserite Tucker Carlson and I don't get why.

Just shrug and say that Glenn is a land of contrasts.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Because the people who live in Washington DC deserve the basic human right of self-determination and to be able to elect their own representatives to the government, even if the Democrats suck.

The solution to lovely politicians isn't to arbitrarily disenfranchise everyone living in one city in our country. Especially here where the beneficiary is the other tyrannical neoliberal warmonger party.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It would be a travesty to weaken Ted Cruz's power by even a tiny fraction of one percent, literally

e: TYRANNICAL even

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
lovely people assume everyone is as lovely as they are

cruz is worrying about court packing because he absolutely would pack the SCOTUS in their position

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Suspicious posted:

cruz is worrying about court packing because he absolutely would pack the SCOTUS in their position

someone pointed out on twitter that the libs who call out republicans for hypocrisy dont understand that theyre making asses of themselves because what they see as hypocrisy the republicans see as a successful trick

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

baw posted:

someone pointed out on twitter that the libs who call out republicans for hypocrisy dont understand that theyre making asses of themselves because what they see as hypocrisy the republicans see as a successful trick

yeah, i mean, i think hypocrisy is the nature of the human condition it's just a matter of what we call each other

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
it doesn't really matter because dems are only interested in preserving the status quo

Suspicious has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Apr 24, 2021

baw
Nov 5, 2008

yeah hypocrisy is a great tool for getting what you want in politics but the dems dont actually want to do anything so they dont use it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

This comment isn't ridiculous by itself, but it really encapsulates all the responses I see to this already horrific article. Just criticizing it for not defending the cop enough.
https://twitter.com/bradwinston9/status/1385915052033781760?s=20

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Because the people who live in Washington DC deserve the basic human right of self-determination and to be able to elect their own representatives to the government, even if the Democrats suck.

The solution to lovely politicians isn't to arbitrarily disenfranchise everyone living in one city in our country. Especially here where the beneficiary is the other tyrannical neoliberal warmonger party.

This is more easily achieved by giving most of the city with the exception of the mall and maybe foggy bottom or whatever back to Maryland, similar to when Alexandria was returned to Virginia. DC statehood doesn’t really make sense for a few reasons and I say this as somebody who unequivocally thinks PR should be either given full statehood or full independence

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Actual Glenn:

no laws get enacted without the House voting for them except for the judicial activism by six theocratic lawmakers on the Supreme Court who were confirmed without the House voting for them by senators representing a demographic minority of the country on behalf of a genuinely repressive and tyrannical party that wants to stay in power forever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't think i'd heard of this guy a week ago and now he's regularly appearing on my twitter for stupid poo poo

https://twitter.com/StruggleVaush/status/1385943707413745664?s=20

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Jose posted:

i don't think i'd heard of this guy a week ago and now he's regularly appearing on my twitter for stupid poo poo

https://twitter.com/StruggleVaush/status/1385943707413745664?s=20

i barely know this dipshit but i doubt he has any poc followers

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
He looks like poo poo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

good eye, he is poo poo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Trump never liked twitter anyway :qq:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1385988182429380612

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
stay strong twitter he's read rules of the game

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

gradenko_2000 posted:

because DC is small both geographically and by population so enacting a grassroots campaign to get progressive third party senators and another rep could actually be effective. tactically and strategically it’s a no brainer. Glenn has a point, if you’re a loving idiot

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Suspicious posted:

The hot take is that packing SCOTUS is lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/Deplorable6363/status/1385983829991698436